It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MASON Checkered Black & White Floor... What does it mean?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thelonious2

Actually you are misrepresenting and taking it out of context. You must read the entire chapter to see what Pike was talking about. Pike is essentially saying those who deserve to be misled will be misled...often by their own bigotry and ignorance.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Actually you are misrepresenting and taking it out of context. You must read the entire chapter to see what Pike was talking about. Pike is essentially saying those who deserve to be misled will be misled...often by their own bigotry and ignorance.

I'm not misrepresenting it all. Pike is saying in a straightforward manner that it is not intended that the candidate be given the correct information, and that such information is reserved for the "adepts" who are supposedly the "princes of masonry". Pike is writing in plain English here, so it shouldn't be difficult for the masons on this forum to understand it, unless they simply want to misunderstand it.

The thing is, Pike was no true adept either. Most of his book was plagiarized from "Transcendental Magic" by Eliphas Levi. He obviously knew more about Freemasonry and occultism than most other masons, but idiotic comments like this one show that he was yet in the dark as regards a certain material point.

Why even attempt to initiate someone if you're only going to feed them BS? What's the point?

The point, of course, is to keep the dues money rolling in, and generate an army of harmless dupes that will spend all their free time defending the organization. In the meantime, the promised "light" has faded away.

edit on 12-5-2013 by thelonious2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ahhh... Yet another non-Mason who claims to know more about Masonry than those who are actually involved.

Besides the "you're not high up enough up to know..." people (how do THEY know then?), I have to laugh at the "there are 360 degrees in masonry" types. Really? Name the order or orders that confer 360 degrees, and show hard proof that: A) they exist, and B) they confer 360 degrees. There are many orders which are based on masonry but are NOT Masonic, The Mechaincs and OTO for example, and there is the irregular body, the Rite of Memphis-Misraim which confers 99 degrees. It is not recognized in mainstream Masonry, and in fact, a Mason can be thrown out of Masonry for even attending a Memphis-Misraim lodge.

Of course, "proof" to these people is always presented by way of misquoted bits of Pike's works, Manly P Hall (who became a Mason AFTER his book was published), the Taxil Hoax, whacko websites like illuminatinews or masonwatch, and the ramblings of certifiable nutjobs and outright liars like Cooper, Icke, Shoenbelen, Maxwell, and Jones. I swear those guys reach so far in their theories and make such illogical leaps in "reasoning" that they could link the Virgin Mary with 9/11. And let's not forget the Catholics and Born-Agains...

For proof, I want to see documents in their entirety, photographs, and anything else that would constitute "proof" in a court of law, cited with sources. I don't want to see conjecture, hearsay, quotes or snippets from the above mentioned nutjobs, or Youtube videos, badly edited by some teenager in their mom's basement.

The sad part is that some people are gullible enough to buy the crap, hook, line, and sinker.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Like I said, you need to read the entire chapter and understand the lessons he was trying to express. This quote comes from the 30th degree which teaches some important lessons against tyrants and despots.

This is the last of the philosophical degrees. To spread the sciences, to apply the virtues, to learn the sublime doctrines which enable humanity to live as one great family - this is the school of which Masonry is engaged. It is not within the realm of Masonry to punish oppressors and tyrants who enact barriers to brotherly love and affection. They are always punished in the course of history. It is our goal to defeat the passions and fanaticism which led to oppression by spreading love and toleration. The Knight Kadosh is aware of his obligations. He is just, equitable, and respectful of all ideas. He battles for freedom of conscience. He opposes those who would attack these liberties, but material revenge is not in his thoughts and philosophy. He is a lover of great example.

It's ironic as despots, tyrants, and fascists often take quotes out of context to manipulate the masses to their side...and here we have you misinterpreting a quote to demonize the Masons. Oh irony.

Most of his book was plagiarized from "Transcendental Magic" by Eliphas Levi.

Pike pulled from many sources for Morals & Dogma, nor is M&D the ritualistic monitor of the Scottish Rite, but rather Pike's opinions on the ceremonies and comparison to other legends, beliefs, and so on.

He obviously knew more about Freemasonry and occultism than most other masons, but idiotic comments like this one show that he was yet in the dark as regards a certain material point.

You realize the Levi was only initiated as an EA then dropped from the roster a few months later.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Like I said, you need to read the entire chapter and understand the lessons he was trying to express. This quote comes from the 30th degree which teaches some important lessons against tyrants and despots.

