It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my Big Puppy Girl Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Freya was my companion and best friend for the last 11 years today. Freya was a gift from my wife when we got married 11 years ago. We adopted her from a shelter for the cost of 50 usd , best 50 usd I ever spent in my life. She has passed on now and is getting table scraps from the Allfathers table in Valhalla.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60afe5b55b04.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea73d9fd288c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I am truly sorry for you loss, And i know the feelings you are going through right now,

I will light a candle for her along with my own dog,

What a beautiful pup she was, Just think about all the positive things that you shared with her, and the amazing friendship that formed,

My heart is truly with you and your family right now,

HUGSS!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I am sorry for your loss...

She is chasing butterflies in fields of pure green...

Semper

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's so hard to lose a friend. :shk:

The animals that enter our lives take on the quality of a family member. They're integrated into our live in ways we don't even suspect. In some ways I wonder why they even bother with us humans when they could run off and be free.

My conclusion: They have a human quality, a desire to be loved and care for...

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Remember her, and give thanks for the years of enjoyment you had together.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Whats with ATS members loosing their friends like this?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and companion.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
That really sucks man.
I am sorry to hear you lost your little buddy.He looks like he was a happy little guy.
Things like this make me sad.
I hope you are handling it ok.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I had to stop by and give you both a cuddle, and I know it hurts like hell...I've been there a few times. Damn sure you gave her the best life though, and keep talking to her like she's still here....she will hear you, and I'm sure will let you know. Incidentally, she looks so like my boy that they could have been litter mates...took my breath away.

The best thing you could do for her now is get yourselves back down the rescue centre and spend another 50 bucks.

It will get better, I promise, even although it won't feel like it for a bit. Just be brave.

Much love to you..

Cait xxx

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm really sorry for the spike in your heart, Crow. We invest in friends, and they return the favor. One of us has to go first. I'm sure your puppy girl will be running the rainbow bridge.... unless -- as I've pondered before -- reincarnation exists.

Eleven is a fine old age for a dog, and I'm sure she had the best of love. Sounds funny calling her a dog, doesn't it? It does to me as well, even though I don't know her. I'm sure she was much more than that.

much peace

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I would like to thank everyone for thier thoughts, comments, well wishes and prayers.

I took Freya to the pet cemetary this morning for cremation. I will be recieving her ashes and memorial things on Monday.Hardest thing I have ever done parting with her, I just dont have alot of people friends here in Las Vegas, its not my hometown so Freya rather took the place of people friends.I am absolutely gutted, been crying off and on for almost 2 days now, and a 48 year old man crying like a schoolboy isnt a pretty sight. I am really just trying to dwell on the good times but looking back at those also makes me realize there wont be more of those times with her. Writing this is rather like therapy I supposed. I really appreciate all the support folks here at ATS/BTS have given me.

I remember when she was just a pup about 12 weeks old when she got poopie on her paws and proceeded to walk across the top of our white sectional couch.

I remember when she was about 6 months old and my wife took her for a walk and they were beset by a pit bull terrier the pit bull got more than it bargained for out of the puppy and the puppy became mommys protector from then on.

She was a well travelled puppy, Been to Utah, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana. Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas and Oklahoma. The back seat of my big truck was hers and she loved to go for a ride.

I remember how when my wifes cat got very old Freya would sheperd her around the house back and forth to the food bowl and the catbed. I never saw a cat and dog that along so well.

I can remember her habit of licking the parakeet seed off the carpet from the stuff the birds tossed out of the cage.

I can remember one of the parakeets walking up to Freya and pecking her nose, only to have Freya blow the bird over with a snort from her nostrils.

I havent eaten a full plate of food in 10 years, Freya always got a little bit of what I was having at the end, She really liked burgers, fries, and burritos, oh and cereal she loved to get that last bit of milk from the cereal bowl.

I remember the indignant look I used to get when I had to with hold something from here because it was to spicy or sweet.

I remember her eating watermelon, cantalope, and baby carrots off a fork, always ever so gently.

I remember her eating corn on the cob , she would get it between her feet and nibble her way around it.

I remember when she wanted just a bit of Newcastle Brown Ale she basically wanted a taste of whatever we were having.

I remember when she would want her food and would rub up against the bag like a cat.

Its hard to get out of bed and not having to step over her as she was almost always sleeping right next to me.

Its hard that she doesnt meet me at the door or watch me leave through the blinds on the sliding glass door. I can see her sitting so pretty with her back straight and her ears all pricked forward.

Its hard that she wont be coming to bang into the back of my computer chair to let me know she needs to go outside.

