It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu goes from Mexico to middle of nowhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

ABORIGINAL people swamped their local clinic in the remote community of Kiwirrkurra yesterday, desperate for answers about how swine flu was transmitted to the most remote indigenous community in Australia.

West Australian health authorities flew yesterday morning to the tiny community of 150 people - more than 600km west of Alice Springs in the Gibson Desert - taking swabs from those showing More..flu symptoms and distributing antiviral medication.

www.liveleak.com...

So how does the swine flu get to these people? It makes no sense to me. I mean if it is a flu then how could these people get this if they had no contact??? Something very strange with this.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This could the break in the case we need? with such a small population it'll be easy to sit them all down and question them as to who has been out the Village? /Town. If no one then someone must have come into the village.

A stranger will be picked out quite easy. Unless the town has regular traffic and the Virus could have easily been passed that way.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Not sure if you're familiar with remote Australia, but its very likely that the locals caught the virus from Ayers Rock pub. The communities are dry out there, so if the locals want a drink they actually have to drive for a few hours to Uluru, as its the closest place which is able to sell alcohol.

Combine that with the large number of tourist numbers that pass through that region daily, and you have an increase in the likelihood of catching the swine flu virus.

By the way, there's more out that way then you think. Lots of 4WD tracks and remote gorges, mountains and even Giles Meteorological station.

So thats my theory

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51503ef3c01c.jpg[/atsimg]

It could be mixed into particles that are expelled from the planes and fall to earth. From there it gets into every aspect of the environment: soil, water, plants and animals.

Or alternatively, some critter traveled from an infected area. Possibly a bird, reptile or fish and it got passed on from there?

There are other possibilities too, I just listed what came to mind

new topics

top topics

join