It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wager we do nothing about this

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

Would you like to know how legal the North Koreans are?

Global Insurance Fraud By North Korea Outlined

For Kim Jong Il's birthday, North Korean insurance managers prepared a special gift. In Singapore, they stuffed $20 million in cash into two heavy-duty bags and sent them, via Beijing, to their leader in Pyongyang, said Kim Kwang Jin, who worked as a manager for Korea National Insurance Corp., a state-owned monopoly. Kim said he helped arrange the shipment and watched in February 2003 as the cash was packed. After the money arrived, Kim Jong Il sent a letter of thanks to the managers and arranged for some of them to receive gifts that included oranges, apples, DVD players and blankets, Kim said. "It was a great celebration," he said. The $20 million birthday present and the gratitude of its recipient, who is known as the Dear Leader, were annual highlights of a sophisticated global insurance fraud that North Korea has concocted to provide its communist leadership with hard currency, said Kim, who spent five years as an executive of the state insurance company in Pyongyang and worked for a year at its banking subsidiary in Singapore before defecting to South Korea.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Well maybe you are right. They follow the law. Those nasty reporters couldn't be trusted so hard labor for them.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Would anyone like to bet what gets done about the two reporters or the ship carrying nuclear weapons? My ongoing bet is 2 million fictional dollars that absolutely nothing is done in response to these two topics.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I just want to add that I am not a fan or supporter of N Korea. I think it is a horrible and corruptive regime. However, I try my best to be a bit objective.

Usually, the ones with the most dirt under their rug are the ones that point fingers on others first.....

[edit on 24-6-2009 by thegreatobserver]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
About that Korean ship.

This is exactly why private contractors are very, very handy groups to have on the payroll.

Ships in that area are being taken by pirates all the time, often the ships themselves disappear.

As long as the US Navy doesn't sink it, then who is to blame?

Simple problems are best handled with simple solutions.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Would anyone like to bet what gets done about the two reporters or the ship carrying nuclear weapons?

the reporters will be left to rot, life in NK prison is a death sentence, incredible human rights violations, of which B.O. will entirely ignore.

those ladies worked for Al Gore, who has been equally silent about the whole affair. liberals would prefer the two ladies simply go away and are forgotten about, because paying attention to their plight only embarrasses and humiliates the left wing PTB.

as well they should.

very likely that nothing will be done for them, by this administration.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

I agree with you DohBama. It seems that everyone must agree too because I don't see any takers to my fictional bet. It is sad but I am going to try to keep remembering them. I don't care if they were working for the CIA or whoever, nobody should end up where they ended up. I just wish we could get them out of there. I know our guys in uniform are itching to do something about it.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Understood. I think you may have outlined and idea that the educated PTB cannot grasp. Why not run for office dooper you have my vote already. Now a simple vehicle to bring this message of peace to the masses. Well put thank you.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oh thank God. I gladly give my fictional money to Bill Clinton. I seriously thought that nothing would be done in regards to these two journalists.

North Korea pardons US reporters

4 August 2009

news.bbc.co.uk...

I am relieved that they will be coming home and joining their families now. I couldn't think of a worse fate for someone than to be captured by NK.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join