It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quebec child (Brampton) catches and dies of A/H1N1 in 24 hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
www.thestar.com...

I think it's time to start taking this seriously.

17 more have died in Argentina within the past few days, and all non-emergency surgeries are postponed due to the need for beds.

www.gmanews.tv...

No info in the article as to whether it's the mutated strain or not.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

A bad outcome. This infection is not easily understandible. Condolences to the family of the young child.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Was this disease created in a lab? If it was somebody is guilty of murder.

Didn't the Israelis say "never again", but this is genocide, too.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Dear Lord I can’t even imagine the pain and suffering the parents are going through.
That poor little child.

But, that being said that child is just one of millions dying each day.

It’s a tough thing for me to get all up in tears over a little baby in Canada - who probably never went hungry a day in it’s life, when, there are children dying every second of starvation and being raped to death over some obscure sick rumor raping a virgin will cure AIDS.

Still, I hope the parents can find peace, soon.

As for the virus going pandemic?

We’ll have to wait and see what’s cooked up in the Lab to go along with the new strain that will be coming out shortly this Fall, if you can believe the stories circulating out there.

peace

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

Brampton is in Ontario, just ouside of Toronto. Just a simple mis-read from how the article is written.
Sad to hear, either way.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
man .. we live in a prison ... thats for sure ... MAN , we need to be exterminated ... I just can process all these bad things "we" are doing to each other ... man, this disease is clearly made in a lab ... why the hell this thing is out there ...

I would kill to know the truth ... hahaha

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I was terribly sad to hear of the child's passing, as well- and yes- he is one of many children who die everyday of starvation, AIDS, malaria, etc., but this thread is about flu- and I thought it was relevant to the topic.

I understand how the worldwide flu deaths seem "low", relative to the many diseases that exist in all peoples- they are, indeed, tragedies.

However:

I posted the thread as it shows that the strain is either global in its mutated form; increasing in virulence (or both), and is now taking on the patterns of the 1918 outbreak. I am reading many more reports of someone waking up well, and falling ill and dying in 24-36 hours-children, teens, young adults, elderly, etc.. To me, the sad death of the young child in Canada, in addition to the other cases occuring throughout the world that mimic this pattern give reason for alarm. NOT hysteria- but a mobilization on the parts of the governments, clinics, CDC, WHO- all of us- to raise our level of vigilance. A case like this makes it easy to become UNEASY about feeling a little sick- like you're catching a cold- and wondering how long you should wait to monitor your symptoms. It's going to mean more people who AREN'T sick with flu in the ERs, and more strain on the clinicians who try to treat the real flu cases and prevent deaths. "Voluntary" nurses and doctors are being called in all over the US and UK due to increased hospitalizations. Many of the people who have died in the US (who have been ill for more than a day or two) have been on ventilators, in ICU. ICU units aren't that big- nor are intensivists thick on the ground anywhere- espescially in developing countries- but even at Northwestern or Mass General or Cedars-Sinai.
Buenos Aires hospitals are cancelling elective or non-emergency surgeries due to the need for beds in their hospitals from H1N1, with escalating death rates; deaths are beginning to be reported in the Phillipines, Australia, other South American Countries- as well as in the N. Hemisphere countries. And they are happening more and more quickly. My overall point is that the modality of the outbreak is changing- and if we don't recognize that, we're no better off than we were 100 years ago.

PS- thank you for correcting my geographic thread title. I knew the case was in Ottowa, but read "Quebec" as I was typing- my error- and thank you for the correction. If anyone can tell me how to edit the title, I'd be grateful.

new topics

top topics

join