It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Contribution To Open Government Directive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I got on my Facebook this morning and noticed yet another one of the White House Facebook initiatives, and decided to do something on it today.

You can go to the site at Open Government Directive : Office of Science and Technology

The following is my suggestion to the White House in how to better our country.

The entire system of government is inefficient and needs to be streamlined from the top to the bottom.

Starting with the first thing, my suggestion would be to change the silly policy that George W Bush made where visitors have to make an appointment to visit the White House six months in advance go away. This made the office of the President seem too much like a King than a President. People want to actually be able to meet their President, not feel like they are unclean heathen who do not deserve to be in the same room as the man. While the Secret Service may love this arrangement due to security procedures, and the people may begrudgingly understand due to the potential for assassination attempts, it has to go, and other security procedures can be enacted.

Random polls of the entire populace instead of a set section of the populace would be the next initiative to institute, so that all citizens of the United States can be asked how the entire Government is doing, not just one office over another, possibly even with all three branches being graded on a scale of A through F, just like the public school system is graded, A being top of the class, and F being a failing grade, with Constitutional Issues being on the poll as well.

Make money that the Government is required to give away in order to sponsor citizens to start their own businesses easier to get to and understanding of the process simpler. The current system is a political runaround and nightmare for anyone with less than a PHD in political science.

Public transit in the form of trains above ground is inefficient 100%, it slows down traffic, noise disruption at odd hours, and is an eyesore and public nuisance. Tear up the entire system of railroads and do away with that system altogether, it has been outdated for the last half century. Use tunnel boring machinery to bury at least 75% of the rail system, making security virtually impregnable to infiltration by saboteurs and terrorism. The current system of tunnel boring machinery can build a tunnel while digging the ground.

The cost efficiency of materials and recycling of the current systems metals will pay for itself within 10 years minimum, as well as build a stronger structure under the roadways, speeding up traffic flow, cause less vehicular accidents where citizens think their vehicle can make it through a rail crossing, and stop graffiti of railcars while in the train yards due to it all being underground. As well as this the electrical systems, internet wiring, and entire water system can run along this new and improved tunnel system strengthening communication within the nation a hundred-fold. This would also put millions of Americans to work tearing up the old system of inefficient railways, due to physical labor, transportation of recycling materials, and security both during the daytime and night time as this would take years to complete, guaranteeing a second term of office for President Obama.

Zero train/vehicle collisions would be a great initiative for this Administration, as well as speeding up the public infrastructure, without taking away traffic control from citizens, property values will rise where railways through towns and cities where it always lowers the property values and in this current economic downturn the citizens need their homes to hold value.

I wrote a letter to Governor Rick Perry of Texas of this type of process for the border, but was promptly ignored; it would close off the border entirely, while adding security to the region, and putting all transportation issues into security measures.

These are a few ideas to implement that would have immediate impact on the country.

Let's see what ATS thinks about all of what I had to say.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Here is the letter I wrote to Governor Rick Perry back in March of this year.

Obviously, I took my name and address out of it, as well as linked the Robbins Tunnel Boring website for you, the ATS'er reading this letter.

Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711-2428

Governor Rick Perry,

I have been reading on the Trans-Texas Corridor for quite some time, and how it is potentially a large part of the coming North American Union, a conglomeration of Mexico, America, and Canada, and noticed as I was reading on the TTC that your constituents have protested it almost to the point of extinction, or rather that possibly that your office as well as other people within the element building this major infrastructure have lessened the media exposure and downplayed the entire thing hoping to dissuade protestation of the entire process.

I am curious as to why the entire thing has not been considered for usage underground, to bypass protests as well as assist in the restructuring of your states image as being progressive in transportation as well as making all of the land that was previously squabbled over by Texans that are being displaced that much more solidified with structural integrity through shoring up the foundation of anything that is built over the underground TTC.

What I am specifically referring to here is the usage of Tunnel Boring Machines, possibly from Robbins, seen here at Robbins Tunnel Boring Machines in order to bury the whole project throughout Texas and elsewhere and if done correctly this would in essence strengthen the roadways, housing, and business districts above any areas of the covered roadway, rail lines, and telecommunications superhighway. As it stands right now, looking at the TTC from outer space it would look like you are trying to divide the nation in half.

