It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Twitter?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Hi Jess;
When you Follow ATS on Twitter you not only receive 5000 points, but you get a "Great" list of people to follow.

So...by using that resource you gain alot of people to follow by raiding the
follow/s list of ATS. most people at ATS, if you follow them, they will follow you as well.

..and then it grows from there by raiding lists and searching.

If you like you and others can come raid my list and follow me

Utopian_Penguin

Twitter is great when you have an active follow list.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I twitter now thanks to THe Utopian Penguin
I had one and didnt use it but now I do...It's actually fun and less annoying than myspace..I will add you OP to my twitter list.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So, Chissler, anyone interesting you've found on Twitter? I saw you follow PTI. I follow them and Around The Horn. Tony Reali is on there a lot.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I love Twitter. People who think it's just a bunch of people saying they're going to the bathroom or watching TV are clueless. You can get news, updates on every sports game in the planet, pictures from events as they happen, and a bunch of stuff you can follow. Type anything into the search and there's hundreds of people talking about it. Shows, movies, events, whatever.

Enjoies05's longest post ever!

And it's about Twitter ...

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Btw, ya'll can follow me (when I get around to twitting sometin') at "schrodidog"

[edit on 26 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Yeah I'm a huge fan of PTI and Around the Horn.

I like John Mayer and he seems to be pretty active on twitter. But I truly underestimated what a huge source of information twitter is.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
reply to post by enjoies05

Yeah I'm a huge fan of PTI ...

Ha, big Tony K. fan here too.

Actually met him a couple of times at charity events here in DC. Great guy and even funnier in person. Curses like an Alaskan fisherman.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

yeah? His on-screen rapport with Wilbon is second to none on television. As informative they are with current sporting news, it is 30 minutes full of laughs as well. On top of that, they are completely respectful to the sports, the athletes and those behind the scenes.

30 minutes of television I rarely miss. If I miss the episode, I throw the podcast on my iPod.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
what I want to know is how to tweet using text messages. I cant for the life of me figure it out.

That would save me some time.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Hmmm I really must be getting old... As I took a long break from the PC world, and the online realm. As now adays its true a world of its own.

When I was growing up we didnt have the internet.. Not until I was about 17. Then around 18 I got a computer and started this whole ordeal.. But I dont want to get into my lifes story.. This is about "Twitter".

Twitter seemed to explode onto the scence while I was off travling and away from the computer.. Any computer. I heard alot about Twittering and such in my travles.. I didnt even have a cell phone at the time..
Just me some clothes.. A passport, and TP!!!

Now it seems everyone is Twittering.. I might try it sometime.. But right now for me.. I will just stick with what I know..
And I know Im getting old.. LOL its funny really when I think about it..

So twitter me this.. Is it like an instant messaging deal?
Or like an instant blogging / IM service?

Zy5

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

So twitter me this.. Is it like an instant messaging deal?
Or like an instant blogging / IM service?

Twitter is the world of one line blogging. It's like someone got pissed at ATS's rule against one liners and decided to make a service entirely dedicated to one line messages.

It's completely random, it's chaotic, I have no freaking clue how to manage it or what usefulness it could serve other than to bitch about whatever your doing at the moment.

Typical tweet: I just took an enormous dump and I feel 10 pounds lighter!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'd have to disagree with that being a "normal" tweet.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yeah, I twitter. Hit me up at twitter.com/ATScooby

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ha, big Tony K. fan here too.

I love PTI also. But I am afraid to say it is all about Mike Wilbon. Just because he backs up the Philly Eagles. lol

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'll add here, Now that Ive added my twitter page on page 1 (doh!) im getting ATsers rqst to follow which is great!, it would be great if you add you ATS name to your profile as another user name, that way happy to follow back always

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I see.. Well thanks for the info there.. Sounds to me as if tweeting.. Or twittering is the new thing now a days.. For those one liner need to get off your chest kind of moments..

When I was out of the country there was talk of people in meetings, and press cons not paying attention to what was going on and twittering to whom ever.. Seemed kinda funny to me.. Its the president of the USA, everyone twitter and ignore him. hehe.. Guess thats old news.. But never did get to mention that...

If I was to make a twitter it would be a one liner as followed....

If you go to asia.. Be sure to bring TP!!! Their BR's don't come standard with TP!! LOL...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If anyone from here has added me to twitter and your twitter account is of a different name than your ATS account, please let me know. I am following back all of the ATS members that I get, but I've got several from others with full names. I've noticed a bit of spammers adding me so I haven't followed these unknowns back.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I love my twitter!
But everything on mine is private. Because I don't want stalkers, you see?
You can U2U and ask to follow, though.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I use my twitter to post random lyrics of the song I'm listening to at the moment.

That's about 95% of tweets. I sometimes switch it up, but not very often.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I tweet , almost daily.
Funny..I have Oprah on mine and she calls us "Tweeple"..better than being called a "Twit" I suppose.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how to find people on there, so if either of you guys would like to add me, please do and I'll follow in return. If your twitter account is something other than your ATS name, just give me a heads up so I know it's not a spammer.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join