I've read the entire chapter. In fact I've read the entire book, several times. In this section, Pike quotes Levi at length (as usual), then puts his own comments in brackets.

It's ironic as despots, tyrants, and fascists often take quotes out of context to manipulate the masses to their side...and here we have you misinterpreting a quote to demonize the Masons. Oh irony.

How exactly did I "demonize" anybody? I didn't. I simply pointed out that Pike admits the fraudulent nature of Masonic initiatory processes in the blue degrees.

Pike pulled from many sources for Morals & Dogma, nor is M&D the ritualistic monitor of the Scottish Rite, but rather Pike's opinions on the ceremonies and comparison to other legends, beliefs, and so on.

This is incorrect. Morals and Dogma contains the official lectures of the degrees for the Southern Jurisdiction. As such, they are much more than just "opinions".

You realize the Levi was only initiated as an EA then dropped from the roster a few months later.

Levi's position in Masonry is irrelevant, especially since masons as eminent as Pike have admitted that most Masonic initiation is fraudulent. Levi was an Adept in both the Rosicrucian and Ogdoadic orders, much more serious than masonry. Pike certainly realized Levi's authority. Otherwise he wouldn't have lifted half of his book from him.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelonious2
I simply pointed out that Pike admits the fraudulent nature of Masonic initiatory processes in the blue degrees.

When Pike wrote Morals and Dogma he was, like many Masons at the time, under the impression that the historical Knights Templar were related to Speculative Masonry and was commenting that the Blue Lodge degrees did not teach of this relation and concluded that the Scottish Rite had the 'true' knowledge regarding Masonry's history.

This is incorrect. Morals and Dogma contains the official lectures of the degrees for the Southern Jurisdiction. As such, they are much more than just "opinions".

Most of these have been modified or removed so they are not as relevant as they once were. Additionally, the entire Northern Jurisdiction never used the book and has some totally different degrees.

edit on 13-5-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Its a hypnotic way to mind control them.

Freemasons are monarchs " male ones" they are told what to do at all times so this symbolises the good and bad. The light and darkness.And how they negotiate between the both. Which they do

edit on 13-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You are right on the money

Actually most freemasons dont know what freemasonary actually means or is, they only think they do.

Its very similar to other secret societies there are inner circles.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Actually most freemasons dont know what freemasonary actually means or is, they only think they do.

We do not know what it actually means , but you and so many other non-Masons do ? Riddle me this , how are so many of us on the inside completely clueless , but non-Masons are always right on the money with their theories and accusations ?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Can you direct me to one of the masons who "knows the real deal"? I must be a total idiot. I have been a mason for over 7 years, I am the current master of my lodge, and my take on what masonry really is seems to be the same as every other mason I know, on this board and in real life. I think you need to validate your opinion with some facts.

How did you come to the conclusion that there is an inner circle and you know about it?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

When Pike wrote Morals and Dogma he was, like many Masons at the time, under the impression that the historical Knights Templar were related to Speculative Masonry and was commenting that the Blue Lodge degrees did not teach of this relation and concluded that the Scottish Rite had the 'true' knowledge regarding Masonry's history.

That's true, but it goes much deeper than that. Pike also believed that freemasonry continued the lineage of the Magi, which was what he was talking about there. In the initiation ceremony of the 32nd degree, this is made abundantly clear. Pike's ideas are clearly wrong in many of these cases. For example, he believed that the ten sephiroth of the kabalistic tree of life were somehow a corruption of the Pythagorean tetractys. This is false, it did not come from Levi. Pike simply believed that the Jews were not capable of serious philosophical thought, so they had to rip their ideas off from the "Aryans", who were of course the "master race". At least in Pike's mind.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere

We do not know what it actually means , but you and so many other non-Masons do ? Riddle me this , how are so many of us on the inside completely clueless , but non-Masons are always right on the money with their theories and accusations ?

It's like the Morals and Dogma book I mentioned. Originally, copies were restricted to members of the 32nd degree. Other writings were restricted as well. Notable among these is Pike's "Esoterica", finally published by the Scottish Rite Research Society seven or eight years ago. In Pike's handwritten notes, we see that it was never intended to be published for fear it would fall into the hands of not only the "profane", but also masons of lower degree than the 32nd.

