It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain and Iran's fraught history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Britain and Iran's fraught history

news.bbc.co.uk

The mutual expulsion of diplomats by Iran and Britain shows that relations between these two old antagonists are alive and bad.
The expulsions started on the Iranian side when two British diplomats were expelled with the usual claim of "activities incompatible with their status".
This often means spying but it could mean anything and the Iranians did not explain. More out of routine than anger, Britain retaliated in kind.
It all followed the speech last Friday by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamene
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The photo caption says "Many in Iran are deeply suspicious of the British".

Well I see at most 4 protestors and the police behind them. Since the regime would benefit from allowing photos of this to be broadcast to the world, I don't see why we wouldn't have seen a large crowd had there been one there.

We did see 3 million size crowd protesting last week for the opposition

I doubt the majority of Iranian's continue to believe the regime propaganda anymore, their lies have become transparent.

Beyond the 90,000 voluntary militia, the revolutionary guards are soon likely to split as the massacres increase, and the army is still on the fence.

They know it's over..... surely.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

John
could you please explain what you mean by the revolutionary gaurd is splitting and they know it is over?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by john124

John
could you please explain what you mean by the revolutionary gaurd is splitting and they know it is over?

There have been unconfirmed reports of some revolutionary guards and commanders refusing to carry out order. Sorry I should have made that clearer. That was around 2 days ago.

IMO it's only a matter of time before this split exceeds a threshold, and then the tides will turn. IMO this has turned into a war to the bitter end, and the more Iranian's that the basij militia and guards murder the less inclined they may be to carry out those orders.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Massacres? could you show me where iranians are being massacred?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

There have been unconfirmed reports of some revolutionary guards and commanders refusing to carry out order. Sorry I should have made that clearer. That was around 2 days ago.

That is some good information. That would indicate that there have been some orders to carry out violence against there own people. If you could post the source of this information it may be of benefit.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Massacres? could you show me where iranians are being massacred?

Erm... 5 killed 9 days ago in Tehran, 17 confirmed killed 5 days ago. Many hundreds arrested, and we know what they do to those - torture and executions.

Unconfirmed reports of 150 killed in Tehran on Saturday, and dozens in other cities.

Do you really think the confirmed reports are the only deaths. The regime would try and cover up as many as possible to save its skin.

Try using your brain and stop being a MSM automaton.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

That is some good information. That would indicate that there have been some orders to carry out violence against there own people. If you could post the source of this information it may be of benefit.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

strata-sphere.com...

There you go! Found it just by googling. There's a thread somewhere on ats sourcing the first one.

Unfortunately they will route out all the disobeying commanders and execute them, so a large scale revolt in the ranks would only have an effect.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So the question now is how many others will also refuse to use force in there own people. Combine this with the spying technology they are using and it would seem the ruling Islamic regime could easily stay in power.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So the question now is how many others will also refuse to use force in there own people. Combine this with the spying technology they are using and it would seem the ruling Islamic regime could easily stay in power.

It's difficult to say what outcome will prevail. Hope good prevails over evil.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

So you are speculating and dont have any evidence of massacres,as i expected.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by john124

So you are speculating and dont have any evidence of massacres,as i expected.

Cheers

What do you define as a massacre?

The definition of massacre: where a large number of people are killed indiscriminately.

Large can be defined as greater than average.

Since 17 people were killed indiscrimately for protesting in large groups, in one day, and is greater than average, there is evidence of massacres even in MSM. Do you even watch the news?

Unofficially these are much greater than 17 in numbers, and much worse today.

Just watch the youtube videos for yourself, and no I'm not going to waste my time providing links because you are too lazy to go find them. Some people like you are pathetic, you ask and ask and plead for information. Just go look for it.

If you still don't realise this obvious fact then you're either too stupid or utterly blind.

And no I'll never apologise for insulting fools like you because you absolutely deserve it.

I'm guessing your response will have nothing to do with facing reality, and you'll talk more bull#.

Also if you do happen to be from the regime, which is possible, then go to hell worthless scum!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join