It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children as young as four are being expelled from school for sexual behaviour, finds Ofsted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Children as young as four are being expelled from school for sexual behaviour, finds Ofsted

www.dailymail.co.uk

Children as young as four have been excluded from school for 'inappropriate sexual behaviour', Ofsted has revealed.

More than one in five primary schools has raised the alarm over pupils' conduct.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, I've heard of starting out early in life, I've even heard te phrase "The early bird catches the warm" but Hmm, I'm not sure that starting out this early will lead to good things to [COME]
I have to admit that I was a very active youth way before my time, I can't even get away with the excuse of it being a childish curiosity due to the amount of times I was curious, I will even go as far as to admit that I was suspended from Jr. High School for getting caught in the auditorium when I should have been in class so to hear that at age 5 this is happening I am now ashamed!

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - fixed spelling error

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

from the OP link
A study of 69 schools showed that a total of 14 had witnessed this type of behaviour.

without details of the study we know SFA, it could be a study of the 69 lowest scoring schools in the country. that telling detail is absent from the article but given the other details presented it seems likely it was on those lines.

One head teacher was told that a child of five or six whose behaviour was displaying 'sexual elements'

that's a fairly broad term right there, could be anything from playing doctors to kiss-chase to something way more serious.

given it's the daily mail and they seem to be being a bit vauge i'll file it under "misinformation" subcategory "oh my god, won't someone think of the moral corruption endemic in our society".

[edit on 24/6/09 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Is anyone actually shocked by this considering the amount of sex there is on the TV? Also it's incredibly easy for children to access sex-sites on the internet not to mention society as a whole in the USA is a mess.

Kid's are learning what sex is at very early ages.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a new event, or if it's just being punished more. I know that Freud talked about kids playing with their genitalia at a young age...in fact I know this to be true. Which makes me wonder if this is a societal problem or merely something that has gone on for thousands of years but is now being cracked down on since people are now more aware of child activities because of pedophiles etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

"Yellow" I agree with you, I believe it has been around for ever but along with most things today that have more attention on everything we do and say it is getting to much attention. This issue could be approached with a lot more education and better parenting at home.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
children play with their bits in the womb, all those nerve endings adults enjoy stimulating so much don't suddenly just develop in puberty, but they don't have the same motivation behind it. it's like a guy cupping while watching TV rather than anything sexual.

on the other hand, sexually acting out is an indicator of sexual abuse, at least according to law and order SVU
, so it's always going to be better to be safe than sorry if they think some kid in the school has crossed a line.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samblack
Is anyone actually shocked by this considering the amount of sex there is on the TV? Also it's incredibly easy for children to access sex-sites on the Internet not to mention society as a whole in the USA is a mess.

Kid's are learning what sex is at very early ages.

If your going to blame the US for this please state the right blame. It's not because sex is easily accessed in the US, it's because US is prude and kids tend to do things that they are told they should not do.

I have 2 examples:

1. In Europe sex is open and not hidden, look at European commercials for things like soap or shampoo. The women in these commercials are almost always fully nude with at a minimum having their breasts in plain view, nipples and all...no hiding anything.

2. Look at countries with low drinking ages. They don't have as many incidents of kids and teens binge drinking or drunk driving incidents.

It's because people where this is not an issue are brought up with these behaviors and there is no need to rebel and children are not tempted to follow behaviors which they have ready access to or are told you have to be a certain age to do.

If momma says don't eat that cookie before dinner what are you going to do? Put it back? HA I doubt it.

In closing come on America lets stop being so Prude. We were a country founded by a bunch of prudes that left Europe because of the religious connotation that sex is bad. It's 2009 lets see some uncovered breasts on tv, so to speak.

[edit on 6/24/09 by Djdoubt03]

new topics

top topics

join