It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Sent Letter to Khamenei Before Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It appears Obama sent a letter to Khamenei before the contested elections.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Prior to this month's disputed presidential election in Iran, the Obama administration sent a letter to the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, calling for an improvement in relations, according to interviews and the leader himself.

Nobody can deny that Obama has been doing everything possible to get a meeting with the PTB in Iran. Up to this point they seem unwilling to meet with him.

The Obama administration, while criticizing a violent crackdown on demonstrators by Iranian security forces, has said that it will continue efforts to engage the Iranian government about its nuclear program and other issues touching on U.S. national security.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

It explains his vote of "present" on this issue too. Our prez. is an amateur, he even has all major media networks but one covering for him and he still gets exposed.

Trying to date the enemy. Time for him to come into reality, the current regime in Iran does not want to talk they have stated their mission and they will do anything to advance it. I don't know why he doesn't understand that.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Ace High

It explains his vote of "present" on this issue too. Our prez. is an amateur, he even has all major media networks but one covering for him and he still gets exposed.

Trying to date the enemy. Time for him to come into reality, the current regime in Iran does not want to talk they have stated their mission and they will do anything to advance it. I don't know why he doesn't understand that.

This letter is not the first time he has asked for negotiations with Iran. I think Obama is so convinced in his ability to "smooth talk" that he thinks a quick meeting with Iran will settle this whole nuclear weapons thing.

The more they can delay the better off Iran is.

new topics

join