It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Gay Exorcism" Enrages Gays

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Gay Exorcism Causes Outrage

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WPIX) - A video which shows an exorcism of a teen to drive out apparent "homosexual demons" has sparked outrage among several gay rights activists.

The video, which was posted on YouTube, features church elders from the Manifested Glory Ministries Church in Bridgeport performing the exorcism on the 16-year-old boy.

"Right now I command you to leave!" screamed one of the church leaders involved with the exorcism in the video.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 6/24/2009 by Doc Velocity]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 24/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The obvious question is Why would any church knowingly videotape such a grotesque spectacle, when anyone with an ounce of sense knows that it's going straight to the Internet to inflame gay wrath?

And the obvious answer is They know very well that this is going to the Internet to inflame gay wrath, which is why they did it.

It's a publicity stunt.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 6/24/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You know, your avatar was the perfect choice to post this story. What a clown act this is.

My god, Gay Demons eh? I must be hella possesed then.

Anyway, on topic I would assume that we won't hear about this at all in any of the major news outlets, but I would love to hear from that kid, see if it "worked"

This is just ludicrous behaviour, and your right, what a bunch of morons for filming the thing. What was is suppose to be, an educational video for the Vatican?

"Welcome To Exorcising Your Gay 101" They will probably get the ShamWoW guy to do the infomerical.

Sad...

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It probably is for publicity. But I mean, even though I know that homosexuality is just a sexual preference, and sexuality is just chromosomes and hormones... I've even heard people say "Well I used to be Gay but Jesus cured me."

Whatever. No comment.

Edit- Slash WHAT?! He was 16?????
That's even worse. Hormones don't even level off until the early 20s...
Sixteen. I mean honestly.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Yeah, you know I really don't have a problem with Christians attempting to "cure" the gays within their ranks, they have the right to speak whatever nonsense they wish.

However, an Exorcism is a totally different thing all together. These are strenuous, long and scarring events, especially for a young boy. I grew up as a Roman Catholic, and I don't recall any "gay" demons.

This kid should be taken away from these people and placed in a nurturing environment.

BTW nice to hear from you Raven

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
lol damn gay demons,next it will be the freckle demons or acne demons..silly i know,but so is this complete disgrace to everything humanity has worked towards for thousands of years.I really cant comment much,its a complete joke.I agree this was purposefully leaked,for what end i don't know.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So just because you believe that this people are wrong and there values don’t mesh with yours, you feel a 16 year old should be taking away? Does that make any since? What’s nurturing? A gay home?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yeah I'm going to have to call this a fake if it was done solely for the fact the kid was gay.

Who vomits just because a priest yells "Right now in the name of Jesus, I call the homosexuality, right now in the name of Jesus"?

Exorcisms are always video and audio taped, that way if something goes wrong they can look back on them.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

So just because you believe that this people are wrong and there values don’t mesh with yours, you feel a 16 year old should be taking away? Does that make any since? What’s nurturing? A gay home?

Well....I saw the video when it was posted on Youtube. And If you do end up seeing it you will understand why. Imagine the emotional distress and physical strain of something like that?

Imagine the ridicule and the self-hating rhetoric that comes from that family and his community over his supposed "demons".

And no I don't mean a gay home, I mean a home where the child will be allowed to live his life the way he wants to without prejudice or opression.

You know, like a regular loving home? I wasn't aware that a straight home no longer provided those things to children...

~Keeper

[edit on 6/24/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You are right. BUT it is not for you or the government to decide on if a child should stay in that home. While I do agree the forms of Physical and Sexual abuse should call for a removal from that home. BUT what is to stop the gov from removing a child from a home where the parents believe that he/she should be homeschooled? Or a parent who teaches the there is only GOD and Evolution is lies? The point is the government (except in extreme cases has no right to dictate what you can and cant teach YOUR child. Also like some others pointed who is to say this video isn’t faked?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

This isn't about the government, it's about the child. I wish people would stop confusing government control with common sense.

Besides, it would be the state in this case which would determine if the child were to stay with his parents or be placed in alternative care.

And if not the government of the state, or fed government, who decides? Do we leave it up to private corporations to enforce our child abuse laws among others?

I highly doubt that would be a good idea. The point I made originally was about this poor boy and what he's been put through.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I decided to watch the video.

That wasn't an exorcism. Turn your television on early sunday mornings and you will see this same type of thing.

Demons being expelled from crippled people so that they can walk again

Demons being expelled from blind people so that they can see again.

This is the type of thing you will see. Along with people flopping on the floor like a fish and "speaking in tongues".

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Yeah, you know I really don't have a problem with Christians attempting to "cure" the gays within their ranks, they have the right to speak whatever nonsense they wish.

However, an Exorcism is a totally different thing all together. These are strenuous, long and scarring events, especially for a young boy. I grew up as a Roman Catholic, and I don't recall any "gay" demons.

This kid should be taken away from these people and placed in a nurturing environment.

BTW nice to hear from you Raven

~Keeper

So you have been through an exorcism? I am Roman Catholic and have never been to, seen or even heard of one where they invite regular folks like us.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
To allow this to "enrage" you, gay or not, is even more silly than the video itself. Really.

If you want to be gay, be gay. If there are methods found that "cure" gayness, then take them for what they are worth, and continue about your life. Don't let "what" you are define "who" you are, you know?

There are far more important things to be an activist for. Perhaps i just live in a part of the world where people are more tolerant...but i rarely see gay bashing, and gays in our community are pretty open and free about their sexuality.

The question that is left for the scientific minded is to investigate reports of people being "cured" of being gay, and compare them to failed attempts. At the heart of it all is the study of human nature, and the insights gained from such data could prove valuable in unlocking any secrets that lie within.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

The key words were, WAS raised Roman Catholic. I have since moved very far away from those teachings...

As far as being present at an exorcism, no, I wouln't wanna put my soul through that kind of ridiculous activity.

Put I don't see how "Normal" people fit into the mix?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have seen many exorcisms in my time. The only thing I can say about the hardcore christians who pracitice this ritual is ...... They are almost beyond the threshold of ignorance bordering the lines of mental retardation. That is how much their logic and reasoning has been impaired by the blind devotion to a dead faith.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
how did they determine that this was a demon and not just a gay kid?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"inflame gay wrath"? Shouldn't it inflame everyone? I suppose a black exorcism done by Mormons lets say, would only offend those who are black. Yeah, sure. But who cares about people outside of their own group? I mean, that's something Christ might do.

So anyone that does something "wrong" or "sinful" has a demon in them. People should try using that in court!

But you know, we sometimes don't seem anymore civilized than the middle east, the people we like to look down upon, but I can safely say they didn't kill him so that's a set up from those "barbarians".

Somehow I don't think this is what Jesus had in mind when he went to cleanse people in the New Testament. I like the clay on the eyelids better for curing blindness, seems a bit more gentle than this.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join