It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea to fire short-range missiles off east coast: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

N Korea to fire short-range missiles off east coast: Report

timesofindia.indiatim es.com

SEOUL: North Korea will likely fire short-range missiles in an area off its east coast from which it has banned shipping, a report said.

Yonhap news agency, quoting a government source, said the communist state would probably fire Scuds or ground-to-ship missiles in the Sea of Japan (East Sea).

The North has warned Japanese ships to stay clear of the area for 16 days starting Thursday because of unspecified military exercises, Japan's Coast Guard said on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This has officially raised the level of readiness considering the amount of military ship that have been positioned around N.Korea and its shipping lanes.

We have all read reports that successful air to air missiles have been launched and tested, so now they are moving into the surface to surface or should i say as the report indicates ground-to-ship missiles.

timesofindia.indiatim es.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Just how effective could these missiles be, well apart from submarine as the obvious threat, there is always the high risk of low level surface to surface missiles. One might argue that they have state of the art counter measure's to deflect such incoming threats. What one must point out is that multi directional and multiple inbound on a predefined target that causes major flaw's to be shown in any defense systems.

Since the date has been established it will most likely cause many eyebrows to be raised at the level of readiness that N.Korea is showing. It should also be noted that the shift from air to air testing has taken second place indicates that perhaps they have worked out all the "bugs" from their systems and are at that stage to move into the next phase of guided or pre targeting missile acquisition.

Note: Scud missiles are obsolete and are 80's based technology, so don't be fooled by the report, perhaps the name Scud has been purposely been put there which would serve its purpose when the media requires to use it.

Example:

Que :

background music....(CNN or FOX or CBS)

Que Reporter :

Missiles which one threatened the United States and European Countries from the regime once in power in Iraq are now to be tested by N.Korea as show of force to the U.N. relating to its resent resolution of inspecting their ships. These Scud missiles can be used for nuclear and biological strikes on its neighbors and against the United States.

Que :

File footage of U.S.N Commander relating to its ability to take down any threat from N.Korea.

Que :

File footage of scuds launching

Que Reporter :

Conclusion of reporter and hype the oncoming danger of N.Korea attacking U.S. citizens living on the coast line or Hawaii and Asian neighbors by the use of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I wonder what the north korean people would do once the DMZ is overwhelmed... there would be no more real army. The reserves would be civilians recruits. Once the DMZ have fallen and we bring them food, will they still follow their leader?

The whole NK army is at the border since it's more easy to feed them if they are all at the same place.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

The news report writes itself doesn't it!

I take it every little update with regards to this situation is hitting the news in the states then?

It's gonna keep on building.. there are fleets in the surrounding seas and they're now testing their missiles capacity to strike targets at surface level.. when is something going to be done about it?

Why is the entire army is sitting in one place purely because it's easier to distribute supplies.. is Kim Jong stupid? It'd take what.. a couple of missiles launched from sea or the air to flatten his entire army... berk

Edit because I just realised I asked the world's most pointless question - is Kim Jong stupid.. there's only 1 answer to that

[edit on 24-6-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The DMZ zone is not something you can walk through, it is considered a dead mans land and i doubt if ever that piece of land will ever be cleared from land mines.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Why is the entire army is sitting in one place purely because it's easier to distribute supplies.. is Kim Jong stupid?

He's counting on the fact that they are underground in bunkers. And that his little minions, are heavy trained and motivated... that kind of BS...

He also knows that the US doesn't have the balls to attack NK.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Why is the entire army is sitting in one place purely because it's easier to distribute supplies.. is Kim Jong stupid?

He's counting on the fact that they are underground in bunkers. And that his little minions, are heavy trained and motivated... that kind of BS...

He also knows that the US doesn't have the balls to attack NK.

i noticed that the US is kinda too kind with NK...but why is that?

link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Its troubling how only the N.K and the U.S/U.N forces are being mentioned, it has been reported of Chinese and soon to accompany Russian subs in the international waters just sitting and recording all possible crypto monitoring to and from commanders.

Ideal time for perhaps future enemy's to have a more vivid understand as to what they may encounter.

