It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the European Union is so quiet about this ? Warning: GRAPHIC

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Dear OP. you seem like a genuine nice and concerned person, ill give you that.
Nevertheless your Original post and parts of your reply to me shows a level
of ignorance, wich to me is unbelivable considering the fact that you seem kind of intelligent, if you infact are a high ranking animal protectionist in greece.
i suggest that you stick to starting treads on subjects that you got knowledge on. Where are your treads on the greek dog problem that you seem to be involved in?
i Quote you: Your third link leading to a YouTube video is a sad story that came to be known around Greece and caused the outrage of every Greek person. Its a true story, but again it is not representative.

Its not representative you say! but you had absolutely no trouble connecting 5 million danes with a traditional killing of whales for food, going on several thousands Km's from our borders. And committed by a people that we the danes only have little or no contact with.

Write to the european ombudsman all you want, i wish you luck, but seeing how little that you actually know of the matter. my gues is that you will only waste the time of the system that could be used on actual problems.
But you might make their day, giving them a good laugh!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Oh and i did read your SECOND post! if you had read mine you would have read this and i quote myself: i have nothing against greeks, i just hate how they treat animals FOR FUN!!! no eating involved here.just pure lust for suffering.i hope taht it makes you proud of being Greek.end quote.
That would indicate a direct reply to your second post! and only adds to your ignorance.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Slaughtering and killing allways look bad. That is why most of us only buys our meat readily sliced in sealed packages, so that we do not have to see the actual killing. As long as they do the slaughtering inside buildings hidden for public view we feel fine. We eat our meat without the slightest thought for the animal.

There is no wrong in eating meat. Most of the population do. We walk in shoes made from the animals, we use belts and pocketbooks and bags without the slightest thought for the animal.

In fact, we live as far as possible from our previous generations that had to do the slaughter themselves. With or without respect or thoughts for the animal.

We still eat our meat, wear our boots without a thought for the animal.

For the animal;
Is it best to be locked their whole life into cages before they were to be food for humans,
or is it best to live free in their natural environment until the day they were caught, before they ended up on our dinner tables?

We still eat our meat, but isn't it about time we gave the animals a thought of love and respect.
What about a thought and a thank you to the animal that gave us our meal.

Is a schrimp a less value of life than a cow, or whale? Who decides?
Killer whales eat other whales. Do you want to hold those in captivity so that we can control their diet? Blood mixed with water allways give a dramatic look. Is this much worse than the blood we don't see when we get other people to do our killing? We still eat our meat.

It's allways easy to critisize what we see in the open. Do we really care what goes on between closed doors? We still eat our meat.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Seing as this thread has "derailed" abit, towards a more philosophical discussion of animal welfare I want to add a little tidbit me and my girlfriend discussed the other day after a short holiday in Spain.

Now, to start with let me state that animal cruelty is in no way defendable, but then again it has to be seen in historical context, as well as a traditional context.

What we argued was the case of bull-fighting in Spain. Yes it is cruel, and yes it is quite pointless, but IT IS ALSO a "vital" part of Spanish history and tradition, and alas, you very rarely see it discussed as animal cruelty.
My point being that, while certain things might conflict with our "modern day" views on morale and ethics, certain things are deeply rooted in tradition, and might not be easily comprehended by outsiders.

This post might conflict a bit with what I said earlier in this thread, but I just wanted to give my opinion on the subject as a whole.

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Emiiiiiil

Emiiiiiil,

i am not a high ranking animal protectionist in Greece.
I was just asked to join my individual aid to that of the Animal rescue based in my city.

Participating in ATS does not require perfect knowledge of all situations reffered to. If that was the case ATS would not be needed/required/succesfull, nor a place of discussion.
Another point is that neither of us is perfect so do not expect people or me to be 100% perfect. If in fact you are then i congratulate you.

I am not going about to defend myself. Its not the scope of this thread or my being in ATS. Moreover i am free to start whatever thread i like that is within ATS T&C. You can keep your perfect suggestions for yourself and quit derailing this thread.

