It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bozeman apologizes, backs down over Facebook login request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Bozeman apologizes, backs down over Facebook login request

arstechnica.com

The city of Bozeman, Montana has decided to back off on its requirement that job applicants hand over their logins and passwords for every social network they belong to. The city announced in a meeting (PDF) on Monday that it had suspended the practice as of Friday, June 19 and that it would update its hiring procedures within 30 days to determine a more appropriate level of screening for employees.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
All I can say is What the hell was this guy thinking? Aside from obvious privacy issues, this also raises the spector if Identity Theft and discrimination. Fortunately, this policy was repealed, but the fact that people think they can get away with this is attrocious. Course, I personally would outright lie and say that I don't have any social networking accounts. Then when they corner me on it 6 months in, I'll just say that they belong to my alternate personality.

arstechnica.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't think an apology and withdrawal of this policy are enough.

Dude needs to be fired. Pronto.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly! Probably won't happen, though. What really bugs me about this, though is that the article implies that some people might have actually divulged this information to the city? Who in their right mind gives their username and password up?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This guy and the guy who approved the Air Force 1 photo op over NYC are early contenders for "moron of the year"

new topics

top topics

join