It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by keeb333
Interesting post. I just have one question:
How do you get to 666 from MDCCLXXVI?
the sum of which is 1776. I'm a bit confused about the 666 bit. Could you please elaborate?
The Roman numeral representation of the number 666 (DCLXVI) uses once each the Roman numeral symbols with values under 1,000, occurring in descending order of their respective values (D = 500, C = 100, L = 50, X = 10, V = 5, I = 1).
666 is a member of the Indices of prime Padovan sequence, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 14, 19, 30, 37, 84, 128, 469, 666, 1262, 1573, 2003, 2210, ... (sequence A112882 in OEIS).
1. The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
2. Common sense; good judgment: “It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things” (Henry David Thoreau).
1. The sum of learning through the ages; knowledge: “In those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generations” (Maya Angelou).
2. Wise teachings of the ancient sages.
4. A wise outlook, plan, or course of action.
Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by badmedia
The number 666 is not of great significance as the synchrinocities of historical events going on here. I mentioned it as kind of a side note. There are alot of things going on in the world now.
I don't think the number 666 is going to be of any relavance until we have it in the form of a currency. The global takeover is happening now.