It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bonne/Happy Saint Jean Baptiste day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Any Quebeceer out there? A tous les Quebecois sur/on ATS

Une Superbe bonne Saint Jean Baptiste! A superb Saint Jean Baptiste day!

Today/Aujourd'hui is Quebec National Holiday/La journée nationale Quebécoise! Like the fourth of july in the USA, St Jean Baptiste equals that holiday... The rest of canada celebrate the first/ Le restant des tête carré célèbre le premier de Juillet/first of July.

On this Merry St Jean Baptiste/ Une belle St Jean Baptiste a la belle province where everyone is now deemed a quebeceer on this joyous day!

Vive le Quebec Libre! Viva a free Quebec!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
In the words of our national anthem/ Dans les mots de notre hymne du
Quebec

With much love/avec beaucoup d'amour

Bonne St Jean!/ Happy St Jean!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Bonne Saint-Jean toi aussi !

From Quebec City.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by miss_silverVive le Quebec Libre! Viva a free Quebec!

If you say so, but you want out, you get out. None of this sovereignty association nonsense, like a spouse who wants a divorce, but won't shut up and won't get out.

You get your own economy, your own money, your own military...we don't have to teach our kids French any more, and our cereal boxes will be in one language only. In the final analysis, you'll find that the Francophony is even more isolated in North America, because Canada will cut the ties that help to support your culture.

Then you get to deal with the Cree. But perhaps you can petition France to join St. Pierre and Miquelon.

So, 'Une Superbe bonne Saint Jean Baptiste', indeed, but careful what you ask for.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
*SNIP*

Who's a troll? Am I mistranslating Vive le Quebec Libre!

Free from what? That is a political statement. I am a friend of Quebec, but outside of politics and seccession, what does a Free Quebec mean?

Enjoy the day, but understand what it is you are saying, s'il vous plait.

Mod Edit: Deleted Quote Of Removed Content.

[edit on 24/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Happy Saint Jean Baptiste Day all.
Vive le Quebec Libre!
I was actually surprized to see this thread.
Awesome!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
*SNIP*

Who's a troll? Am I mistranslating Vive le Quebec Libre!

Free from what? That is a political statement. I am a friend of Quebec, but outside of politics and seccession, what does a Free Quebec mean?

Enjoy the day, but understand what it is you are saying, s'il vous plait.

Mod Edit: Deleted Quote Of Removed Content.

[edit on 24/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

Well, Vivre le Quebec libre was first said by Charles de Gaulle and with reasons!

On this, again, Une superbe St Jean 2009... Stuck in Missouri/Pogne au Missouri so I wish to my fellow quebecceer a merry 24th of June celebration... boy sure wish I was at Maisonneuve park ATM!

So right now, I am settling on that puny dial connection of ours to listen to Elvis Gratton, audio only on TVA streaming TV, better than nothing tho

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck Who's a troll? Am I mistranslating Vive le Quebec Libre! Free from what?...outside of politics and seccession, what does a Free Quebec mean?

Well, Vivre le Quebec libre was first said by Charles de Gaulle and with reasons!

I believe you'll find that Vive le Quebec Libre was a phrase already in common use by separatists. De Gaulle was not the first, simply the most controversial. It also was noted at the time that he did not support separatism for Brittany, where his sentiment might actually carry some weight...thereby reinforcing another oft-used phrase, Talk is Cheap.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Happy Saint Jean Baptiste Day

To one and all.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Happy Saint Jean Baptiste Day

To one and all.

And having spent July 1 in Labrador, down at the waterfront dining on BBQ's caplin and steamed Quebec mussels with the locals...I hope everyone had as good a Canada Day as I did.

new topics

top topics

join