I am writing to you as a person who sees intelligent use of resources as well as lowering the overall environmental impact above where it can be squabbled over, whereas the minerals and soil that could be mined utilizing the Tunnel Boring Machines could be used to lessen your own political image as detrimental to your constituents as well as possibly get you re-elected if you so chose to do so. Think about the positive publicity from such things as lessening the noise pollution that has become an issue with the protestors, the physical pollution of all this extra traffic across your state, and the other types of issues you could resolve via any extra means possible. With the system being moved underground you would of course need to consider that carbon-monoxide build up would be an issue as well, so do not forget this in considering it, but with technology being where it is today, you could as well market the entire thing with the thought of utilizing wind generators above ground to power the carbon-dioxide scrubbers, as well as lighting and other technology that would be necessary to keep build-up of foul pollution low in the tunnel system.
These are of course a few of the ideas I had and if you write me back I will be happy to share a few more with you and your office.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Spartan, I am with you on this until a certain point. For one, the railroads now are in the process of upgrading infrastructure to make the flow of rail traffic smoother and more efficient. The huge problem that I see with this solution is that the government really doesn't have the money right now to fund this. Besides, not only would the Feds have to fit the bill, but also the states that this would run through would have to pitch in on some of the funding. The one thing that I would like to see however, is for them to do something like this around Washington, D.C. just to see how it would work out. Besides, the amount of hazardous materials that comes close to D.C. would abdicate some measue like this. For example, back in 2006 and 2007, the officials in D.C. actually tried to order CSX Transportation to stop sending hazardous materials near the district. I believe that they actually went to court over that and it turns out that the city had no right to order them to do that. Another thing that I see wrong with is that what if you were to build the tunnel and some type of accident that involves fire where to occur. If you have a train that is in one of these tunnels out in the middle of nowhere, then how would fire crews be able to access the tunnel to put the fire out and to get out survivors if there are any. How would you assess a situation if hazardous materials were involved since the train is in the tunnel? I do agree that the rail infrastructure in this country does need overhauled but I do not think that it needs to be moved completely underground within the next ten years though. The thing is that the current rail infrastructure has lasted this long, so why just replace it out right. Another solution would be to eliminate all signaled road grade crossings with underpasses like they did on the Northeast Corridor back in the 1980s. I mean CSX is in the process of completely upgrading the entire Huntington Division from the now outdated C.T.C. to the A.T.C.S. control on all nine hundred miles of the old Chesapeake & Ohio. By that, I mean they are replacing every single signal from Newport News, Virginia westward to Cincinatti, Ohio and from Russell, Kentucky northward to Toledo, Ohio.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

WOW, what an active and TRUE patriot. We know you would be at the front lines. Excellent work my friend, stars and flags around! I am glad to see you back posting in your 'signature style' again, although it is a little amped up better than before..

Great job!

[edit on 6/25/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

I can see your points. All of them. Yes, I agree, it would have to be paid for.

Where does Uncle Sam get all that funding?

The tax money they are currently misappropriating through the Bailout, of course.

This was only a letter, not the whole initiative, I may be "giving it away" with a letter to Obama and here on ATS, but I am by no means a stupid nor ignorant man to say the least.

I have every single detail worked out in the points you so eloquently pointed out with your post.

As for the means of fire extinguishing, the tunnel system would have to have an automated system for that, as well as service entrances, just like the subways have now in New York.

I would elaborate more, but this is too in depth for me to go, even for ATS.

Sorry, I'm hoping to gain a paycheck from all of my planning, prioritizing, and preventative thinking.

As the saying goes :

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

All of the things I speak on, here on ATS, I have been studying since I was a boy of six years old, and I have been planning that long as well. I have just turned thirty-six on June 18th.

This means, I have been planning now, since 1979 for everything I want to happen.

And by God, I mean to see it all happen, because a man with a plan, cannot be stopped.

reply to post by jkrog08

Thank you for the kudos so much, as well as recognizing I am back in full swing.

While this may seem amped up, I am only just getting really started, so buckle your seatbelt, and get ready for Mr Toads Wild Ride, lol.

I have a friend I have now known for fourteen years, and she is a self-proclaimed psychic.

I recently asked her what President Barack Obama would think of me.

