It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best optical ilusion I have seen!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I found this on this website, and if it is real, it is truely the best optical illusion I have ever seen

Use .png or .bmp version from this website to test it out because the color is correct on this pic

A few days ago i was sent this amazing illusion (thanks Karen). The illustration below appears to show green and blue spirals…..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0077d702ae81.jpg[/atsimg]

But in fact the apparent green and blue are exactly the same colour! Don’t believe me? Well, I put the image into photoshop and changed all of the other colours to black and you get this…..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/391e656364c9.jpg[/atsimg]

Heres me testing it!

(click to open player in new window)

Pretty amazing! Soooo ATS what do you think?

-E-

[edit on 23-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d3f36275efa.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is is broken apart!

-E-

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow how's that happen?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I believe you are mistaken.

-

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

the best way to find out is print it out then cut samples from the green and blue area then compare

I may be wrong but I call bull

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Here are some of the posts on the website I linked

Tis true….. i just spent 30 mins going over it myself through various image programs and yep, its the same color

I will concede that the bands at the outside are wide enough so that there is significant amounts of same-coloured pixels. So, yeah, after all that, it seems the illusion still ‘works’, and it’s damned good

-E-

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I concur. In Photoshop the eyedropper reads the following values:

Blue spirals R103 G176 B219
Green spirals R80 G226 B99

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I liked this illusion a bit better.

The ball appears to swerve because our peripheral vision system cannot process all of its features independently. Instead, our brains combine the downward motion of the ball and its leftward spin to create the impression of a curve.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hold on i'm about to post proof
Use the .png pic on this website, when you convert to jpg, it messes up. this is the one i use in the video below

This website explains the color dithering issue and provides a pic without it.
Link

Here is a video of me testing it out
I need to fugure out how to post an ATS video

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

-

I believe you are correct, but you could have responded with your reasoning why in that post.

It looks to me that the amount of green pixels is the same in both, but if you look closely, they overlap differently if you follow the lines going around the sections. They don't line up and if you put a yellow over a blue vs. a magenta, you will get the blue and green results as it shows.

The eyedropper test in photoshop for the color values is what tipped me off to look closer at the image. It is quite neat to fool someone that doesn't look close enough at it though.

A_L

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If you stare at the center for 15 minutes without blinking then you will see a picture of the Statue of Liberty.

Excuse me while I go get some eye drops.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here it is!

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
the green is over laid on the orange..Thats the only spiral that dosnt have orange..And when you mix orange and green? blue..of course..

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
While we wait for the explanation please enjoy ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4272740cd3f8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

If I look at your picture upside down, I wonder If it will reverse direction.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
When I remove the other colors the blue and green are both a shade of green and if you use the eyedropper towards the middle of each you will see they are the same color. Towards the edges you still get a little of the pink and orange and that is why the values are different.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Good 1 schro Dog! The video is up now

-E-

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yea, the colors are definitely the same. It's not like the website would be lying to you.

If you want to test it, you can use photoshop and the eyedropper, but what I did was just look at the green bands then the "blue" bands very close up to the monitor. You just need to be close enough to see the individual pixels to see the real color (which is green) so that the colors in between the blue swirls make it look like the swirls are blue, when in fact they are green.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but this is just a ridiculous 'illusion'. If you zoom right in on the image you see what's really going on. The blue spirals have green in the centre with a blue stroke. The green spirals have no stroke and as mentioned have orange in the middle.

Using the eyedropper, the centre rows of the blue spirals have average levels of G200 B175. So yes, it's more green, but it's a very blue green. The centre rows of the green spirals have average levels of G215 and B100. Yes, still green, but a much less blue green.

I cbf making a video, but I'm looking at the image at 700% and using the eyedropper info on Photoshop CS4. Also, if you use the colour replace tool, and gradually expand the colour range you are replacing to include all of the colours between the spirals, you will end up with distinctly blue and green spirals.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
While we wait for the explanation please enjoy ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4272740cd3f8.jpg[/atsimg]

omg man..this is 100% cool...am i wrong or none of these atcually move?..this is amazing

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join