It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this why the US dont intend to attack Nkorea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Lets get real for a min. Our navy alone is the size of there entire country. The reason we have not done anything yet is simple. We are a country that is pissed off at the war in Iraq and getting there with afgan. The only way we will do anything to korea is if they do something to us first. They are that annoying little bug that keeps flying around your head that you try to ignore but when it finally bites you and hurts you, you kill it. Koera is not stupid enough to attack us and we will not risk farther embassment by attacking such a country. We'll leave it to the south and Japan. Then we will join in saying those are our allies we have to join.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
1> nukes
2> IRBMS which can reach alaska

Allready they have 2 wars at hand .. I don think usa will jump into one more..
If they do go to war it would be Iran or pakistan..

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Why would we attack North Korea, again?

Contrary to Iran - North Korea has not been making nuclear weapons. Sure - North Korea has a couple nuclear weapons, which they don't have the facilities to maintain properly. It's a gamble as to whether or not they are even viable (though it's not a gamble I'd take).

There's also very little likelihood North Korea will actually invade the South. We find it hard to understand in America, because of our lack of ancestral identity. They can trace their family lines back several generations, and say their family has maintained 'this land' for centuries. The North Koreans are still family to the South Koreans.

Each side views the other as being horribly misled and corrupt (generally speaking). They are not too big on killing each other over there. They are willing to do it - but are very reluctant to. They each know what war would bring, and it would not likely bring a unified Korea - only more dead family.

Though, yes, if there was an invasion (and assuming the North Koreans have enough functioning weapons) - the northern forces are simply a trip-wire.

It's pretty much not a winnable war from North Korea's perspective, however. They either advance too quickly and South Korea's air support slaughters the supply lines - or they advance too slowly and allow reinforcements from Pusan to arrive. They simply can't pull it off with a classic invasion.

Although, if China were to get involved - the tables turn.

However, there's not much sense in a war. South Korea makes its economy off of ship-building. North Korea isn't really good for much other than looking at mountains. There's a reason the Rocky Mountains are not prime examples of sprawling urban or industrial development, here in the U.S. Same rules apply, there.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why does everybody claim that North Korea is the aggressor?

No korean thinks that the korean war was an invasion, in the mind of every korean there is only one korea and the partition was never meant to be permanent.

The only real aggressor here is the United States, the koreans were having a civil war to decide their government countries have civil wars and revolutions all the time it is a natural thing, Its no different than the North fighting the South in the American civil war. It was a korean dispute plain and simple.

People should be able to decide and choose their own government

If a bunch of Afghanis want to live under Sharia law, then let them. Who gives the USA the right to invade other countries and force their government on them?

South Korea is a puppet state of the USA, and heres the evidence even though SK claims to be a free democracy it is in reality a police state no different than the United States.

en.wikipedia.org...(South_Korea)

In 2002, Mr. Lee, a new recruit in the South Korean army, was sentenced to 2 years in prison for having said "I think Korean separation is not North Korean but American fault" to fellow soldiers. The Military Prosecutor's Office could not charge him for what he had said, but it searched Mr. Lee's civilian house and found various books, and charged him in violation of the NSA Article 7 Clauses 1 and 5.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The main reason we don’t want to attack North Korea is because we can't attack any country with nukes. Why, because they will use them once their backs are against the wall, hence the reason why nobody wants Iran to create nukes. We will not be able to invade once they've got them.

We could launch dozens of stealth bombers with laser guided missiles to take out every single site of military importance in North Korea over night. The problem is the ground invasion and our soldiers on foot trying to secure sectors afterwards. North Korea's military are masters of guerilla warfare.

Another reason why we won’t attack them is because they have nothing we want. We have been helping and supplying South Korea with all sorts of technology. They have improved on everything we've gave them. If North Koreans could view the vast differences between the technology and lifestyles of the South Koreans they would soon lose their motivation to fight against us, which is why they are not allowed to leave their country.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As others have posted there is no reason to attack N.K. The thought I always have whenever anybody brings up the million man army topic is how do you arm,feed,and fuel an army that big? If it ever comes to blows (and I really hope it does'nt) you would think eventually the U.S. would own the sky. Supply lines would be top priority.
If China and Russia don't get involved there is no reason for nukes but it would be costly.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Is this a joke?

This excuse of a country is methodically starving it's population so the disease ridden bloated Kim can eat Russian caviar.

They have no fuel, at best they could stage war operations for three weeks, but only if china supports them for two and a half weeks of the three!

I hope we don't go to war with NK because it would be a futile effort and a waste of lives and money. The plan for this is to let them bankrupt and then allow unification. Hey, it worked with east Germany and Russia.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

www.google.com...
RK&dl=en&hl=en&q=north+korea+population

Stop listening to propaganda

The population of North Korea has been increasing since the 1960's

Clearly they are not starving

Also there are American defectors in North Korea

www.youtube.com...

You do realize that during the cold war news articles will come out everyday in the USA about the mass starvation in Russia, right? Which is clearly bull#

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

It really doesn't help that the North Korean Military is larger than our own and they spend more on military than us...everyone there is starving practically except their soldiers.....we will be on their soil if a war breaks out...they aren't coming here so it will be similar to vietnam except these folks have technology closer to ours than the commies did compared to us then.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Returners

have you been to Korea? Probably not. I have, and I have seen across the DMZ and I work with people who have family in North Korea. Trust me when I say I believe their stories and pain compared to your weak YouTube link. Learn the facts instead of twisting the data.

deny ignorance therefore you are denied!

edit on 23-9-2010 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Overload

that's might be true. The debate between enemy and friends.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The only reason why the 1990's famine partly relinquished was because of food aid given to N.Korea. They still get very little to eat relative to our own lifestyles, apart from the leaders that is.

edit on 25-9-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The N.koreans are also longing for peace ,and what confused me is that all the things they do are just for self-protection ,is there anything wrong with that?And i don't think that they have the ability to attack U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join