It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the New equator, video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I don't think there are too many geologists who doubt there have been pole shifts in the past (the evidence is overwhelming that pole shifts have occurred -- and I bet they will occur again sometime in the future). Magnetic poles may move (in fact they have been moving ever since we first started measuring their location), but is not the same as saying the Earth's rotation would change.

Brooks Agnew said in the video above that a shifting magnetic pole means the Sun will rise in a different location. That doesn't make any sense. The magnetic poles are not even in the same location as the geographic poles (and the geographic poles are the location of the axis of spin), so I have no idea what difference the location of the magnetic pole would make to the spin of the Earth.

In fact, the magnetic poles have already moved, but they haven't affected the spin of the Earth.

Just because we had pole shifts in the past doesn't mean we will necessarily have one in 2012. I suppose it's possible, but I need more evidence other than "well, it's happened before".

...and Brooks Agnew may be technically a physicist, but that doesn't mean that his theories are right. By the way, Brooks Agnew also believes in the Hollow Earth Hypothesis.

The video above may make him out to be respected in the field of geology and/or astrophysics, but in reality he is not respected among his scientific peers.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

What are you doing ??
I dont care if any of these people make small errors, dosnt matter...
If you have more solid explainations and theories, I be glad to listen, but do not tell me the lies you got in school, it is all lies, a cover so that you and I will understand that life on earth isnt safe ffor 50 billion years at a time ,
you see. humans have been here for some 1000 years, and On and Off, gets wiped out and some one puts it back to gether in an amazing way ..

[edit on 24-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

...a cover so that you and I will understand that life on earth isnt safe ffor 50 billion years at a time...

"50 billion years"?? Dude, the entire Universe isn't that old!!!

...you see. humans have been here for some 1000 years, and On and Off, gets wiped out...

So, we were all 'wiped out' 1,000 years ago? Wow...

I'm sorry, but your claims just aren't remotely accurate. As to that video...I watched part one. Would you like me to point out all of the inconsistencies? Especially from the man "interviewing" the great physicist! Neither one of them could keep their story straight, and it was just suggestion and innuendo with no basis in reality, let alone real science.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Im not that good in english , so 1000's of years ..

not one thousand , some thousands of years, my bad..

And I know the univers only is 16.4 billion years, the TUN calender clearly state that, who ever was here at the time of the big boom , I can only imagine, but yet, it ends october 28th 2011.
So if it is correct about the start of the univers, why shouldnt it be correct about the end ? Some one is watching from out side this univers...

And the poles have shifted before, more than once, same goes for other planets in our solar system.

Scientists think solarsystems are mostly binary systems, so why would ours be ? what makes Sol go up and down thru the galactic plane ?
Surly our sun dont orbit it self, now place anothe large bodie in the equation, and you have a sun that, or more like two suns orbiting each other and would account for the reasen to our sun going up and down in the sweet little eOort cloud..

Or it is the gravity pull of the band at the rim of the millkyway that draws stars TO IT and it bounces up due to the 'spin' and get sucked down again et cetera etc. Would also count for the e.l.e. cycly of 26.000 years.

Maybe inbetween, at 13.000 year cycle we run into some other dudes, that starts the planet up again ... Whomp, just some rant , but some thing is going in cycles here in the solar system , not just on Earth..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well, if you cling to the science that is inside the 'norm', youll never learn any thing new.

I see what he say as good possibilities, and he never claims to be an expert or that he is right...

Maybe you should pay more attention to what he is saying..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You are right -- we should not always stick to the "normal mainstream science".

However, not all "outside the norm" science is good science. Some of it is junk science that can be dis-proved through careful observation. There is no data that says our planet's rotation has ever changed direction, nor is there any indication that it will do it soon.

As I said, there is proof that pole shifts and magnetic pole reversals have occurred in Earth's past history, but those past pole reversals did NOT change the rotation direction of the planet, nor did they ever cause the Earth's tilt to change.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok,

I'll say up front that I can't buy the scenario of that huge of a rotational shift being caused by a magnetic shift. But I basis that on physics and data.

While the data is evident that there have been magnetic shifts, which I will differentiate from polar shifts; the events of such shifts take place over a 'geological time frame'.

So yes I know there is data that say magnetic shifts happen, its documented in studies of the sea floor where new crustal formation takes place/has occurred. It's a fact if you will. So yes I can say these shifts happen, as it is a geological fact.

However there is no concrete evidence saying that such shifts can take place in such a microscopic geological time frame as 3 years. 1000-10000 of years is a bare blip in the geologic time frame of the planet's existence, so any 'sudden' magnetic shifts in all truth could span thousands of years if not longer.

Then there is momentum. The Earth spins and if you will excuse a poor analogy, it's much like gyroscope. While a gyroscope is spinning it's very hard to tilt over. Since there is no real resistance to the Earth spinning in space, there is nothing to stop this gyroscopic action.

