It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the European Union is so quiet about this ? Warning: GRAPHIC

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinni
Just looks like tasty food to me mate. Come on people need food, so what if a school of dolphin (is that right? Are they a school?) are killed, they're going to good use. Filling our hungry bellys.

You make me sick.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
so the dolphins are being killed....i don't see the problem i eat dead animals every day for lunch and dinner. had a delicious pot roast just tonight.

do they still make dolphin tuna? maybe i'll make a sandwich.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
you know what i really hate is spiders, they should round those things up and kill em. creepy little buggers when i was a little kid i had spider nightmares.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
youtube has removed that video for terms of use violation, in other words Google censorship.

on another note, dolphins are the only other mammal that has sex for pleasure rather than solely procreation.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

UPDATE:

I have received an answer that the European Ombudsman is not responsible for these kind of matters and i await redirection to the proper European authority.

I will keep you posted.

GTG

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

This is just garbage.

How could they do this?

I saw a similar situation in Japan, complete with horrible horrible video.

This is just terrible.

It's too bad the real Godzilla can't rise from the sea and protect these poor defenseless animals.

Goddamn humans think they own the world.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We doown the world, # a seal, a dolphin, and all the other critters on this planet.

I would eat Dog if it tasted good.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodFella
IMO if you eat meat of any kind you have no right to protest agains this.
Why is it ok to slaughter cows, chickens, pigs etc., but not whales?

By eating meat you are supportive of animal slaughter (and i say this as a meat eater).

I understand your point, really I do. But I can't quite say that I agree with it. Your logic is sound enough--I eat meat as well--but the opposition to this has less to with logic than it does cultural taboos.

Taboos are things that are embedded in a society by the sheer force of time.

It might be hypocritical, but I "get it."

I'm an American and have qualms about eating chicken, beef, turkey, pig, various seafood...even veal, lamb and goat...

I would, however, NOT eat a dog or a cat (and probably not whales either) unless my life depended on it.

What all these people who oppose need to appreciate is the same reason they find this whale culling so abhorrent is the same exact reason why some people find it acceptable: because of how and where they were raised.

I find the act short of heinous but far from acceptable, but I won't judge people as long as they're not hunting these animals to extinction...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is sad, insane...Barbaric..and not acceptable...

I am sick of my fellow Humankind destroy nature and slaughtering innocent animals..

I am a meat eater..but i am sick of it..i am turning vegetarian sometime in the future...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Sadly I have an answer -

We aggressively waste and wantonly exploit EVERY FRIGGING good thing we've ever had. Including our own people.

And btw, I agree in part, with some of the other posters' comments re: how is this atrocity any different than MANY others. For example, are you aware that the McDonald's burger you might eat might actually created prepared using the following methods:

Entire "herds" of legless cattle are being genetically engineered to live, like larva, never being grazed or let loose - they cannot even walk. They are bred in small, coffin-size containers where they are supplemented with nutrients, antibiotics and steroids through tubes, until they are mature enough to be slaughtered. (That's one of the "newer" solutions to the growing mass production problems related to livestock). Often these animals, raised for the sole purpose of being butchered for our benefit, are treated in so many inhumane ways you can't even IMAGINE. It's called "Factory Farming" - if you REALLY want to understand how what you eat GETS made - do some research. But if you have a weak stomach or an active "compassion gene" - be prepared to do a lot of crying and a lot of vomiting as you discover how our food is "prepared". (Btw, I no longer eat anything that is factory farmed - working my way up to just naturally grown food eventually I hope)

Factory Farming - *warning: not easy to digest (no pun intended) for anyone with a sense of compassion, dignity or respect for creatures other than ourselves.

We've LOST completely, the one thing that is supposed to quote/unquote "separate us from the animals" - by becoming monsters that I'm guessing even the most horrific writers of that genre couldn't have imagined - we have lost any semblance we might have once had to - OUR HUMANITY.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Those are mammals. They do not have scales. You are not suppose to eat those!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The irony of it all. The dolphins come to this area because they are able to "trap' their feed in this bay. The Danish are just using that fact to trap them for their feed. Why is it so wrong to trap and kill dolphin when the dolphins themselves trap and kill all sorts of ocean critters in order to survive themselves. It is called a food chain. I swear 80% of the people on this site are braindead. If you don't eat animals of any kind then I feel you have a right to compain. Otherwise most of you are way out of line.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So is this ill tragedy happening again this year?
I sure hope not....

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join