It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Recovery May be in the Stars, Aerospace Experts Say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Economic Recovery May be in the Stars, Aerospace Experts Say

www.infozine.com

Space experts fear that, 40 years after putting a man on the moon, the United States is now at risk of losing the modern space race, which could crush the country's chances of becoming the global leader in commercial space development. Jeff Bingham, senior adviser on space and aeronautics of the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, said NASA has created industries and economic vitality that have continually spun off into the private sector for the past 50 years.

"Everyone in this room knows that," Bingham said. "Why doesn't the American public know that?" A commerc
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theday.com
www.dailytech.com

[edit on 24-6-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What about Spaceports? theyre profitable. See images below.

Lockhead Martin won the contract on Orion Crew Module.

Does anyone want to sign up for a Space Vacation to help our failing Economy. What next. Mow I do wonder what’s going on the dark side of the moon. Are they bombing new space roads? Do we have 5 star Hotel accommodations? Rooms with a view? I figure we should drain our saving accounts to help bolster our economy. I figure if we all pitch in 20 bucks we could buy a bolt, for the cause. These spaceports look like UFO’s. Anyone have an idea of a possible ulterior motive for such a thing? Are
these the unidentified objects we’ve been seeing? I cant help but think of Alien involvement but I may be wrong. One thing for sure is there is something happening on the moon and I’m sure we’ll be the last to know. As for economic recovery. Maybe with the upcoming space travel for the public!
www.infozine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Construction footage of Virgin Galactic's first Spaceport!

www.youtube.com...

Mexican Spaceport

Why would they have it so highly camouflaged

Edit to add images and videos

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Tourism Forces Unite To Strengthen Funding Effort

New bureau 'seeking an investment for the state'
Mystic - Two of eastern Connecticut's leading tourist organizations on Tuesday unveiled a new entity - the Greater Mystic Visitors Bureau - whose mission is to strengthen the region's multibillion-dollar tourism industry and shore up state funding for the important economic sector. ”The goal and the mission in supporting the tourism industry in making this region one of the topmost 50 tourist destinations in the country (still) goes forward,” Riegel said. “We're tweaking the way we're doing it a lot because it's going to be tourism marketing experts that are determining how the tourism dollars get spent.”

www.theday.com...

Spaceport America Under Construction in New Mexico

Spaceport America is expected to begin sending tourists into space next year aboard Virgin Galactic flights

The Spaceport America location in New Mexico is now officially under construction, with New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson on hand at the event to discuss how historic space tourism launches from New Mexico will be for the state.

www.dailytech.com...

An artist's concept shows a view of the new spaceport under construction in New Mexico. It looks a bit like a UFO if you ask me!

spaceport under construction in New Mexico

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I could afford to take a space vacation as long as it costs less than twenty dollars. I wonder what that would buy me.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

That would buy you and a cheap date a ticket to watch Star Trek. That is about as much space travel as that budget will afford.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think if we dismantle NASA and sell off the parts to private industry and then spend annually about 10% of what was the NASA $17.318 billion budget investing in commercial space startups we would progress a lot further a lot faster than NASA ever could. They are just another bloated government program that pays off little while attracting talent that would achieve more in the private sector.

Split 1.7 billion by 10 and you have 170,000,000 for 10 new startups fully funded. I know some guys that would take $170,000,000 and get us to Mars with electric spacecraft launched from a near space lighter than air complex.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by UFOTECH]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Your 20 bucks might buy 1/4 of a nice cold cocktail?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Virgin Galactic has signed with the state of New Mexico to build the nation's first rocket plane spaceport for wealthy customers out of Earth's atmosphere.

Ones with little cash can ride in the luggage compartment..

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You could start your own Space Travel business.

Businessmen can't get enough of the International Space Station.

Despite a devastated economy, entrepreneur and software mogul Charles Simonyi is on his second trip to the International Space Station—a trip that's costing the co-founder of Intentional Software Corporation and former Microsoft exec a cool $35 million.

www.inc.com...

edit to add link

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'll spend my money on this when there is someplace to go. Current space tourism plans are like driving past the grand canyon. If I go into space I'm not coming back I'm moving there.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Maybe I'll reserve you and your family a 2 night stay at this Hotel??

