It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says North Korea a "serious concern"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

It's a little more complicated than that. Check out this link. China is all a part of it.

Enjoy

Linky here

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
poor china
she has to choose neighbor between a nuke-armed maniac and a sabre rattling hegemony

[edit on 26-6-2009 by gs001]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i have no proof to back this up its just a theory i have jumping around in my head.

someone early in this thread said there was 2 military options
1. SK and the US.
2. China

I'd like to point out there is a 3rd.
U.S. and China.

they have been allies before to defeat a common enemy. WWII China and the U.S. were allies against Japan. want proof of that partnership look at the Doolittle raid.

We now have China not backing NK and China and the U.S. military talking whats to say that the U.S. and China won't team up and take out NK.

Allow China to set up a puppet communist system based on theirs to get the NK people up to today's china standards of living. after all it is a better and i use better loosely system then what NK has now. it will allow NK to come out of the dark ages, it will give China a larger buffer zone that they control between U.S. troops in SK. China will tell you a divided Korea is in their best interest. a unified one is not. and it is true. especially if the Unified Korea is base on SK government style. and stays allies with the U.S.

like i said its just a theory i have.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Another great thread, courtesy of Slayer69...S&F

China want us to resolve this without conflict to keep the large flow of refuges from crossing their Northeastern border.

They are a major player in the Great Game and they will have to care for the refuges, because the rest of the world is watching. When you have almost 7 billion mouths to feed already...do not need company coming over and pushing a chair up to the table expecting a four course meal and pie in the sky for dessert!

Plus, if North Korea falls...China will be forced to take the brunt of the clean-up and restructuring.

My views only

[edit for spelling]

[edit on 03/31/2009 by rgseymour]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Think of it as a Risk game. NK is China's buffer zone.

China is in a bind with NK though, and I am really glad to see them saying that they are concerned as well. As someone stated, it might just be better for china if they themselves took out NK but I seriously doubt they would.

They would (I suspect) back US/SK military actions to take out NK's nuclear capacity,but the only way to truely do that is ground forces and a reunification of north and south korea. A new Democratic Korean country would stablize the region, but I don't think China would approve of that either. It is a really complicated situation.

China cannot take over NK because of the south koreans, and vice versa.

Lets just hope Lil Kim dies before anyone has to do anything drastic, although it does appear like that won't happen.

A joint US/China military option would be about the only way I can see a solution to this problem.

Sanctions have not worked, there are no other options as far as I can see.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

North Korea has outlived it's usefulness to the Chinese. They are basically an embarrassment. A throw back to a bygone age.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join