It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA moon bombing found in Revelation 8:12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So will the impact unleash events that will take place at a latter date or will the impact itself fulfill this part of Revelation?

I guess we're all gonna find out.

What is the third part of the moon?

Revelation 8:12
And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

bibleresources.bible.com... ion3=0&version4=0&version5=0&Submit.x=35&Submit.y=8

LCROSS and its attached Centaur upper stage rocket separately will collide with the moon at approximately 7:30 a.m. on Oct. 9, 2009, creating a pair of debris plumes that will be analyzed for the presence of water ice or water vapor, hydrocarbons and hydrated materials. The spacecraft and Centaur are tentatively targeted to impact the moon's south pole near the Cabeus region. The exact target crater will be identified 30 days before impact, after considering information collected by LRO, other spacecraft orbiting the moon, and observatories on Earth.

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So what happened to the third of the sun and stars? They seem fine to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
So what happened to the third of the sun and stars? They seem fine to me.

You mean will happen.

The moon bombing hasn't occurred yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It seems like that verse states that visibility of the sun moon and stars would be reduced by one third.
This is more likely something that would happen if there were a great deal of dust in the earths atmosphere. That could be due to a series of major volcanic eruptions that puts enough superfine dust very high into the atmosphere to reduce visibility by a third.

The moon test is interesting but it wouldn't account for the sun and stars even if the moon had been obscured. There is no atmospere on the moon so any debris kicked up by the impact wouldn't have anything to suspend it for long so it probably won't be enough to alter visibility of the moon.

Interesting idea though.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

As the late great John Lear told us, the moon's gravity is quite a bit higher than we are allowed to believe.

That means that the dust and debris should not stay in the moon's atmosphere very long at all.

It will be interesting to watch.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think it is cool to try to find scripture to match up to present day advents, But I do not see this one matching up to well here.

BTW In the book of Revelations The (sun) refers to Christ, the (moon) refers to the Bride, and last but not least the (stars) refer to the prophets to the gentile dispensation. All of the types, symbols, and analogy in the book of revelations has to be decoded by using the whole bible as a key. For example the olive tree or olive branch is a type of Israel. Look at all of the scriptures referring to the olive tree or branch put Israel in it's spot and it makes perfect scene and you will see present day prophecy fulfilled.

Best Regards
The_Tick!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Guys, they are NOT bombing the moon. They are launching a penetrating probe that is going to do legitimate scientific research.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
oh! one more thing. The first chapter in Revelations gives a very excellent example of the decoding proses that is required to understand this great book.
Now please do not take me for an expert but I have put much time and study in to this great book scribed by John and authored by Christ himself as He so made known.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Haha wow anyway my first question is irrelevant because it was posted in the first post, wow sorry my mind is else where.
So sorry about that.

Anyway I find this int interesting but sometimes it seems as if you can find almost an explanation or revelation about anything in the bible.

With these types of things only time will tell.

I wonder if there are any other premonitions about this event?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by pop_science]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
Sorry to ask such a stupid question but when it this going to take place?
I did a search on google and can't seem to find the date and time.

It was in the first post that I made.

7:30 a.m. on Oct. 9, 2009

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Tick

Now please do not take me for an expert but I have put much time and study in to this great book scribed by John andauthored by Christ himself as He so made known.

I almost choked on my pie from laughing after reading that.
I think the OP is clutching at straws and it shows, to me, how much of the Bible is open to interpretation and that when the cranks and crackpots get to do the interpretation we get silly things like this.

I'm not concerned at all. I think it is a fascinating example of science and the possibility of finding out important information far outways the ramblings of a (as it appears) drug-addled nomad writing about desert cults and cetera.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This may be of interest to some of you.

From the Quran.
Sign of the last days.

[54:1]: “The moon has split and the hour has drawn closer”

I think when it says split it may mean dig. It depends on the translation.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

I think the OP is clutching at straws and it shows, to me, how much of the Bible is open to interpretation and that when the cranks and crackpots get to do the interpretation we get silly things like this.

NO one realy knows what the bible says. Athough some are more versed than others. That's why there are 38,000 different brands of christianity floating around.

It is open to intrepretation.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Bomb or probe? c'mon I think you're reaching now, there is a huge difference between nasa launching a moon probe and nasa bombing the moon. I know some of these scientist are out there, but not that far yet that they would bomb the moon as any reduction to the moon's mass would most likely cause massive changes in gravity here on earth.

Also I really love it when someone uses the bible to make their theory come out the way they want it, usually though by taking a verse or verses out of context therby changing the concept of the original writing.
Kinda like in this case. A third of the Moon, Stars and Sun will be blotted out so that their light does not shine on us; several things can cause this, volcanoes, large or multiple meteorites hitting the ground, even war(possibly nuclear), but bombing the moon in my opinion would blot out the entire moon, and change the stars we see and how much sunlight we recieve just by the gravitational difference the earth would experience.
Digg deeper OP

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

It is open to intrepretation.

That's what i mean. you can pretty much draw any conclusion you wish, to fulfill any agenda.

I wonder why 'god' didn't use plain language. Was it because it didn't actually want us to know facts and thought that faith was a much better way of keeping us in thrall?

Written by men with overactive imaginations and a will to control others, that's my take.

The zombie stories are great fun though!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

If that is so, please explain why Bible "codes" consistently fail to materialize, aside from the dubious claim Eliahu Rips made regarding Yitzhak Rabin's murder.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
For christ sake this is a waste of your time...

Oh and Nasa aren't bombing the Moon, they're crashing a probe into it for scienfic research.

You can't even get the facts straight, and make some half ar*ed analysis from a vague story in the bible. Come on, give me a bloody break!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

late great John Lear

John is dead?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
This may be of interest to some of you.

From the Quran.
Sign of the last days.

[54:1]: “The moon has split and the hour has drawn closer”

I think when it says split it may mean dig. It depends on the translation.

The crescant moon and the pentagram are well know islamic symbols.

I was quite astounded when I learned that Islam has a very detailed science when it comes to mapping the moons position.

Qur'an, Surah 32:5

He regulates the affair from the heaven to the earth; then shall it ascend to Him in a day the measure of which is a thousand years of what you count.

Translations of Qur'an, Surah 32:5
www.usc.edu...

The video details why Islam may have been tasked with mapping the moons location.

I beleive that the penatgram originates from the precession of Venus around earth.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Bible codes are just random occurrences that occasionally match up to words. You can find these in any book. If you search long enough in any large texts not even sticking to one pattern, they search with a different number letter spacings until they find what they want. And still it doesn't happen. And these idiots can't even explain why anyone would put them in a book in that particular order or orientation anyway. What a waste of time, people who believe in bible codes are really really stupid.

Anyway don't get me started about some stupid things people believe in, (I won't say god because I don't want to start a riot lol) but I'll just mention one other that I found even funnier than bible codes that took me 5 secs of thinking using common sense to work out - insects caught on camera with time exposure causing stretched shape that fools call rods. Hahahahahaha!!!

Anyway the bible code stuff is obviously what I just described in the first paragraph and a few seconds of using common sense tells you this.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by john124]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join