It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to wipe USA off the map

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i haven't read all the posts, so am gonna start abruptly

North Korea
if they did attempt to attack USA, do they have any idea of hw much # will be unleashed upon them.
America, unlike North Korea have allies.
No one likes North Korea, the whole world will be on their side.

There will be nothing left of North Korea if they even attempted to attack them.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by jerico65

Look... seriously. If you cant see in what a pool of mess and in what HUGE problem you are on atm, you're crazy. You got threats from NK, Russia, China, Iran... You got troops scattered all over the world in no so "comfortable" situations... what you think you are? Rambo? If the *brown thing* hits the fan you are in really REALLY deep *brown thing*.

If you cant see that you're screwed if that thing blows up, you are blind. If you think the US can face all 4 together you are in need of psychiatric attention.

And for that South Korean guys... listen, NK has the power to obliterate South Korea in about 2 hours with chemicals only.

Wake up and start packing cause if it happens it wont be pretty John Wayne!

(and btw... its not ration, it "ratio", and "ratio" doesnt mean anything... they died more and still won the war... )

Why do you think that the US would be going it alone, NATO automatically is obligated to retaliate to any attack on any member state as a group. Russia, China and the small group of countries in the BRIC won't hold a candle to us if the proverbial s*&t hits the fan. NATO could move 2 -5 million troops into anywhere with relative ease in a short period of time. If NK does attack SK and it's my belief they will, they would last about 2 days total, that is it. Not that they would not be effective in those two days they would kill alot of people before it was over.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This has to be the most paranoid little country in the world, and the leader is like a little bully spoiling for a fight. Scared and foaming at the mouth.

In the event any of this is true, they will be biting off far more than they can chew.

I wonder, if along with his inferiority complex, he has the "little man
syndrome" or nepoleonic complex. In any event he is very grandiose and self-inflated. In other words....very dangerous. I know that's no "newsflash" to anyone around here.

As awful as this sounds...to say this....and please forgive me it's so horrible.... But if the U.S. ever actually perceives a serious, catastrophic
threat/event from this man.........I doubt if they would even commense a ground war.

It would be very bad.

edited for punctuation.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoTheShepard
i haven't read all the posts, so am gonna start abruptly

North Korea
if they did attempt to attack USA, do they have any idea of hw much # will be unleashed upon them.
America, unlike North Korea have allies.
No one likes North Korea, the whole world will be on their side.

There will be nothing left of North Korea if they even attempted to attack them.

I'm not sure though how China would react. I don't trust China...sure they have tasted the fruits of capitalism...but they are still a communist state that rules with an iron hand. We owe China a lot of money who knows what would go through their heads if and I say if...nuc's were to start flying. And besides..I say this reluctantly...I don't really know how much we can depend on some of our allies. Great Britain you can count on but..
France...Germany...even Canada...who knows. The world has grown smaller yet farther apart in the past years. I think considering the 'old'
facts may be a mistake.

I'm not saying be scared o NK...I'm saying when you start lobbing nucs. idealogy's will change...friends may change.

best regards,
seax125

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Too many people take the media's word as fact.

Case in point, Kim has 6 nukes.... How can we be sure? Oh that's right, the media said so... must be true. You say they even cited the source? The US Government you say? mm hm.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seax125

Take heart that i truly believe the UK and USA will stand side by side.

We may not agree on everything, but we're solid.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Originally posted by bakednutz
They have some bombs but they have no way of getting them here to the mainland. There comments are totally pointless.

No you're right I guess there is no way to smuggle in a suit case nuke or chem/bio weapons when we have such a porous border to the south of us. Let's face it America is a sitting duck with the way things are. NK may pose no threat conventionally but it's very scary to think of them selling nukes or chem/bio weapons to terrorists. Or sneaking stuff in themselves. Not all crazy people are stupid. Remember that.

Just thought id point out there current nukes are the size of tractor trailer not exactly lets sneak this in to the country kinda thing. And would leak so much radiation could instantly be tracked so id say don't worry they might be able to smuggle drugs but id say nuclear bomb were safe.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

The US have ONE assured ally... the UK. The rest... who knows? NATO doesnt blackmail anyone or force countries to enter wars. France is nato, went in peace keeping for instance. Germany logistic support, peace keeping, Portugal, peace keeping, Spain - active, then some died, retired, peace keeping, same for italy, just to name a few...

