It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khamenei Vows Iran Will Not Yield 'at Any Cost'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Khamenei Vows Iran Will Not Yield 'at Any Cost'

www.nytimes.com

TEHRAN — Ruling out political compromise after a harsh crackdown on the streets, Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, insisted Wednesday the authorities would not yield to pressure from opponents demanding a new election following allegations of electoral fraud.

“I had insisted and will insist on implementing the law on the election issue,” Ayatollah Khamenei told legislators, according to news reports. “Neither the establishment nor the nation will yield to pressure at any cost.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk
www.voanews.com

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
IMO this is alarming as I feel this can only end in revolution or catastrophe for the Iranian people.

If they give up then they are likely to have to live with even more severe repression.

On the other hand for complete revolution many hundreds of thousands and many millions of young and old are now going to have to sacrifice themselves

I don't see any way back now, neither side is willing to compromise. They are fighting a bitter war to the end, which may become a civil war or worse, depending on splits in the different armies.

This is no longer about votes, this is about freedom or oppression for these people.

We the British people stand with the great people of Iran and I wish them good luck in their pursuit of freedom.

Also IMO this man or rather animal - Khamenei would probably rather take Iran to hell with him than give up control. Therefore I suspect he would start a war with the USA/UK/Israel as a last ditch attempt to win over the Iranian people, and lie to them about who started it.

Now I hope I'm wrong about that.... but since madmen cannot see consequences of their actions. I can blatantly see that any such actions such as those, would lead to the destruction of Iran and possibly many countries nearby.

What can we do now? Well at the minute absolutely nothing, but since it seems likely the UK won't have any diplomatic relations at all with Iran, so it's in the hands of other European diplomats to see if they can find some common ground on which to negotiate.

I also feel Obama won't neccesarily give up on that path either, but his strong condemnations about thuggish police/militia operations are becoming condemnations about the illegitimate election, and the time where we will see reasonable dialogue has probably ended.

Unfortunately I feel Khamenei & Ahmadinejad will continue on their unreasonable path of self-destruction with no negotiation on the nuclear issue either.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-6-2009 by john124]

[edit on 24-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
News bits about Iran,

Link:
battleforworld.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Also to look at these idiots in the nytimes article. And now compare the clown Ahmadinejad to the Shah, there is no comparison. The Shah could speak perfect English, was reasonable by comparison and an intellectual.

Now compare Iran during the Shah in this video, to Iran now, you can see huge differences (although dodge music :lol

People had choice, freedoms that they don't have now, and then the disastrous Islamic revolution took place. Why they chose Islamic values over freedom in 1979 beats me.

Also a woman was in charge of the armed forces, Queen Farah, she gives an interview here, and you see her in the video:

www.miamiherald.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Here is a clip about iran...

Dont get blinded by the title ....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Twitter speculation that the regime take away the dead on backs of trucks and store them in warehouses.

If this is true, the true number of dead will never be known, or not until mass graves are dug up in years to come.

Anyway this isn't confirmed, but I would not be surprised, IMO this regime is capable of genocide.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Warning extremely graphic

top topics

join