It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Seeks To Call Randy Weaver At Trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Brown Seeks To Call Randy Weaver At Trial

www.wmur.com

Convicted New Hampshire tax evader Ed Brown wants to subpoena Ruby Ridge survivor Randy Weaver to testify at Brown's upcoming trial on weapons and explosives charges.

Weaver generally has kept a low profile since the 1992 shootout in Idaho that killed his wife, son and a deputy U.S. marshal. But he came to New Hampshire in 2007 to support Ed Brown and his wife Elaine while they were holed up in Plainfield and threatening to harm anyone who tried to arrest them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You kiddies arent probably familiar with the Weavers. At least not to the extent that you should be. The feds plugging his son in the back as he ran away and sniping his wife while she stood holding her baby was sort of Clintons 9/11 in that it exposed an awful lot of people to the tyrant that is the federal government.

Really, I only post this news to keep the Weavers (and the Browns) in the minds of the public. As far as the government is concerned we're all Weavers. Always have been, always will be.

www.wmur.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks, I will have to read up on the Weavers. I have heard of Ruby Ridge before, but I didn't know any details. Is Randy Weaver a free man? Thanks for keeping stuff like this in the public eye!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Weaver is free. After the feds massacred his family and he "surrendered" he was only charged with a missed court date and served a month in jail.

Years later the fed issued an "apology" of sorts and the family was awarded some pittance for being the governments playthings. The ultimate welfare insult. We killed your wife? Your son and your dog? Here's a check to make it all better. Evil, evil, evil, s.o.b.'s.

National Geographic had a fantastic docu about it on.
channel.nationalgeographic.com...

If you have a 360 you can find it in HD in the marketplace under the National Geographic Channel.

Here is a collection of docu's:

www.apfn.org...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am hoping against hope that something good comes of this.

If they do win, and I know that is a very large IF, what will be the fallout? Will anything good come out of this? Or will it just be the status quo all over again? Can this fight ever be won without taking to the streets with pitchforks and muskets?

I wish the Browns all the best. Will be keeping an eye on this story, for sure,

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am not sure what sort of testimony Mr. Weaver can provide that will help the Browns. I wish them all the luck in the world. They will surely need it.

As for Mr. Weaver, from all I have been able to glean from various sources over the years is that he was at most, guilty of providing a sawed off shotgun to an undercover agent for the U.S. government, and only provided that after having been relentlessly hounded for months. Yeh. That's a good reason to kill a woman while holding her baby, eh? Oh, God bless that sniper who fired upon such a dangerous woman who obviously was putting everyone in great danger. Um....sarcasm.

For the Browns, I say they are fortunate so far. They weren't assassinated and their house wasn't subject to a full scale military type attack like those folks in Waco. And speaking of Waco, the Branch Davidians. the leader of that cult often came to town and could have been arrested at anytime without all the bloodshed and horror that ensued during the siege of the religious compound.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

As for Mr. Weaver, from all I have been able to glean from various sources over the years is that he was at most, guilty of providing a sawed off shotgun to an undercover agent for the U.S. government, and only provided that after having been relentlessly hounded for months.

Yup. A charged which was dropped when he finally "surrendered" after staying on the floor of his cabin next to the corpse of his wife for a few days.

And speaking of Waco, the Branch Davidians. the leader of that cult often came to town and could have been arrested at anytime without all the bloodshed and horror that ensued during the siege of the religious compound.

That's the sickest part. The fed went out of its way to slaughter women and children. The fed with media help successfully labeled them all as nuts and threats for having religious beliefs that weren't "mainstream" and before long the sheep public at large was calling for the assault.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I hope the Browns "win" if possible, perhaps they called upon Weaver to lend his expertise in dealing with the Feds, he certainly is in a unique position to help if he can, as he has had experience that very few people alive have had, and that we are all probably destined to live through if we are lucky...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this front and center. It's important that everyone be reminded what the government is capable of when it comes to everyday people like you and me.

Maybe someone will take the time to do a post about RubyRidge, that would be awesome.

Star and flag, spreading the love

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Thanks for bringing this front and center. It's important that everyone be reminded what the government is capable of when it comes to everyday people like you and me.

Maybe someone will take the time to do a post about RubyRidge, that would be awesome.

Star and flag, spreading the love

In 2007 BlackOps719 created a thread for the 15th anniversary of the government exercise in totalitarian oppression.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It could stand a bump.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Can't find a better witness than somebody who has had everything taken away from them by the federal government really, however even associating with Weaver in the legal field may be a poor decision on the part of the Browns'. If I recall the details of the RR fiasco they attempted to link Randy Weaver to some white supremacist movement nonsense when they went after him, so what makes the Browns' think that the feds wont drag that back out again to use against them?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
None of actually think the Browns can win except under a technicality, but more power to them.

Just so you know, the reason the charges were dropped on the sawed off shotgun was that it was a few millimeters on the legal side, so the entire standoff was based on a false pretense.

new topics

top topics

join