It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija boards dangerous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As a teenager I used to dabble with Ouija boards I often had contact with entitys or spirits I think these experiences changed me forever .Does anybody out there have comments?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I didn't use them for two reasons:
1. Collective Dellusion: You and your freinds or family will collectively believe that spirits, not another person or more than one person, moved the piece.
2. Fear: Being uh, scared?

I will say no more.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Actually, I used to do it with my mother as a teenager.. we always thought the other was moving it. See how much we trusted each other. I know I did not move it, my mothers says she did not either. I tried it by myself, but it never moved. so, the jury is still out with me, but it is fascinating huh?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think it depends. Most of the time it is probably just you or one of the other people are moving it, but if actually does end up contacting a spirit then you might be in trouble. However, I don't think the plastic ones work as well as a home made one would.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have taken part in Ouija boards where everybody involved was very frightened there are certain things which happened every time we did a ouija board.Whichever finger was held against the glass was always ice cold afterwards -We were always careful to touch the glass very lightly .If anyone was pushing the glass it would be virtually impossible for them to pull the glass with one finger lightly resting on the glass because the letters were arranged in a circle it is impossible for one person to direct the glass in so many directions.Also I have taken part in a ouija board when somebody was pushing the glass it was not moving smoothly across the table and kept flipping up. I have evidence that this phenomenon is more than just fear or trickery

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What's the evidence? Did you make a tape or something?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here's the evidence-While doing a ouija board at my girlfriends house (in 1984) we contacted a spirit whose name was Shakespear being a smart-ass I said "Is your name William Shakespear " -straight away the answer was NO-my name is John Shakespear ,anyway about a week later i was reading my local paper when for no good reason I looked at Births ,Marraiges and Deaths and to my horror there was an "In memorium" of a young man who had died in a car crash one year earlier-His name?-John Shakespear

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
freakin' freaky freakin' waves of goosebumps, kept poppin' up when i was re-readin' the posts pisky posted.

ouija boards are DANE-JEW-RUSS!

oh what the hell; it can't hurt to dance with the devil every once in a while. can it? or maybe your just dancin' with another devil in a plane that one day you will obtain. me, myself, and i , trice, will now leave the particle board alone for a while! i don't think that there is any reason to take the express train, because your not gonna get a good look at the wildflowers.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
When I was a young teen some goth chick I new had a Ouija board. We played with it and it magically instructed her to get naked, gotta love the Ouija board!

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I often hear about things that happen to people who use Ouiji boards. Everytime I've played to no avail, nothing extrodinary, nothing freaky. It's hard for me to believe it. But then I am also waiting for concrete evidence on Alien existence,

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Ive tempted fate a couple of times...and played with a uoiji...the home made ones SEAM to be much more powerfull than the store bought ones
Ive since learned to bless any 'Spiritual' undertakings with WHITE LIGHT....and when that is done to the ouiji it NEVER works....so I truly believe they are tools of DARKNESS only....even in fun, they are DARK.....once I realised this, I tried to throw my store bought one away....but it did not want to leave!!! YIKES!
First: a neighboor pulled it OUT of the trash and brought it back to my door!( "oh look what you accidentally threw out!") Second: the Trash man came to the door bringing it back!......(he refused to haul it).......Third: I put it in my car so I could toss it miles away, and when I got there it was gone.......and I found it in the house in the closet, a couple of days later! YIKES!
I was finally rid of the NASTY thing by giving it away to a person who asked for it after relating this delema to them......I GLADLY let them have it but warned them it was DARK........but it was happy to leave with them....(good riddence to bad rubbish I say)...........plus I never saw that person ever again.......hmmmmmm

In conclusion, I personally think they are awfull things!
~~~~ewwww shudder!~~~~~

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by imhotep
Here's the evidence-While doing a ouija board at my girlfriends house (in 1984) we contacted a spirit whose name was Shakespear being a smart-ass I said "Is your name William Shakespear " -straight away the answer was NO-my name is John Shakespear ,anyway about a week later i was reading my local paper when for no good reason I looked at Births ,Marraiges and Deaths and to my horror there was an "In memorium" of a young man who had died in a car crash one year earlier-His name?-John Shakespear

Sorry, but I think it could be possible that someone subconciously remembered that event and basically moved the plastic thing themselves. I'm not discrediting you or Ouijia boards, but I think there needs to be more scientific proof that somehow that they do aid in the communication of spirits. I don't know, maybe I'm skeptical because I've never experienced it and I'm in a bit of a bad mood today.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
dangerous? HA! they're hilarious! i ask the most offensive questions to the spirits and wow...if anybody tells you that spirits cant feel rage, they're lying!

it's like a prank phone call only better!

top topics

join