It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie senator: 'Global warming is not real'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Hurricane Katrina is proof of Global warming.

That's one of the sillier things you've said, I think. Even if you believe in the extreme view of climate change, it doesn't cause these immediate weather effects we'd see now, let alone in a way we could predict. In fact, hurricanes are now more mild than they have historically been. There's no way Katrina constitutes proof of any sort of global warming at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by Essan

when one goes against the many, I put my faith in the one.
Obviously he is going against a popular trend which means he is more about truth than point scoring.

When he started, Al Gore - another politician - was going against the many and indeed continued to so so in the USA until fairly recently. So was he right as well?

Frankly, politicians are the very last people on Earth I'd listen to about climate matters. But then, imho, the only difference between a politician and a very badly rotten egg is that it's easier (and more fun) to throw the egg at the politician than the politician at the egg.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Look at the small pacific islands that have abandoned homes because the sea has risen.
[edit on 24-6-2009 by Agit8dChop]

first off hurricane katrina was 1 hurricane...

Even us in australia had a cyclone about 50 years ago that really banged up perth or darwin.... thousands dead, etc...

Secondly...
The Ocean is ALWAYS rising. The ocean used to be 50 meters below where it is now.... Thats what happens when you come out of an ice age.... the ice on the land melts and goes into the ocean raising sea levels... duh

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
Ehh I wish there was some global warming around my parts . Why is it that this global warming happens everywhere but not in my part of the woods
? Why is it that summers here get colder and colder every year for the past few years ?

I thought global warming meant "global" raise of temperatures and not local

Global warming simply means the average temperature across the planet, measured over a climatically significant period (ie not less than 30 years) is rising. However some places will warm more than others and some may even cool. It does not mean everywhere gets warmer - nor does it mean that every year is warmer than the one before. Within a period of global warming or even local warming you can still have your coldest day, month or year on record. Multi-year trends of cooling may occur but with the underlying climatic trend still being upwards. It's quite a complex thing.

Unfortunately the likes of Gore spun a lie to children which painted a very much simplified picture of what global warming meant, and now science is having to clear up the mess he made (and to be fair, the IPCC didn't help matters) and correct people's misunderstandings - which, not surprisingly, have led to them questioning the whole issue of GW.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hello?

Trust your OWN skin!

Do you know HOW HOT it is now?

And all the natural disasters?

When before in human history have there been so many consecutive disasters like a hurricane after a twister after a gale-force wind after a blizzard?

And it's STILL freakin' HOTTER in California and Mexico and Singapore!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh my friggin GOD... How can you say Katrina was a product of AGW????
WAKE UP PEOPLE !!! it's called CLIMATE CHANG !! it happens every couple hundred years (give or take) doesn't anybody remember some years back when they tried to tell everyone we were headed into a mini ice age ??? Now it global warming... It's all a sham.. If you can afford to pay their huge carbon tax than go ahead and believe their trump up story's , I would also like to find someone who can tell me if AGW IS real, then why doesn't the weather channel cover it??? OH, what.. because John Coleman (weather channel founder) knows it's a scam !!

For crist sake people WAKE UP.. it'a all about control and taxation.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There's a reason scientists call it climate change and not global warming. It's a natural cycle the Earth goes through, we can't stop it, but we can speed it up. It's not the only climate change the Earth has been through, or the only type of climate change, OR the last climate change!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I hate how climate change has become so political. It just makes more sense to stop car emissions.

Does it really matter if car emissions are causing climate change? Does that mean we shouldn't go green?

Car emissions have a lot of other negative effects. It effects human health (respiratory illnesses, causes cancer, etc, etc.). It also negatively effects the environment, regardless of climate change.

Going green will create new industry, and create new jobs. How is it beneficial to keep using a resource that causes wars, is finite, etc. I'm sure the people who control oil now find it beneficial for people to focus on this climate change issue. It has become such a diversion, that they will be able to continue making money and exerting control over the people for years to come.

While people can argue that climate change isn't man made, can they really claim that we should keep up with these pollutants?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickmare

Right you are Nickmare, there are so many other reasons to explore alternative energy. Do we really need a pseudo-science make believe political religion to do so? The bad thing is, once this is exposed for the farce that it is (much like eugenics) it will only serve to discredit all the valid research being done.

I mean, in the name of global warming, some schools aren't even teaching kids half the earth science because most of it goes against this theory. For instance, heaven forbid someone walk around thinking the solar cycle might have some impact on climate. Well, I never!!

There is one reason and one reason only for this whole damn thing and that's money. If Al Gore really thought CO2 was bringing the world to the end do you think his power bill would be 17 times more than the average American family? Would he be so quick to jump on the Gulf stream and belch out more CO2 in one trip that the average American does in one year of driving? Look, Al Gore owns a ton of stock in companies that sell carbon credits. This is just one more avenue the government is taking to arrive at the same place they have been planning for years. Total control. Not only over how much we drive but how much we breath.

The scientific fact is, a rise in CO2 is the result of a geologic period called deglaciation. Ice on the surface of this planet is not its default state and nature will slowly but surely return.

..But first, enter the return of the Dalton Solar Minimum and enjoy.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
if anyone ever studied climate change over the earth's long history, they would easily realize that "global warming" is a hoax. it's hard to find the data on the net, so go to the local library. it's very obvious, plain & clear: we are due for an ICE AGE (think 20-30 degrees colder by 2050). "so dress warm".

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG
When before in human history have there been so many consecutive disasters like a hurricane after a twister after a gale-force wind after a blizzard?

How much human history do you know? How much does mankind know? Not enough to be able to make that statement.

When in human history have we been able to record these things instantaneously and simultaneously around the whole globe?

The last 25 years!

When have we decided that the weather is going crazy?

The last 25 years!

When is the last time the global climate has been stable or not changing?

Several billion years ago.. when it didnt exist.

Climate change is fact, Global warming is politically motivated..

Yes, we need get off fossil fuels and move to clean energies but dont fall for the propaganda because the web of lies is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

How So? Katrina was a CAT 3 Hurricane when it hit land near New Orleans, it just happened to hit really close to N.O., you are blaming that on Global Warming, are you? New Orleans was a flood just waiting to happen, ask anybody there if they felt safe if a Hurricane were to hit them straight on.

What about the realatively mild hurricane seasons that have followed Katrina? Are those too signs of Global Warming? You can't have that both ways.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join