I can remember playing peek a boo around the furniture and doors in the apartments, "Wheres Freya?" "Oh there she is!"

Freya was 11 years old and I was still calling her puppy, puppy girl, little girl, daddys girls or what have you. She earned it, she was the biggest sweetheart of a dog anyone could have wanted unless she thought you were going to hurt her mommy then she would get growly and serious.

She was really good with the grandkids, and became protective of them quickly, Only time she didnt sleep in the room with me was when the grandkids was in, then she stayed with them or in the hallway between the rooms.

I never kept a collar on here after she was about 6 months old, she didnt need one she was smart and I didnt have to worry about her taking off after a cat or bird.

Its amazing how much puppy stuff has accumlated in this apartment after 11 years everyplace there is a reminder.

I am on the computer against the doctors instructions I shouldnt even be out of bed, but I cant sleep anyway after the last couple of days. I truly believe Freya waited for me to come home after surgery before she decided to pass on.

I wish I had a couple of pictures I could post but most of the pictures we have of her are hard copy and not digital I will probably digitize some in the near future.

Thanks Everyone

Be Well Be Safe

K.H.Wodenssen

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Crow, thanks for sharing some of your memories of Freya. I think it's a good thing for you to continue to do so. When I've lost fur friends, I was encouraged by well-meaning friends to "move on", but that didn't feel right.... felt disrespectful to my friend. I know what they meant -- I think they meant to not get mired in grief to the point where it was disabling to me and my responsibilities. Move on?

It's been a tradition in my family to bury our fur friends and plant tree or bush over them. I think that's always helped somehow -- sort of a living marker. I remember my Mother -- who has a natural green thumb -- had difficulty keeping the flowering bush alive that she'd planted over her poodle Ben. It really broke her up to have to plant another. That also didn't do well, so she planted a fruit tree. That took, and has since grown into a mighty tree. Before we moved away from my childhood home, she had a small brass plaque made and affixed it to the tree.

It gave her a lot of comfort, as well as the rest of us. I've done the same here where we live, having lost two cats over the last 15 years -- one that we brought with us that was already quite old, and another that was hit by a car. If you are interested in reading about the possibly odd events and my questions surrounding Sutter the cat, it's in RATS: Pet Reincarnation? Catcarnation?

I hope your surgery went well. You gotta keep your energies up to heal. I don't doubt at all your thoughts that Freya hung on until you were home. I think they perceive much more than we can.

Be safe

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just to update everyone , got a new puppy today and named her Georgia
she is 13 weeks old.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0338f68900cd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ohhh a puppy!!!!

What a sweetie!! I cant wait to hear about the adventures of your new pup!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss: but i confess you that when i've found out that now you got a new puppy i thought about it as some happy end. Of course nothing will ever give you back your beloved Freya, but nothing comes to mind better than to get some new friend, nothing.
I also wanted to tell you that your words dedicated to Freya were very moving, it's refreshing to find out that there are still humans able to love.
I wish you all the best.

[edit on 23/8/2009 by internos]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

i have read your thread ,had me in tears i lost my girl almost two years ago and it was almost as bad for a while as when i lost my parents couldn't talk to anyone without tears for about three weeks.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What a sweet, sweet girl. I'm so very sorry. I know how much it hurts.

I hope you have a wonderful dream, like I did, where you see her running like the wind, playing in a beautiful field, dancing around for you to see. Zooming past you, for you to see. That's she's okay.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
My deepest heart love to you, she was a beautiful spirit, I too lost my best friend this year of 13 , her name was Kysha, I still think of her so often.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
What a beautiful girl Freya was. From what I've read Georgia will have some big shoes to fill. I'm sure she'll make your Freya girl proud.

I know losing a fur baby can be unbearable. Many blessings to you and yours.
Flag for sharing your loved ones with us.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
When I lost my Airedale, I had her cremated. The crematorium sent the following card with her, upon return. Thought I would share it. (It's religious, so hope it's okay).

In Genesis 1:24-28 we read of the Beginning of life. It reads, "And God said, let the Earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds....and God saw it was good."

It is therefore fitting that we thank God for His gift to man of animal life in its wide diversity, and today in particular for this much loved little creature who so brightened the life of this family. It is in this spirit that we return it to the state from which God miraculously formed all life.

Heavenly Father, Creator of all things, thank you for having entrusted with us this loyal pet. Thank you for letting him teach us unselfish love. Thank you for the memories that we may recall to help brighten our days for the rest of our lives. Finally, in gratitude, we return our pet to you.
Amen

And congrats on the new baby!

top topics

join