Her one word reply was :

"Invaluable"

While I think her thoughts on my talent, insight, and planning are a pretty good measure of who I am, my only thought on her reply was :

"Duh, I already knew that."

I refuse to work under anyone anymore, instead I will be an independent contractor.

That or a Presidential Finding are the only exceptions to that rule.

My reasoning for this is probably not shared by many.

I want to be hired on a temporary basis, so I can hand-pick my jobs, as well being able to refuse anything I want to, and they can hire me, or not.

I could care less which is the case, because as far as I am concerned, I love being able to tell people exactly where to shove it if they do not like what I have to say.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The government has given billions to the banks and the auto industry since September of last year. Yet, they don't have a way to fund it so us taxpayers are the ones who have been stuck with keeping their carcasses afloat while the CEOs of theses companies are still taking in multi-million dollar bonuses. Now, with this suggestion by some guy from Texas, it sounds like he's wanting us to fit the bill for this also. The thing is, right now I just do not seeing the railroads going along with this plan. I mean they have invested billions over the years just to keep up and maintain the infrastructure that is in place now. What gets me is that this guy has came up with this plan when several railroads, i.e. CSX, Norfolk Southern, and BNSF, have either started on or have completely finished major improvement projects that have been designed to speed up the movement of traffic from Point A to Point B. One example that I have seen for myself is the multi-million dollar Heartland Corridor Project that is scheduled to be done by Feburary of next year. Another example is Burlington Northern Santa Fe's upgrade of their Power River Basin mainline back in 2006. My other beef about this is that it should be up to the railroads to secure their own damn rail yards as to where no one can get in and "tag" railcars. I admit, I do like seeing nice looking tags on the cars but it is vandalism and you can be punished with a Federal offense if you are caught. The way I see it is that a lot of us are getting fed up with paying up for what sort of plan that the government comes up with. Eventually, people are going to get sick of fitting the governments bill for these bailouts and other bills and they'll just show the government "the bird" if you know what I mean.

Another question that I have about this is.....
How in the world would work crew cleanup a derailment in a tunnel like this?
CSX found that out the hard way back in 2001 in Baltimore, Maryland.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Your'e rigth I have hit my limit today. The government has to go. All of them then we elect a proper government that fulfulls the will of the people .. Not of the corporations.
If you want to prosper under a corrupt government then you are an ememy of the people/ constitution of the USA.
Think about it. Yea your company can make money off of the stimulus packages, but then your grandchildren will have only what you think you can horde away for them. Mabe you will be the next scapegoat to be cast to the hungry public.
I say enough is too much. They want to continue as if business is as usaul? then let them fry in their own fat.
Fire them all and start over. Like a bad batch of cookies.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

There are far simpler and more effective means to overthrow the entire structure of Government, quite legally, I might add.

You form over ten-thousand non-profit organizations, get all of your friends, family, and anyone who wants to make a difference, and a change for the better, put them all on the Board of Directors of each and every one of those legal corporations.

Next, you begin fund raising on all sorts of topics your organizations beliefs are built on.

Next, anyone who was a Board Member, has a committee under them, and then they form think-tanks, non-functioning entities, who decide on action plans, and incorporate them into your policy, procedure, and protocol of your non-profits.

This is what George W Bush and Dick Cheney did, when they formulated P.N.A.C., or the Project for the New American Century, the non-profit, which has almost every important politician in Washington D.C.

Then, among those individuals who are elligible, as well as interested, you elect who among those people you want as a politician, for whatever political office you want.

Then, all of those non-profits, donate the proceeds of the fund raisers, to their election campaigns.

All of this is quite legal.

There are of course, legal means, to any plan of action, in order to toss the idiots out of office other than that way as well, it's just a matter of how dedicated you are to reading, planning, and organizing, without violence.

Once violence enters the picture, then those current politicians have a means to shut you down.

Do it without violence, it will wholle satisfy you much more to know you used the very laws which are meant to protect you, to throw these scumbags out on their collective keisters.

Then, change whichever laws you want to, from the offices you have elected officials within.

Please understand, I am not asking you to sign on some dotted line with me, as that would go against the terms and conditions of this website, I am only pointing out an example of how the Washington D.C. elite do it.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

top topics

join