Lets keep in mind that on the side of N.K most are underground installations.

link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hmm I see, of course it doesn't have to be the US... we should have picked up some Iraqi hardware and dropped that on em, that would have been confusing.

Someone's gonna hit em eventually, he may just be grabbing for attention at the minute but telling Jap ships to stay off the coast and the last one he sent on a direct path over Japan.. Wonder if they're getting geared up

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Yeah someone got to get them. But I say it won't be the USA. IMO it will be either China alone or SK-Japan together.

The US would need a draft for that... it could happen with those brainwashed Obamabots... but doubtful.

Not to mention they need forces in standby for Iran and Pakistan.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Yeah someone got to get them. But I say it won't be the USA. IMO it will be either China alone or SK-Japan together.

The US would need a draft for that... it could happen with those brainwashed Obamabots... but doubtful.

Not to mention they need forces in standby for Iran and Pakistan.

Iran if ever they decide to do something will be handled by Israel. Pakistan is another issue, as that country is not in international law, unless they suddenly loose a nuke weapon, then i feel sorry for its citizens. The U.S. has said that if the Taliban cease a nuclear devise then the U.S. armed forces will move into Pakistan and fight who ever stands in their way of re-acquiring the warheads, that implies either Taliban or Pakistan forces. They have said they will make no distinction.

Naturally keep in mind that the 70% of the Russian army is currently on military maneuvers, coincidence, i think not.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Many have speculated regarding China's role and what will it do when the time comes for them to take a position concerning N.Korea and the U.N. sanctions.

Well China today realesed an interesting press news were it was then handed down to the media. Part of what China is discussing with the U.S. is highlighted below.

China and the United States Wednesday hailed defence talks here as a step forward in mutual understanding and agreed to meet again in July to discuss how to avoid a repeat of recent high-seas standoffs.
However, in an illustration of lingering tensions, China also called on the US to cancel an arms sale to Taiwan and stay away from waters where this year's maritime confrontations took place.

The talks were held amid military tensions between the two giants linked to those issues, as well as US concern that China was being opaque about its long-term military build-up.
"These talks took us another step down the road towards more openness and transparency," US under-secretary for defence Michele Flournoy told reporters after the two days of meetings ended.
"The United States does not view China as an adversary. We think that as our relationship develops there will be a great deal on which we can act as partners."

Lieutenant General Ma Xiaotian, deputy chief of the People's Liberation Army general staff and China's delegate to the talks, also said during a separate briefing that the talks would have a "positive influence" on defence ties.
But he reiterated China's demand for a planned 6.5-billion-dollar US arms sale to Taiwan -- proposed under the Bush administration -- to be scrapped, calling such deals "the greatest obstacle to Sino-American relations."

China briefly cut off military exchanges with the United States in October 2008 over the arms package for Taiwan, a self-ruled island that China claims.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

That's interesting.. the transparency supposedly helping the relations between the 2. But I'm not sure America will be too happy about losing a 6.5 billion dollar arms deal.

Do you really think the other world powers will let Israel deal with Iran? If all the pro-western sentiment is actually on the money and that's what the people want they ain't gonna want Israel stomping in on their territory. I really don't think anything else is going to happen with Iran now.

I was reading yesterday about the fight back that the Pakistan army is making against the Taliban and I don't think the US forces are going to be necessary there either, not with how it's going currently anyway. There will have to be some intervention or back up for the Taliban to swing things their way in my eyes.

God knows what the Russians are doing..

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Looks like both China and the U.S. have many things to discuss and to think they have not mentioned Russia yet shows how far away intervention is. Then again if N.Korea does decide to move then i doubt the Japan or the U.S. would sit by. But i can see is that S.Kore will be hammered hard if not over run until reinforcemants arrive.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
interesting, .... however there is one large glaring error in the report.

..... the short range missiles mentioned are actualy bottle rockets.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
interesting, .... however there is one large glaring error in the report.

..... the short range missiles mentioned are actualy bottle rockets.

Well you cant have everything your way., they are spread out slightly thin in human resources trying to convince the world that Iran is on the verge of a revolution.

top topics

join