It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wallabies get high in poppy fields, make crop circles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well here's another crop circle breakthrough and I bet you had no idea about drug crazed Wallabies down in Tasmania did you? well I didn't either till now

Source:
WALLABIES are breaking into Tasmania's poppy fields and getting high.

The strange occurrence that was revealed in a State Government Budget Estimates hearing, has also solved what some growers say has spurred a campfire legend about mysterious crop circles that appear in northern Tasmania's poppy paddocks.

In true X-Files-style, Attorney-General Lara Giddings said the drugged out wallabies had been found hopping around in circles squashing the poppies, creating the formations – and hence solving the mystery.

"Then they crash. We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high."

Here's a couple of Rock Wallabies now planing their next high as a kite Crop Circle gig

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c4b7af10f56.jpg[/atsimg]

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well those are some VERY intelligent and creative wallabies...lets give them a job.

I dont believe for a minute wallabies jacked up on poppy seeds are making crop circles.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
hahahaha....

Thanks for posting this, it gave me a good laugh.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Meh, and they didn't even show a crop circle that had been made by wallabies.

I guess that would have lessened the commercial viability of the article.

PS - How do those wallabies get around the globe to make crop circles in Europe, Africa, South America, North America, etc? I know! They hitchhike with the aliens when they show up to collect the poppies....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I can so picture wallabies making crop circles.

Picture it, a group of wallabies are just minding there own business and come across some poppies and decide hey lets get high. After they are all high, they decide that they are board and start making crop circles for the fun of it.

That is so cool.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think you'd have to be a fool to believe that crop circles are made by wallabies.. that seems just utterly ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Since wallabies outside of poppy fields usually lack same kind of creativity and artistic touch, am i to conclude that other, mush more (well, not that more) intelligent life forms could rise above their own limitations on the same territory? Because it sounds like shameless promoting of those fields and their effects...
Frankly, i would bielive that aliens did it (and i do not think they are doing it) before i could imagine herd of high wallabies creating geometrically-correct figures.
Until i will see either one of those (high wallabies/drunk aliens) doing it, i refuse to accept this theory.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveGeneric
I think you'd have to be a fool to believe that crop circles are made by wallabies.. that seems just utterly ridiculous.

Sounds about as ridiculous as an intelligent being coming from space to make crop circles.

or

There could be a secret alien under ground base at the poppy fields and the aliens are coming up at night to talk to there buddys in space...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by r3dman]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

:-)

finally - a reasonable explanation

you just made my day - thanks

edit to add: S&F - by the way

[edit on 6/24/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

Brilliant find, mate!
:
:

What a great way to lighten the mood!

Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I guess it's possible...maybe...that some destruction to crops are caused by wacked-out wallabies and their just calling the destroyed crops "crop circles." I think that's what they're trying to get it. Maybe? This makes my teeth hurt.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ye, I believe it, animals aren't stupid. I'm sure the crop circles they're making aren't intricate 3 dimensional objects, but I don't see why they can't make a bunch of circles that LOOK like they mean something. People can find meaning in everything.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I suppose the wallabies are also responsible for launching Chinese lanterns! Of course, it all makes sense now!

Seriously, I read this on the BBC's site and the part that got me flustered was the last line of the article:

Some people believe the mysterious circles that appear in fields in a number of countries are created by aliens. Others put them down to a human hoax.

Source

Where do actual genuine crop circles come into this? They clearly state in their own article that the wallabies are just going round in circles - that's it... I have yet to see a genuine crop circle that's as simple as a... circle! Let's give them coc aine and see if they can at least make some geometric patterns!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

So, FINally we get the real truth about what the wallabies (and presumably the wallaroos) use their pouches for -- transporting poppies!

The conspiracy circle closes: From Wiki

There is a large feral population of over 100 in the Isle of Man in the Ballaugh Curraghs area, having bred originally from a pair that escaped from the nearby Curraghs Wildlife Park some years ago.

Additionally, a small feral population of wallabies is known to exist in Hawai'i, in the upper regions of Kalihi Valley of the island of Oahu.[2] This colony arose from an escape of zoo specimens of Brush-tailed Rock Wallaby (Petrogale penicillata) in 1916.

A number of wallaby breeding colonies in other parts of the world have been established at times in the past, but only one proved viable. The two principal populations were those of the island of Inchconnachan in Loch Lomond, Scotland and in the Peak District of England

mmmmmmmm hmmmmmmm. those SNEAKY lil' marsupials!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
sigh...

some A might equate to B but it doesn't mean all B equate to A...

I hope I got that one right...

The report is just about the effects of drugs on the physiology of wallabies which happens to cause them go in circular motions in crops.

Don't take that as a personal attack on your beloved crop circles

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In Finland we don't have have wallabies but some dogs act like wallabies if they get high:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55179c296b14.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
proof positive that we should put a wallabie in charge of the bailouts!!! Fox news just mocked the story, funny though - no one is showing how they created the "dragonfly" or "fish" circle... I need a wallabie! sounds cooooolllll

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's definitely them.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
wow, this show suddenly makes so much more sense, haha

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join