Look if you really believe that you'll have a lot of allies in case of a serious nuclear war, you're wrong. The minute you see nukes falling is the minute alliances will shatter cause noone wants a nuke in their back yard. "Sure its bad but... better on theirs than on mine". (it will prolly end the UN also)

By that time will be every man for themselves until some safe move (or interest driven move - like the US in WW2 who started a golden age by getting paid to reconstruct europe) allows for someone to interefere and end or aid in the conflict.

Alliances... I dont trust any country when theres a possibility of that country facing total destruction. No one will risk their country for the US. Plus... Europe and the euro have more to gain in not participating. Sure there will be a economical collapse BUT in the long term is way better... dollar coming straight down, the GBP taking a major hit, and... every major transaction changing to euros and the Euro prolly becoming the strongest currency in the world.

Your "allies" will watch on tv and make beautiful speeches and condolences and crap... but they wont raise a finger unless its in form of humanitarian help. For instance... Do you actually see Germany helping the US?
They own the euro, they own european market, they own europe itself like the Fuhrer tried 60 years ago... I dont see any reason for them to risk all that for... the US. Specially the US.

And this is just guessing because IF great britain gets hit by any kind of mass destruction attack, then you can bet your own life that europe WILL NOT intervene. that close to home, theres no country in europe that will risk a nuclear conflict or being placed in the target list of all the loons in the world... let the US and GB be that target.

Allies in time of peace, sure
you can count on europe.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Why transport it there as a whole? Why not transport piece by piece and assemble it there? It would be a much more intelligent move... you can have a freakin Tsar Bomba under your lawn and you dont know about it.

As for size... "current nukes are about the size of a truck" well...

This is a truck... this is actually the 50Mt Tsar... now considering that its not that big and considering its power... you dont think you can conseal something half the size of that? Or even that bomb?

Your total confidence scares me.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Doesn't matter the ripple effect isn't "Oh look U.S. is gone the Euro wins". No it would be a complete annihilation of societ as a whole.

NATO = S#it hits the fan for any member theres going be a million+ troops on your doorstep.
The problem is the casualties and absoloute chaos that will be unleashed from the sheer disastor of nuclear bombs.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by korath
You never know. China and Russia could be just waiting in the wings hoping one of these rouge nations lands a sucker punch on the U.S. A Successful EMP attack could open the door for them.

Agreed. A single EMP strike with a nuclear warhead exploding in the atmosphere could wipe the US off the map just as effectively as a whole arsenal of weapons.They don't need to land a warhead on the country as such, a single EMP burst is likely to reduce the country to chaos within 24 hours as communications go down, electricity grids shut down, any vehicle with electronic ignition fails to start and anyone dependent on transport, technology and power will wonder where their next meal and drink of water is going to come from.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
China has been increasingly hostile towards the U.S. over the past months, come to think of it so has Russia. Remember that little incident in the south China sea? Also the U.S. and Chinese military stopped speaking to each other back in October. China is acting extremely shady the past year, no one seems to notice it by I sense a plot against both the U.S. and Israel, to wipe them off the map as put so eloquently.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangotemper

Agreed. A single EMP strike with a nuclear warhead exploding in the atmosphere could wipe the US off the map just as effectively as a whole arsenal of weapons.

EMP weapons have been known since at least 1950, and it always amazes me that people presume that the US, Russia, etc. Doesn't have some type of defense against it. If you have had over 50 years of research and developing in EMP weapons, you would think you would attempt to figure out how to defend against it?

[edit on 26-6-2009 by msnevil]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't think Obama will start another war, he's to busy trying to design the "Great Society" number 2.And I think a war with N Korea would derail the process.

Of course, on the opposite side of the coin. A war would allow more draconian laws to be introduced for the "good of society" and "for the children".

Of course, its political opportunist vrs old senile crazy guy. So who knows what will happen? (Side note: Is this a synchronicity of historical events. The first Obama vrs McCain, the 2nd Obama vrs Kim jong-ill)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
If kimmy really wants a fight he should start with his hairdresser.If he doesnt get his prissy ass kicked then come back and make more threas against the worlds most lethal military machine.Someone should send him those precision bomb drop videos from the desert storms.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by seax125

Take heart that i truly believe the UK and USA will stand side by side.

We may not agree on everything, but we're solid.

No doubt in my mind Mr. Lizard, and as stated in post previously...when Nucs start flying..if they should...relations will change with some of our so called 'new found friends' Russia...China. China has been...as been stated previously above... increasingly hostile towards us lately and even Russia has made threats concerning deployment of defensive missiles.

