It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of Lunar Bombing Protest....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
All religeous and alien overtones aside...

Ok, Maybe I am wrong here, and I accept it graciously if I am, but, Don't other governments typically get the teeeniest bit upset about setting off explosives that have the possibility of causing them some negative fallout? So my question is, where is all of the protest? Why does it seem that we are all, dare I say it... "united" on this? I don't buy into the 'moon people' conspiracies, however, I respect the minds who do, but aren't you the slightest bit intrigued about what could pose such a threat that we could 'bomb' the moon, and it garners absolutely no protest? It's not like we ( the U.S) OWN the moon, however, we have been given the free pass... by some of whom pray for our down fall....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well, it's honestly not 'that' big of a deal.

We blow up a small small percentage, check for water, then be on our way. I mean we don't freak out when a itty bitty meteorite hits it. Or when miners use dynamite in tunnels. Its not a really big deal.

Even n. korea set of a nuke! there wasn't much outrage at all, a few words used sparingly but other then that, they didn't destroy the earth.

It's not like "Time Machine" where the moon explodes, it'll be fine, you'll still get lucky underneath the moonlight, don't worry.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It's because there is 'Not' to be a Bombing of the moon !

A "Probe" is to be shot into the moon for Scientific testing !

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yes, it's not a big deal and it's not even the first time it's been done. It's been done many of times.

There are meteors that do far more damage and such. The craters on the moon are evidence to that.

That people here are making such a big deal about it only goes to show the lack of research people here do on topics, as well as highlighting that people exaggerate and base things off their own biases. All one has to do is just a tiny bit of research or just use a tiny bit of common sense to realize the worries are completely unfounded.

All in all it just clouds the topics and diverts attention from real valid issues.

They've done it to much smaller things than the moon. Comets, asteroids, and such. It's kind of become the norm thing to do when a probe is done with it's mission. I wouldn't be surprised if future probes didn't start carrying things just specifically for this purpose in the future.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I am sorry, i could not protest. I wasn't born yet.

en.wikipedia.org...
(look for intent. crash)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Haiku

Japan just did the same thing.

www.aviationweek.com.../KAG061109.xml

Japan's Kaguya moon probe smashed into the lunar surface as planned at 3:25 am JST June 11, concluding a 21-month mission that began with launch on an H-IIA rocket from Tanagashima Space Center on Sept. 14, 2007......

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Haiku

No offense...

But seriously what can we do to the moon that God/Universe hasn't done already?

I mean look at it?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
media.abovetopsecret.com... The People of the Moon and of the lunatic fringe proclaim that space garbage from your planet will no longer be accepted. Furthermore, no probes of any kind will be allowed access. Any craft entering our space will be deemed a foreign invasion and will be dealt with sternly. Those seeking entry for knowledge my pay an exorbitally large fee to our alienagent, debris765nju. IF he approves your purpose, dates and locations you may proceed. If he does not approve for any reason, the fee is NOT refundable. Next!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Haiku

Why expect any? The protests against Bush in 2000 after he was given the presidency by his father, where totally ignored by the media. There is some great footage though of the protests and people throwing eggs at his car.

We are bombarded with so many news stories and messages everyday that most people block them out and go on with their day. Most people are too busy trying to make a living and therefore don't have the time to engage in protest of any kind. When you see a protest on TV it's mostly university students, old hippies/activists, everyone else is at work trying to pay the bills and feed their families.

Keeping people busy scratching out a living is what enables those at the top to stay in power. Keep everyone busy and you've got it made.

new topics

top topics

join