It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pensioners 'kidnap and torture' financial adviser"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Something I have to point out is that in terms and conditions of any financial investment contract, you'll see the words:

"The value of your investment can go down, as well as up"

If you can't afford the risk of losing your capital, don't invest...it comes down to greed and the desire to make a quick and easy profit, simple as that. Blaming and assaulting others when the quick-buck-plan doesn't work out is no excuse

[edit on 25-6-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Good points!

I certainly don't condone assaulting advisers when you don't like the results. But I can at least be amused...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by Kaytagg

Well, you know what? I tried to tell my grandparents early last year in February or so, that things were going to hell and that they should take action to secure their money. But they are of the Greatest Generation, a generation characterized by hard work, honor and commitment. They trusted their investment adviser and projected their own values and morals on to him.

Unfortunately they were very wrong because, you see, he is just part of a corrupt system that has become, essentially, sanctioned gambling. It wasn't like that when they first started putting their savings in the stock market but that is what is has become.

I wrote a reply, here

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Kaytagg

Those old farts should be thrown in jail for the rest of their lives. I'm glad they lost their money if this is how they fix their problems.

What your seeing is desperate measures from desperate people who have probably, at their stage of life, lost everything. And the thing that probably stings the most and pushed them over the edge into this action was the fact that they have no legal recourse under a rigged system whatsoever.

In essence, as good citizens, they are expected to grin and bare it while said financial institutions continue to flourish and make money hand over fist with their deceptions upon vulnerable people into the foreseeable future...

Just my take on things. Not everything is black and white!

IRM

Correct me if I am wrong.

These "pensioners" have a choice in deciding to whether or not put their money in someone else's hands to invest it - with the risk of losing it.

Is that correct?

Or, in terms that many people today could understand.

"Give me your money and I will make it grow...there is a .1% chance that it will disappear at the moment, but that rate may fluctuate. Sign here."

They lose their money and beat the crap out of this guy for something "he" has no control over.

Didn't this all start when Bush and the banks made it so anyone can get loans for houses and such?

I have also heard things about Clinton robbing SS but I do not know much about that.

Now we have Obama putting us further into debt.

In terms of complications, the economy is right under the universe

top topics

<< 1   >>

join