It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Recovery May be in the Stars, Aerospace Experts Say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
My company lost out for the Space Shuttle.
Now where's my company.

Hmmm yeah it does look a little run down, doesn't it? Too bad

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I always love reminding myself of nasa's yearly budget of around 10 billion dollars
And people say the military don't have their own secret space program when the pentagon can lose over 2 trillion dollars within 3 or so years.That would buy you some great research and cool toys i think! I dont have any evidence to back that up,but it seems pretty much common sense...to me atleast.
Helium 3 must be on their to do list though if tis extremely rare on earth...and lets be honest the moon isn't *that* far away,have scientist perfected how to even use it yet efficiently and safely?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
SPACEPORTS

Well in the excitement over this spaceport for Virgin Galactic we are over looking the fact that there are others.. other commercial spaceports

One:

Mojave Air and Space Port
BAKERSFIELD, Calif.

Home of Scaled Composites Spaceship One

Explosion Rocks Mojave Air, Space Port
Federal Agencies Conducting Criminal Investigation
www.turnto23.com...

Scaled Composites
www.scaled.com...

FAA vs. Mojave Spaceport
Dec 22, 2007
Airport District Director Dick Rutan noted that the spaceport licensing issue is only going to grow for the FAA, with other spaceports ..
spacefellowship.com/Forum

Two:

Spaceport Oklahoma Licensed by FAA

Following the signing, the Authority, at their next meeting, is expected to sub-lease space on Spaceport Oklahoma to Space Adventures, Pioneer Rocketplanes and Space Development. These three companies have different missions but are working together to bring manufacturing, tourism and more to the Western Oklahoma location. Other companies are requesting contracts as well.

www.spaceref.com...

FAA allows commercial spaceflights out of Oklahoma Spaceport ...
en.wikinews.org...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
They are also launching from lossiemouth in Scotland.The article is a few years old so i don't know if the plans have changed or not. news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

"Everyone in this room knows that," Bingham said. "Why doesn't the American public know that?"

Because the are not paying attention nor do they care. The number of replies to this and the spaceport thread show that the same is true even here at ATS

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

For sure that's the steam plant.
With static power I can go anywhere.
Perhaps in all the universe.
That might be the Russian Woodpecker plant of world
wide ELF transmissions.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

A lot of this will be publically funded. Most likely with the guys who pay 35,000 for a trip to space. So what's on the dark side of the moon?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Did I forget up add the photos of the other spaceports? I'm aware of them but like the US and Mexican ones best.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
oops Lunar Space Flight Path

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Maybe I'll reserve you and your family a 2 night stay at this Hotel??
You can let me know how the service is.

I prefer the Lunar Hilton myself...

Phase One: 3 Story 100 Room Underground - Began 1967 with Press release
Phase Two: 5,000 Room Luxury Hotel under Glass Dome
Drawings Complete March 1998 Peter Inston
Initial Investment for Phase Two: $300,000.00
Capacity in Final Phase: 5000 Beds
Support: A school, a hospital and a multi denominational church
Features: Sand beaches on artificial moon lakes, hotel internal water Recycling system
Final Phase Completion: 2050
Class: Luxury Hotel - Lunar Hilton Hotel
Price: Special offer for one week: $25,000 Euro (Transportation Extra)

www.thelivingmoon.com...

PHASE 1 1967

"Entrance to the Lunar Hilton will be on the surface of the moon, but most of the Hilton will be situated beneath the surface - say 20 to 30 feet - to establish constant temperature controls and a more workable hotel area. The experiments of [4] Surveyor Three seem to indicate that excavations on the moon are possible and that the moon soil might be used for construction. The Hilton will have three levels. At the bottom mechanical equipment will be housed. The center level will consist of two 400 foot guest corridors crossing in the middle core. These corridors will contain 100 guest rooms. The top level will be used for public space. Off the dining room we will place necessary machines and storage areas. To start with we will have only three floors, which will eliminate elevators and minimize power requirements. The multi-storied underground hotel will come later. But - and this is very important - in almost every respect the Lunar Hilton will be physically like an earth Hilton."

Barron Hilton, 1967, "Hotels in Space", Based on Preprint AAS 67-126, 1967 AAS Conference Proceedings.
www.spacefuture.com...

John Lear flew Barron Hilton at the time and was privy to the plans

Here is John in front of the Guest House at the Flying M Ranch owned by Barron Hilton, the same ranch that Steve Fossett left from when he disappeared

"Chairman of the US company Hilton Hotels, Barron Hilton (not Baron Hilton) at a space conference in 1967. The optimistic "Can do" spirit that existed in the US space industry in those days during the build-up to Apollo 11 is particularly notable. That discussion continued in the press for a few years, with senior NASA figures making speeches about the possibility of ordinary people being able to buy trips to space. But it faded away as the space shuttle project was begun and almost everyone waited, relying on that to reduce launch costs. The speech is made more notable by the announcement early in 1998 by Hilton International (a British company) of their plans for a "Lunar Hilton" - using water from the "polar ice" to make an artificial beach. "
Translated from:
www.heise.de...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's cool!

What about this one?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

A lot of this will be publically funded. Most likely with the guys who pay 35,000 for a trip to space.

Price tag for Virgin Galactic

Design: Unique Concept
Class: Sub orbital Apogee 330,000 feet
Reservations: Fill out Form HERE
Price: $200,000.00 per person Deposit $20,000.00

Price Tag for Rocketplane XP

Class: Sub orbital Apogee 330,000 feet
Reservations: 877.238.0057 or Fill out Form HERE
Price: $250,000.00 per person

Price Tag for 1o days on the Russian side of the ISS
$20,000,000.00

So what's on the dark side of the moon?

There is no dark side of the moon, but on Farside you will find LUNA base, completed 1962ish but that is military

They are doing some filming up there though

"Luna Corp. created several projects that engaged the public's interest in space, and that were aimed at enabling direct participation in space exploration. It was founded in 1989 and was dissolved in 2003 after working with NASA, the Russian space agency and commercial sponsors on visionary projects. The company's former president, David Gump, is now CEO of Transformational Space Corp.

Luna Corp. was the first company to successfully arrange for a television commercial to be shot on the International Space Station. Radio Shack aired its space station commercial starting on May 30, 2001, and bought additional network time leading up to Father's Day because it drew such a strong positive response from audiences. The following is the news release issued by Radio Shack and Luna Corp. announcing the event."

However the url has been taken over by a front company and you can no longer get the real data online
www.lunacorp.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Do you have a link to the data?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks Zorgon !

There is plenty of info there for me to pick over .

============================================

I wonder would open cast mining on the moon effect the amount of sunlight it reflects ,in turn possibly effecting organisms on Earth .

===========================================
Exciting times ....... indeed.

Just so long as McDonalds keep their golden arches out of my night sky.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Yes, there are only a few places in the US that are making the Spaceports.

I'm still wondering if they are bombing the moon for construction purposes?

A Space vacation, with a room with a view of earth would be facinating!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sorry about the Bee post. I was on 3 threads at the same time.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I was wondering about that

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Yes, there are only a few places in the US that are making the Spaceports.

I'm still wondering if they are bombing the moon for construction purposes?

A Space vacation, with a room with a view of earth would be facinating!

We are going to support space travel to the moon.

We didn't support the super sonic transport, again my possible break into
aviation and aerospace, in lieu of supporting, in an all too obvious manner,
the elite traveler. France did as they have rich Illuminati blood and now
with EU help suck at the tit of Microsoft with law suits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join