It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of all places, on ATS we should be able to express freedom of speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
On GameFAQs, it suffers from a very strict moderation team that deletes posts and suspends users ability's to view, to post or even to see the entire site if you say something that disagrees with the moderator's ruling. You can not cuss, you can not discuss any mild sexual material, you can not discuss violence, you can not discuss piracy, you can not discuss certain news articles deemed too violent, and all this on a site that requires you to be OVER 13 to even register?

How ridiculous is that? It's the slaughter of our natural rights that starts here, right here on the internet. Soon saying those things in real life will be picked up on the sensors or the overhead blimps and satellites with audio technology listening to our every word, if we raise our tone or become violent over the telephone or webcam the police will be sent to our location immediately, no longer free to do as we please.

How far away is martial law? Really? Will they begin marking mailboxes certain colors, yellow for safe, and blue for resistance? Could they just drive up to your house and kill all of your family immediately to not even have to deal with the ones willing to rebel? Do they have teams of trained men that are trained to kill in order for martial law to be placed, do they have technology 30 years ahead of the public?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
that doesnt exactly fit with your title. i can see where youre going, you just kinda left what i am assuming your main point is out of your post.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Why complain about the freedom of speech here? It's a private organization. They pay and provide all the work. If you don't like it, don't post.

So unless you're like a majority shareholder in the content provider, you don't have much room to complain about their rules and censorship.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You have no "freedom of speech" when you're posting on someone else's boards.

The right to freedom of speech applies to ATS's freedom to exist, for it's owners to express their views, and to allow it's members to express their own views within the rules set by said owners.

It actually really ticks me off when I see people griping about freedom of speech on any forum (at least when it's directed at the forum) since it shows a rather hefty amount of ignorance towards a very important right.

If you want to exercise your freedom of speech, start your own web page. I don't mean that maliciously or sarcastically. I mean, that's the right granted to you. Crying foul for language filters is like saying saying you are being repressed because it's illegal to spraypaint dirty words on the sides of buildings.

:p

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

They will end up funneling this thread into obscurity by redirecting it to an "ATS Complaints thread" or "ATS Disinfo thread" which is something like 783739812 posts long and hardly anybody reads.

Look at the tactics used on the board, and then read the "Disinfo Recipe" type of websites that outline the methods used to control discourse among groups of people.

Makes me wonder if John Lear is right.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The issue of freedom of speech on ATS is explained here:

Freedom Of Speech, ATS, and Ending The Eternal September

If you still have questions on this issue after reading the linked thread, feel free to comment here:

The ATS Issues Thread

Thank you

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join