The US has a problem with it's foreign policy in that we like to think eveyone has the same values and 'think' as we do. the Chinese don't nor the Russians. At this point in time we need to walk quiet but carry a big stick until Capitalism prevails...completlely in China...with a change in government. Right now...my humble opinion says a time bomb is ticking and we need to rely on our smarts instead of going off half cocked. I'm afraid Mr. Obama can't handle it...but he was elected and it's his job. Let's see what happens when we are called out to play.

best regards,
seax125

[edit on 6/26/2009 by seax125]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seax125

Whats happening is the super powers are trying to secure there spheres of influence and don't like it when other super powers get to close. China wants to dominate Asia of course obviously doesn't like Russia or USA snooping in there back yard.Russia wants eastern Europe. And the USA would like ours to be middle east and south America. In this game none of the superpowers like the others in there turf.

That being said none of the superpowers want war with the other they all know it would be suicide. I will say there is much more likely hood of china attacking Russia than them attacking the United states. China needs the US as much as we need them and they know it! So all the fear mongering about what china would do if push came to shove China would reluctantly back the United States. People really dont realize but China can be considered an ally in that alot of there interest and money is tied to the United States.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by seax125

Whats happening is the super powers are trying to secure there spheres of influence and don't like it when other super powers get to close. China wants to dominate Asia of course obviously doesn't like Russia or USA snooping in there back yard.Russia wants eastern Europe. And the USA would like ours to be middle east and south America. In this game none of the superpowers like the others in there turf.

That being said none of the superpowers want war with the other they all know it would be suicide. I will say there is much more likely hood of china attacking Russia than them attacking the United states. China needs the US as much as we need them and they know it! So all the fear mongering about what china would do if push came to shove China would reluctantly back the United States. People really dont realize but China can be considered an ally in that alot of there interest and money is tied to the United States.

Hello dragonrider,

I hope you're right. I have considered the same...but what bothers me...in reason as a business standpoint you and I understand that because we are seasoned capitalist. The Chinese are enjoying capitalism now...but the old guard is still in charge in China. These folks don't look at money like the West does or you and I..they have welded power over their country now since WWII and if you are in charge you don't need money.. the average person in China yes... but the party looks at things different. I don't think they would start a war...but who knows what they would do if they saw a chance to jump on a 'disabled' adversary that has plenty of resources and people to make use of the resources.

Our 'allies' in Europe worry about the Chinese with their 200,000,000 man army just walking in their borders...while we are separted from China by by 2 oceans..which is one reason I feel our 'friends' may get cold feet.

Your reasoning I can agree with and is a valid argument. I just feel sometimes we expect everyone to think like we do and I think it is a mistake. I would hope your scenerio is correct and mine wrong. I appreciate your response and it is certainly another dimension to a problem that I hope never comes up.

best regards,
seax

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You are the kind of american that actually amuses me.

Happy to oblige... I have to say this is a mutual feeling, there fraternitas...

So you've been to downtown berlin have you? And won? Are you crazy?

wow, so if you cant understand context, I dont know how to respond to you...???

I f I said we have been to the moon would you think that I have actually been to the moon?? Theres that amusement again...

And by "you" I mean the "allies"

well, now that we have that cleared up...

Its a level you cannot reach and you werent and still are NOT prepared to face.

Ahhh man, I love it when internet jockeys try to dictate what others whom they have no idea about can and cant do...especially when they are magic geeks....

Laos! Result was clear north vietnamese victory... now care to explain WHERE were you so good in Vietnam cause I kinda fail to understand considering the outcome of that war.

Your obvious discontent for America is somewhat justified when it comes to its past 75 years of war and sticking our noses in international affairs, but because of your bias it is clear you suffer from a form of dimentia...or in other words you dont know your a** from a whole in the ground.

As much as I am displeased and saddened that our leaders have taken the youth of America for the last 50+ years and used them to fight unjustified wars on foreign ground, every history book and every nation on earth knows the outcome of a battle with with the U.S. military. Since WW2 it is very difficult to find a scenario or battle we (and in case you cant understand, I mean the U.S. military
)have lost. Be it sea, land or air, Americas military prowess has been undeniable. You may not like it, and you may try to beat around the bush, but there has never been, nor will there ever be a military so complete and so dominate as ours. That fact is due to multiple advantages America possesses over every other nation on earth.

To do this quickly , Ill try to lay a few of them out here for your feeble brain.