These days, of course, anybody with two hundred bucks can get the 32nd degree in a weekend, so the Supremes in washington no longer see a need to restrict any of the books. Most of the candidates sleep through the degrees anyway, so what could it hurt? If they're not interested enough to pay attention during the actual ceremonies, they're certainly not in danger of buying and reading books about it.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
When the canopies change... you must decide wherein in that degree will your sentiments be.
When strewn with blood and tears... you may find that... as a man... you're not well with the reason. Seek to know thyself. Then provost and judge.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Right. And those who have no experience whatsoever, nor have ever been inside a lodge know everthing about it. :rolleyes:

You're dilusional if you think that's right.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
cannot tell you bud ITS A SECRET

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Freemasons dont know the real meaning in Freemasonary - only what they are told and until they go through all the degrees they really dont know the hidden meanings.

This is fact

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
reply to post by phi1618

Well... that would still imply that symbolizes a battle.

But overall I think it symbolizes Good vs. Evil.

or...puce and lime green squares do not go well together, or, black and white were used because other colors of décor were better offset by the stark flooring. there could be a lot of different reasons, not all being something evil and mysterious

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelonious2

Originally posted by whenandwhere

It's like the Morals and Dogma book I mentioned. Originally, copies were restricted to members of the 32nd degree. Other writings were restricted as well. Notable among these is Pike's "Esoterica", finally published by the Scottish Rite Research Society seven or eight years ago. In Pike's handwritten notes, we see that it was never intended to be published for fear it would fall into the hands of not only the "profane", but also masons of lower degree than the 32nd.

These days, of course, anybody with two hundred bucks can get the 32nd degree in a weekend, so the Supremes in washington no longer see a need to restrict any of the books. Most of the candidates sleep through the degrees anyway, so what could it hurt? If they're not interested enough to pay attention during the actual ceremonies, they're certainly not in danger of buying and reading books about it.

Whenandwhere asked how so many people within Masonry could be clueless and all of the non-Masons right on the money with their unfounded (and unsupported) accusations about Masonry, in answer to which you posted the above.

Are you trying to say that ceaseless misinterpretation of a 150 year old book (that was always available to Masons to read, and its message to be known) somehow makes outsiders more knowledgable about the meanings of Masonry than those who are actually involved? If so, than that's more failed logic.

You can misread, misinterpret, repeat all of the fallacies you want until the end of time, but it still won't make any of it true.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IslandMason

Whenandwhere asked how so many people within Masonry could be clueless and all of the non-Masons right on the money with their unfounded (and unsupported) accusations about Masonry, in answer to which you posted the above.

Are you trying to say that ceaseless misinterpretation of a 150 year old book (that was always available to Masons to read, and its message to be known) somehow makes outsiders more knowledgable about the meanings of Masonry than those who are actually involved?

No. I'm saying that a non-Mason can study the books and the rituals, and know more about it than most Masons because most Masons don't study the material. Anybody can apply to a lodge and take the degrees, and then go to a meeting every month and listen to old guys complain about raising dues and buying coffee filters from Sam's instead of Costco. But that doesn't mean that such masons know anything about masonry.

You can misread, misinterpret, repeat all of the fallacies you want until the end of time, but it still won't make any of it true.

I was a mason for probably longer than you've been alive. My articles were published in the New Age magazine (now called "Scottish Rite Journal"), Philalethes magazine, and numerous other masonic periodicals. I served in my state's Grand Lodge, Grand Chapter, Grand Council, and Grand Commandery. I served as a regional officer for the York Rite Sovereign College of North America, and sat on national committees in masonic bodies that you probably have never even heard of.

So I challenge you to show me one single thing I've written here that shows something I've "misread", "misinterpreted", or something a fallacious nature. I know very well what I'm talking about.
edit on 13-5-2013 by thelonious2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Freemasons dont know the real meaning in Freemasonary - only what they are told and until they go through all the degrees they really dont know the hidden meanings.

This is fact

I am glad you posted this.
By that logic alone, it would be impossible for you as a non member to know ANY DAMN THING AT ALL about masonry, having never gone through a degree.

Most members here are active in their respective lodges. They know more of what it's about and more of what being a mason is than most masons. Only a small percentage of masons actually walk the walk. Lots wear the ring and carry the card. But the ones that show up and do stuff are the ones that really "KNOW" what's going on.

Thanks for proving my point.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join