You can let me know how the service is.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
New Mexico Spaceport

Wonder why they are pushing this now??? Von Braun suggested it could be the final card!! Aliens!?? Ground has been broken on the construction site ... see above video.

Weight-and-Balance Tests on the Orion PA-1 Crew Module

Mojave Air & Space Port

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Your 20 bucks might buy 1/4 of a nice cold cocktail?

Do you ever live in the wrong town

Why would they have it so highly camouflaged

"Nasa prepares to bomb the moon"

I mean NASA has bombed that part os Arizona before...

When they made the Apollo landing site..., you know, the one James Bond drove that moon buggy through?

Meh what do I know

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The discovery of abundant Helium 3 on the moon has scientists interested.

The isotope is extremely rare on Earth but abundant on the moon. Some experts estimate there a millions of tons in lunar soil -- and that a single Space-Shuttle load would power the entire United States for a year.

source

Helium 3 would be an ideal fuel for the Tonamack- Plasma Reactors , apparently this isotope would cause less wear and tear in the fusion chamber than the fuel currently used and would yield greater energy returns , with less radioactive waste.
I believe the reason it is abundant on the moon (est. at millions of tons) is because of the cosmic radiation bombarding its surface .

So do you let private citizens pave the way , with space ports and space flights , just like the wild west ...... with the miners hitching a ride in a space wagon.

The technology is still in its infancy , but such projects are measured in decades not years .

Russian space geologist Erik Galimov told the Russian Izvestia newspaper that NASA's plan to colonize the moon will "enable the U.S. to establish its control of the global energy market 20 years from now and put the rest of the world on its knees as hydrocarbons run out."

source

As yet i don`t see a means to transport a bulky material back to earth efficiently, but in the mean time the space faring nations of Earth - US/ Russia /China / E.U/ Japan / India may just be concerned with staking out their claim for now.

I`ll finish with the words of Harrison Schmitt Apollo 17 astronaut :

Schmitt told a Senate committee in 2003 that a return to the moon to stay would be comparable "to the movement of our species out of Africa."

The best way to pay for such a long-term mission, he said, would be to mine for lunar helium-3 and process it into a fuel for commercial fusion .

source

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Today I saw an image of a warship blown up by a drone craft. It looked similar to yours but was in color.

Are you sure they arent boming the moon for tourist travel? It would be quite explosive if the moon was hollow. Bye, Bye. Thaat's scary!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
As yet i don`t see a means to transport a bulky material back to earth efficiently,

Well I do...

Method of Delivering Lunar Generated Fluid
to Earth Orbit Using an External Tank
Publication number: US5092545
Publication date: 1992-03-03
Inventor: BUTTERFIELD ANSEL J (US); GOSLEE JOHN W (US)
Applicant: NASA (US)
www.thelivingmoon.com...

... but in the mean time the space faring nations of Earth - US/ Russia /China / E.U/ Japan / India may just be concerned with staking out their claim for now

Too late...

Who Owns Mineral Rights on the Moon?

I`ll finish with the words of Harrison Schmitt Apollo 17 astronaut :

Pop in here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Lets go and get the Helium 3 isotopes and forget blowing a hole in the moon to search for water. How crazy!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
A new Space Race.
Sure I'll show up.
My company lost out for the Space Shuttle.
Now where's my company.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

You may have luck finding another space company at the Roswell Festival on July 2nd?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

You may have luck finding another space company at the Roswell Festival on July 2nd?

At least there will be talk about the new Space Center.
Companies working on Government Projects are the best.
Never got into aerospace though.
Now I'm wondering if anything from Tesla will make a break through.
Some youngster wanted to power a car with static electricity.
I just happened on a circuit wonder if it can power the driving circuit.
If it goes over unity I can buy my own space center.
How many diodes rectify a high frequency wave?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join