First, America being its own continent (practically, btw..do yo uunderstand this word?...practically?) has its own self sustainig resources, economically and technologically. Therefore, if needed it could produce as much as needed of whatever it needed to win any war at a very quick pace. Second, because of its proximity to "enemies" (that being surrounded by oceans on both sides from any enemy), and our history in world affairs (e.g. WW1 & 2) we have had the luxury of building a military at any pace and size desired or required with almost no outside interference or threat. Basically, we have been able to develop at will whatever we wanted. My argument here, is not that this is a good thing, but this is fact. And since you are so determined to get in a pissing contest, hence the reason I bring this up. Not for arrogance, or ego or "god-like" mentality that you accuse me of. And I think it is pretty obvious to anyone reading my posts these qualities are not contained within, nor do I give off that kind of impression. But personally I could give a crap what someone like you thinks.

Thirdly, and most importantly because of those advantages stated above (amongst others), and because of our economic might for the last 150 years, America has been the leader in military spending and technology (unfortunately) giving us the most sophisticated, intelligent and efficient miltary the world has ever scene. Period.

now if you really know your history NOONE won the war in korea...

I didnt say we won the war. I said we practically won the war, and that is the truth. There are many websites with outlines of the Korean war on the internet. Do yourself a favor and look one up. Maybe you will get a real picture, ad not a self diluted load of crap that you seem to be full of.

Still... you dont want to compare the power of 50s NK with 2009 NK do you?

Again, N. Koreas "power" is irrelevant. I will state this boldly and matter of factly, because it is the truth. The U.S. Navy, alone, in its full capacity could take out 75-90% of all of N. koreas military. Before one boot hit the ground, I guarantee you half of N. Koreas military would either surrender or be annihilated, and the other half would probably starve to death with no outside help from China. I know this erks you to hear something like that, but that is just too bad. And to be honest it is not something I puff my chest about or are particularly anamored with when it comes to my country. But because I was actually in the military, and I am a student of history it is plainly obvious that this is the truth, no matter how much you wish or any other country wishes it not so.

go read what they've done quietly while you fought stupid wars all these years and you'll be amazed and scared.

stupid wars. yes. amazed. not so much. blame them? not at all. scared...not in the slightest.

(yes go watch the documentary)

Ahaaah!...now we are getting down to it...I see now where you are getting your skewed information from!..haha
..the magic nerd that watches documentaries on the internet.

Listen son. Just tryin to give you a shove in the right direction here. Getting all your information from the interent is a bad idea. Most of these "documentaries" are seriously skewed and are major propoganda.

While some of what you said is true, most of it is...well... non-sense.

man you have a weird vision of the US.

My "vision" of the U.S. is a realist one. I don't believe we should be in any foreign country that did not attack us. I never indicated anything to the contrary. Your whole assumption that Im some midwestern cowboy that likes to thump my chest and scream yeeehaw!..Americas the greatest country in the world is all based on your assumption, and not on what I wrote. And your assumption couldnt be farther from the truth.

Your post, in my humble opinion, is complete bunk. The only other thing I can say is you should take a dose of your own medicine by taking a nice big slice of that humble pie your trying to preach about.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I find it funny when people state that China is some sort of super power holding us back.

The Chinese economy is smaller than that of California, in addition the Chinese Yuan is artificially propped up by the government...

China and Russia are not friends, during the cold war, it was expected that if Russia attacked the US, China would turn its million man army on the USSR.

Anyways.

When I was in the Air Force, I was a forward deployed combat controller in Operation Allied Force. Have you seen behind enemy lines, yea thats the one.

Anyhoo...

The United States Air Force will have air superiority over North Korea within 76 hours, this does not take into account the estimated 50% defection rate to of NK pilots. It is also expected that Kim and his leadership will die within 48.

NK would not be another Iraq, it would be a conventional war that would be over within 90 days. Funding for this war is always included with every budget bill. While the Pentagon does use a lot of money, certain line items are always in surplus.

When the US military operates at full capacity, energy prices go up. This is a direct benefit to Russia. Reconstruction materials come from China. Both these countries win.

The Mig 29, North Korea's latest fighter, they have 20 of them. Thats on par with our F-16, of which we have over 2,000. Then there are our F-22's, F-15 Slam Eagles, F-15 Eagles, F-18 Super Hornets... about 12,000 attack aircraft.

Also, as for America being broke.. lol what? No, we are never broke. Just one of our Aircraft Carriers could take down Russia or China. The dollar is worth a dollar because our military reinforces that fact. Even if China or Russia wanted to replace the US dollar as a trading currency, they'd have to fire up the printing presses and keep them running for 20 years to create enough notes to do so - inflating the currency of the respective nation in the process.

If Kim fires his rocket at Hawaii, that is the end of his government. No if's ands or buts. Its game over for him.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by crisko]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join