It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times Blog: UFO Believers "Trolls"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
bits.blogs.nytimes.com...-12561

Another blog from Saul Hansell...

"I wrote in Tuesday’s Times about how an brainstorming session about open government on the White House Web site attracted vocal comments from people calling for exposure of records on U.F.O’s, legalization of marijuana and an investigation into alleged defects in the president’s birth certificate."

"But even if most participants accept the serious mission of a government site, what to do about those blowhards and showoffs who do show up, not to mention those who simply have a sincere belief in some view (say the existence of U.F.O.’s) not held by the vast majority of other participants?"

*Not held by the vast majority of other participants? The last time I checked the most recent major polls, the majority of Americans DO believe there's a UFO cover up and they DO believe ETs have visited Earth. And where does this guy come off calling UFO researchers and believers "trolls"?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
well I posted a comment to them

is.gd...

Not sure if it will be approved by their comment police.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
it's a blog, it's an opinion. opinions are like arseholes, we all have one. who cares.

weather or not MJ legalisation, aliens and birth certs are deemed worthy by the establishment, if they keep popping up they'll have to take account of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It's kind of a backwards logic that the most uninformed fools garner positions of influence within such institutions as the MSM/Press. It's sad that majority of the population are mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed on [snip]! I guess if this guy spouts so much poop, would it be fair play to call him an [snip]?

IRM

[edit on 24/6/09 by InfaRedMan]

Mod Edit: Please Do Not Evade Automatic Censors

[edit on 6-24-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's kind of a backwards logic that the most uninformed fools garner positions of influence within such institutions as the MSM/Press.

it used to be the case that a newspaper was torn into squares and hung on a nail in the outhouse for hygienic purposes. consequently, people often ended up with newsprint between their cheeks.

these days people use newspapers as a way to be informed and to find out what's going on in the world, consequently they often end up with s**t between their ears.

i think they had it right the first time.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

it used to be the case that a newspaper was torn into squares and hung on a nail in the outhouse for hygienic purposes. consequently, people often ended up with newsprint between their cheeks.

these days people use newspapers as a way to be informed and to find out what's going on in the world, consequently they often end up with s**t between their ears.

i think they had it right the first time.

Awesomely said! Star for you.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
And where does this guy come off calling UFO researchers and believers "trolls"?

The NY Times has a long history of downplaying UFOs.

new topics

top topics

join