And before anyone says 'but the Earth wobbles,' I'd point out the fact that the Earth is part of a 'solar system' and there are gravitic shifts caused by the other planets positions and how they effect the Sun. It's all one big system folks, its all interconnected. So yes the Earth 'wobbles' but with the gyroscopic momentum and inertia that it carries, it is not enough to cause any real 'world ending' effect.

No offense to everyone who wants to believe the Earth is going to get a catastrophic flip, but seriously; even if the magnetic poles swap, it's not going to have a real 'immediate' catastrophic effect on the Earth rotation or its axis. The rotation of the Earth can't be just 'pushed over' like that, as it violates way to many laws of physics to just 'happen on its own.'

Could the Earth's rotation change enough to turn Texas into a jungle? Sure, could it do it in under three years? Only if a big fracking rock hits the planet in such a way to change it's rotation. If that happens we won't survive it but the 'big fracking rock' would be patently obvious to first the astronomers, then the general public when it comes.

Geological evidence says yes the Earth's magnetic poles have shifted, but it has always happened on a geological time frame. Which is to say while it appears to be in an instant, it -really- occurs over a long time frame. Much longer than say three years, much more like thousands of year. So yes magnetic poles shift, but the evidence says it doesn't end the world or change the sea beds (where the magnetic shifts are recorded in the plate tectonics,) in such a manner to suggest that it has ever moved the oceans positions so radically.

Ok, so we can pretty much rule out a rotational shift occurring from such a magnetic shift. Can we see a change if how the magneto-sphere protects us, it is possible, but then we are still looking at a geological time frame. So we would be looking at an infinitesimally slow change in where the magneto-sphere is weaker or stronger and it's position relative to the Earth.

As to if there will be a 'soft spot' in the magneto-sphere due to the magnetic poles shifting, no there will not be such an event.

This is easily demonstrated thus:

If you place a bar magnet in your fist, with the 'north' of it pointing up, and then rotate your fist until the magnetic 'north' is pointed down, at no point does the 'north' or 'south' of the magnet cancel each other out. This remains true no matter how fast or slow you change it's position.

Also if you try to change the magnetic poles in an electromagnet you first have to turn off the power to do so, completely dissipate the magnetic 'charge/field', and then change the polarity of the voltage/current flow. Something of which can not happen with the Earth as it's core, rotation and a host of other forces at work can -not- be 'instantly stopped' or 'turned off'. There are so many forces at work that it becomes such an impossibility that you would need the fictional improbability generator and an ocean of tea to make it happen. (RIP Douglas Adams.)

So no, with out an externally applied change to those systems, there is no way the magnetic shifts will cancel out the magneto-sphere and let us get baked.

Can a magnetic shift cause a 'end of the world', flood the continents, cause us to get baked from solar radiation, no. Can it cause problems, yes, if an only if it can occur in an 'real time instant' (say with in 24 hours or less.) And then it's only going to cause problems with navigation systems that functions on / relies on input from a magnetic source.

Frankly I suspect your car's GPS would not even notice, but your dash board compass might freak you out.

Simply put, the physics simply say this potential end of the world / global change can not happen WITHOUT an external cause. Instantaneously or even in three years.

Can it happen, in a geological time frame possibly, and then I mean within thousands if not millions of years? Yes. In that time frame it's possible, maybe even likely, but it will not effect us as humanity. Basically because the changes would not be so sudden humanity would not be able to migrate/shift population centers/adapt.

But we won't see it in our life times with out something to make it happen. Like a big rock, comet etc. But then the Earth likely would not survive such a collision, it would not be an extinction level event, it would be an a world destroying event. The Earth would likely be reduced to fragments and and asteroid belt would form as the sudden changes would shred the planet.

The laws of physics pretty much blow this scenario out of the water.

So rest calmly tonight, as there are plenty of other ways the civilization can end, but this one I'd have to slap the [BUSTED] tag on.

M.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I find all this 2012 nonsense quite amazing. People talk and write about this as if it's a done deal! First aliens are coming, then we're all going to be wiped out by swine flu and now, those who survive, will have to live in a changed world. . .

Scare mongering at it's worst.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And to think all along I thought the movie was being made to make millions of dollars.

It's official. Youtube has a big enough following who believe in it's credibility that it is now one of the worlds major religions. Youtubinians and their crazy beliefs.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by spinalremain]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Maybe you will find this completely crazy....

But...I will share this information I ran across a little while back that I found very interesting...

It is from FreemanTV.com...Here is a quote I found very interesting...

President Barack Obama looks amazingly like Akhenaten the father of monotheism. Michelle Obama looks amazingly like Akhenaten's mother, Queen Tiye. Akhenaten had two daughters by Nefertiti They look amazingly like Malia and Sasha. The code names of Renegade, Renaissance, Radiance and Rosebud correlate well with the ancient depiction of the Royal Family.

