It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Venus Project .. simple question(s)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
First up if you dont know what I'm talking about check out this guy www.youtube.com...

Its an idea for a moneyless society basically.

A few questions on the Venus project. Take carrots, potatoes or rice to choose some very few examples name one way we can completley automate one of their productions without people being involved - or how about a problem in the sewer? whos going to fix it? a robot? i have not heard of a sewer cleaning robot that has Ai, what about roads that need to be fixed? Nano tech? Not here to that extent yet afaik. Also doctors and nurses for example, are they just going to give their study and time for free, when they could hang out and do nothing? Things could become very un professional very fast in those professions without proper incentives. I'm sorry but the incentive to help our human brothers and sisters just wont cut it, not very many humans are like that. Dont get me wrong, I Love the idea and i DO think its possible!! BUT ONLY when technology is sophisticated enough! Alas it is not - not yet. Maybe in 100 or 200 years when nano tech and AI get to a sufficient level as to be able to pretty much replicate stuff like on star trek or close enough to it. It dosnt take long to hit walls with this Idea, but I Love the idea and wish we could live in a world like it.

Ok so there is technologies for renewable energies and yes we should at least be using them now, they are starting the transfer and its getting a bit cheaper, but it aint gonna be free either.

A complete simulated working model for a self sustained city of 1 million people in the middle of the desert or on an island somewhere, would be a good start. Talk and books and ideas are start enough but applying ideas is a different story.

A penny for your thoughts? (oh thats not enough incentive?) hehe

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Boostah]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
After watching the video it seems that the project never got anywhere. Sad!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
IDK if you have seen it yet but future by design covers mr. fresco
also seen on Zeitgeist Addendum
all in all i think making a separated city or town would be so difficult to do b/c first you would need to avoid scrutiny from society
i personally think the Infowar must come before Z-day

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
When I first read of the Venus Project I loved it, and still do. But the greatest obstacle is our minds. Our ideals of what life is meant to be would need to change drastically. We are a "survival" species as all others, survival and a Utopian society do not mix, for the fact that we are selfish.

The innate selfishness in us would need to go and our sense of community service would need revamped. In my opinion this Venus society is so far ahead of it's time that we are a millenia from achieving something like this.

We would literally need reprogrammed emotionally.

new topics

top topics

join