It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 things you never knew about Flying Saucers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The website of the Daily Express (a popular British newspaper) has a new article today entitled "Ten Things you never knew about ... Flying Saucers".

The article is at THIS LINK and features the following:

1. On average, just over one Californian a day claims to have been abducted by aliens in a flying saucer.

2. US president Jimmy Carter thought he saw a flying saucer in 1973, but research suggested it was probably the planet Venus.

3. The first country to depict flying saucers on its postage stamps was Equatorial Guinea in 1975.

4. The term ‘spaceship’ appeared in 1894, ‘flying saucer’ in 1947 and UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) in 1952.

5. The US insurance company Goodfellows offers insurance against alien abduction.

6. More than 40,000 people are reported to have taken out Alien All Risks Insurance but no successful claims have yet been made.

7. Project Sign, Project Grudge, Project Twinkle and Project Blue Book have all been names of official US investigations into flying saucers.

8. According to a report in 1995, as many as five million Americans may have been abducted by aliens.

9. Sixty-eight per cent of all UFO sightings are by men.

10. The first World Conference of People in Contact with Extraterrestrials was held in 1995 in Costa Rica.

I'm sure that several items on this list (such as the sighting by Jimmy Carter at Item 2 and the list of USAF investigations in Item 7) will in fact not be things that members of ATS "never knew about Flying Saucers".

At some point it may be interesting to compile a list of interesting facts about UFOs that members of the public did not know about UFOs which might actually influence their views...

Perhaps the most surprising facts, in my view, relate to the characteristics of UFO witnesses and "believers". In short, it is not only idiots that "believe" in UFOs or report seeing UFOs.

What things have you found most surprising when looking into UFOs, or do you think members of the public would find most surprising?

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 24-6-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
For me the surprising thing is that the majority of Gray contact is in America, whilst Nordics like Europe

I've always found that surprising, and thought tall blonde perfect looking humans would fit in with California (or at least the image of California that is portrayed)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Before Project Twinkle there was also Project Saucer. I believe it lasted a few years

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
1. On average, just over one Californian a day claims to have been abducted by aliens in a flying saucer.

5. The US insurance company Goodfellows offers insurance against alien abduction.

6. More than 40,000 people are reported to have taken out Alien All Risks Insurance

Good stuff. Thanks for the link
(S&F)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
For me the surprising thing is that the majority of Gray contact is in America, whilst Nordics like Europe

I'm not sure that still reflects reported characteristics of UFO occupants...

I'll have to see if I can find some up-to-date data.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The reason that many more men than women see UFO's in the sky, is that they are more men accustomed to walking behind a woman who's looking ahead, and just as she turns her head, to keep the woman from seeing that he's been staring at her . . . anterior anatomy - men suddenly look UP!

I know that's how I saw my first one!

[edit on 24-6-2009 by dooper]

top topics

join