Are the First Family clones?
"Human genetic material, largely undamaged after 2,400 years, has been extracted from an Egyptian mummy and has been grown in the laboratory. One 2,400-yr-old mummy of a child was found to contain DNA that could be molecularly cloned in a plasmid vector. These analyses show that substantial pieces of mummy DNA can be cloned and that the DNA fragments seem to contain little or no modifications introduced postmortem."
New York Times
April 16, 1985

Here is the link...

www.freemantv.com...

Thought this information was pretty wild...I enjoyed it very much...I thought you might like it if you have not seen it...

It is very freaky is it not...

Just wanted to share...Hope it is o.k. .....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Without having any kind of scientific background, it's too hard to swollow that the poles will shift in 2012, or in general, that anything will happen in 2012.
Bellow i provide some links that might help each and everyone of us. But imho we all should stop thinking abut the IFs of what MIGHT happend in 2012 and start thinking about how we can make our life and the lifes of our beloved ones, better.

After all, if someone stronlgy believes that all of this 2012 mumbo jumbo are true, i'll be gladly to have their entire ownership after 21/12/2012

answers.yahoo.com...

www.wisegeek.com...

geography.about.com...

starryskies.com...

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

President Obama doesn't actually look anything like that statue of Akhenaten.

Here's a real picture of that statue (a non-photoshopped version):
www.africawithin.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I cant give you that since I didnt make the video.
But I just watches this 16 part series on the subject, and he say it is based on data from recent research and the already displacement of the poles..

The poles are moving now, when , as I understand it, the north and south magnetic poles are close enough together, earth loses its stability.

One rather must watch videos where he explains it from start to finish..
And just flat out deny any hint towards any of these events is imo is out of total denial or ignorance and one should start researching one self rather than asking for handouts of the truth, cuase that will not make any sence as one do not get the middle parts of 'why' and 'how' can it happen.

I am not calling any one here any thing, it is just an general statement..

I kind of have an issue with this guy on his cure for the economy in 12 of 16. First, he states if they were to give each person over 18 part of 100 billion dollars, then each person would receive 100,000+. Well, the math doesn't work. I show only 600 to 700 per person. Second, giving that kind of money would cause hyper inflation. 1935 Germany would be a prime example of this.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

The reason why the movie 2012 is coming is to redicule these events and any one who speaks of it.

Nope. No need to make a movie for this to happen. The ridicule is a natural side effect anytime this topic comes up. I got data on that too. Want me to make so.... errm, post some here?

But more importantly, the posts keep me entertained, so there is some good out of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I would think that a potential pole shift could happen in any direction, thus there are many possible locations for the future equator. So why did the makers of this video pick that specific location for the new poles/equator?

Can you show me that data that says the poles will shift 35 degrees in the specific direction needed to make this the new equator?

(by the way -- I don't believe in the 2012 pole shift. I thought I should tell you that up front.)

EDIT TO ADD: Hi argentus. I'm not stalking you, really...it just seems we ended up at the same thread again by coincidence
. Nice to see you here.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

Curiously, no the pole shifts regularly it has two primary stable angles.
The Pyramids were actually built during the last period when the pole was not at it's current location. However it is highly controversial whether Velikovski was correct and the earth physically changes it's axis of rotation, or the magnetic fields shift and the earth continues on it's same axis.

We won't know till it happens but if it does change the axis of rotation the inertia of the oceans and the fluid core of the earth will restart the clock for evolution there would be little and few left to bare witness.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Very interesting discussion I would say.
I am always interested in 2012 discussions.
Here is some additinal information about pole shift and magnetis pole reversal.
Gregg Bredan combines sience and spirituality in a very special way. His latest book " Fractal Time" explaines how it actually happen or theory of it anyway
www.youtube.com...

In addition according to Hopy Indians elders. They preserve knowledge by telling stories from generation to generation without any writenn record. So according to their stories our SUN set down and came up on the same side of the horizon. This only can happen when earth starts rotating the other way.

This here is an old video of Gregg that speakes about earth changes and magnetics.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xxxcosta

If the Earth suddenly rotated in the other direction, the oceans would wash right over the land, all of it.
Mountains would rip free of the earth's crust and roll over into the molten core.

Continents and tectonic plates would slide over one another forming new mountan ranges and burying old ones.

It would take an enormous input of kinetic energy to reverse the spin, like being hit by something massive at high speed. That simply could not just happen by rolling over on it's own.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
how can you take any of this seriously with jesus making a little apearance in the video, there hasnt been any hard facts to any of this

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The only way the rotational axis of the Earth could shift/ tilt is if a massive object with a comparatively huge enough gravitational field was to pass by in close proximity to the Earth.

Magnetic poleshifts and reversing of the polarity of the field has happened several times during Earths history.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join