It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open your eyes before you die......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is probably as deep as any MC has ever gone.

Immortal Technique telling it like it is.........

Edit to add - Thank you for the advice Mirthful, I did rush this a little. I will be more careful in the future.

IT is a lyrical weapon. He is a true soldier of the revolution and is one of the few well known MCs who hasn't sold his soul to the major labels in exchange for some blood diamonds and flash ride.
He takes to the streets and organises at a grass roots level and still only charges $15-$20 for a show. Just recently he was over in Afghanistan helping to rebuild schools for the children.
The guy is a revolutionary messiah in the likeness of Malcom X, Martin Luther King and Tupac. Pac was solid, with a black panther upbringing but it seemed he got a little blinded by the bling along the way.

IT has not and will not make that mistake. He is uncompromising in his vision, mission and sound. He has a talented crew of like minded MCs rolling with him (Akir, Diabolic etc) and you know they will be coming on strong this year and the next. Viva la Revolucion!

Open your eyes before you die.

"We've arrived from every corner of the planet to this nation to seek the fulfillment of a promise of America. We were promised a better life in our home countries, where we were told that privatizing, war and electricity would make things run more efficiently. Instead, the quality remained almost the same and the price was increased until it became an unaffordable luxury.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 23/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 24/6/09 by vehemes terra eternus]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Star and Flag for you!!!!

That was DEEP!!!

I really enjoyed reading this...

So real

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
yup. There you go. Not a rap fan but totally love that song. Let us keep peeling the proverbial onion here. Truth, truth, and truth again. Good post. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

Please endure my addition here. There is nothing that should separate any of us, period. The separation theory has been tried and proved as false doctrine. Hate, separation, fear, and pain are the past. Let us move forward together, in one humanity, not joined by a government or ideal but by our understanding of being all one at heart.

Stop the wars! Stop the fear! Let us all live or die together in our own peace.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Nice find OP! I thought I was the only one who listened to Immortal Technique around here. To all of those not familiar with IT get his Third World album and do what I do, aside from listening to it alone all the time, put it in your car stereo whenever you know there will be anyone else in the car with you. I've done this numerous times and each time my friends would love the beats and take notice to the song. By the time it's over they ask "is he for real?" IT has an uncanny ability to lull sleeping listeners into submission and hit them with a well articulated dose of reality. A couple people have actually gone as far as borrowing my Zeitgeist dvd after hearing IT. Music moves the soul, and IT's words motivate.

Thank you for posting.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I created a thread today about the same thing, found here, encapsulated in a lecture by Noam Chomsky on class warfare, who's doing it, and why. Please, if this video concerns you, check out this thread as well, because it will open your eyes.

Edit to add: Here's an excerpt from a great documentary called "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room", which explains what Immortal Technique is talking about (in case you didn't know).

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The music and the words definitely did not go together and got very annoying after a few min.

But overall it had a good meaning behind it.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hey all, thank you for the replies. Tis an awesome track huh.

Good to hear you enjoyed the read buttercookie

Hey Chemley, I too have friends who aren't rap fans but love Immortal Technique. I think his style is better defined as hardcore revolutionary hiphop.
I agree! One people, one movement, one heart, one love, one spark, one one one.......

Neverslaves, haha I do the same thing! His lyrics and direct message have definitely helped me to speed up the awakening process with my friends, good stuff

Kaytagg, thank you for the Enron clip, I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Those greedy bastads!
I have a mission on now but I will check out your thread when I return, cheers

Bobbylove, usually his lyrics and beats flow flawlessly but this was one song (like Poverty of Philosophy) where it was not supposed to. The emphasis is on the message.

Peace n Love n Revolucion!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I would also love to hear about any other music with a similar train of thought. Doesn't matter if it's hip hop or drum n bass........ peace

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There's a ton of different tunes you can check out that cover similar themes.

Check out:

HED (pe)'s last two albums: Insomniac and New World Orphans.

Flobots: Fight with Tools

311's Continuous Life from Transistor

BoySetsFire: Misery Index, Tomorrow Comes Today

INNERPARTYSYSTEM - Don't Stop is amazing and should be the official song of the revolution in my opinion. The video is great too. *Linked or embedded below, but may be disabled.

I would love to see this thread turn into a music suggestion site, I'm always on the look out for revolution rock anthems.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSlaves

holy cow. That was intense. Good stuff! Now I have to un-eff my brain. Thanks!

top topics

join