If you want to make a contribution for or against the real problem under discussion here then feel free to do so.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Why is it ok to slaughter cows, chickens, pigs etc., but not whales?

By eating meat you are supportive of animal slaughter (and i say this as a meat eater).

Cows and pigs arn't as intelligent as dolphines.
In my experience cows lead good lives that are often improved by man. Sadly this is not always the case of pigs as someone invented "intensive-battery" pork farming, yet pigs can learn over 800 words, whilst a sheep dog can only do 250.

I never eat chicken as it's so much death for so little meat, and because most chicken meat comes from "hell on earth" i.e. a life where imprison does not allow life, and where they would almost completely be better of dead than alive, and therefore have nothing to owe mankind, or indeed our act of eating. That's when it wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
my god...............

when will people learn......we need to stop killing sOOO much. we need to stop ending life and help create it. save help it.

Those pics are horrifying. and they break international laws too.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwannaseethisshipgodown
we all need to die and i'm happy to die as long as we all die. we don't deserve to be here when this # happens.
the forces of the universe cant allow this so come on forces get it done kill us all before we kill everthing else.

I feel the same way exactly! If god/aliens/whatever destroyed this planet, who could blame them for all the atrocities that are/have been going on. It makes me ashamed to be a member of the human race. We suck! I looked at the pictures and decided there was no way I could watch the video, I was already way too pissed off.

JMO

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodFella

Chicken, pigs, and cows taste much better for one point.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Second point, what about the mass murder of broccoli everyday all around the world? We rip there stalks and digest them raw! Murderous people! These whales surely never killed and ate another creature to survive.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

And no one says anythign about the little humans ripped from the wombs of living mothers. i'm not talking aboiut Africa, I'm talking about hat happens in our own countries. Lets post some photos of that and video showing babies wriggling in buckets in the final throes of death. Let's see who justifies that yet is against killing dolphins because some of you are out there against this dolphin slaughter as you should be, but you are still hypocrites if you agree with abortion. man can justify anything. If you can justify killing the unborn you can justify killing an animal. maybe the killer of the unborn is an animal?
Now i've opened a can of worms!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Off topic...

Why don't make a thread on abortions?
You seem very passionate about the matter.
In every case its not a large scale problem (at least over here) nor are humans an endangered species...yet.

Besides that i share your frustration as many members of society ignore some problems just because they do not comprehend them 100% or because they are too distant.

If you are frustrated try to make a change. For starters you could make a thread as i previously suggested...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So is there a video of the danish being hacked up yet?
I want to see that video.

You kill, you should be killed in the same manner.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i think they do this on a yr to yr base, in the hope the fishing in the area will improve

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by talon

Meaning they do it once a year or once every two years?
My info says otherwise.
Some member commended that it happens everyother time a floch passes by. Fishermen gather uppon notice to fish and make some kind of male initiation...
Propably twice a year or more at times...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Critical_Mass

WHAT
So I guess your grocery store people should be killed
and the farmers before them
and any hunters in the neighbourhood
Did you think before you write? They are killing whales for the benefit of the whole society

Besides you cannot kill a Norseman

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just looks like tasty food to me mate. Come on people need food, so what if a school of dolphin (is that right? Are they a school?) are killed, they're going to good use. Filling our hungry bellys.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Japanese whalers are planning to harpoon up to 50 humpback whales for the first time since hunting the endangered species was banned in 1963.

Japanese fishermen have defended their right to hunt and kill thousands of dolphins as their annual six-month killing season begins.

The filleted carcasses were discovered near Concarneau, a port in Brittany whose main source of income is fishing and fish processing. Most likely the dolphins were caught in drift nets or trawls as bycatch and then slaughtered.

the sad thing is this will never stop.....i was in OZ in 2005 and saw the whaling protests on there tv ( never seen it in the UK) every september japan goes out and slaughters thousands of whales and dolphins and it still goes on in other countries.... if this is being human its messed up

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by major care

Unfortunately what you are saying is true and practiced in a massively larger scale than the one depicted in my thread.

I thought of starting small and see how it goes the incentive being the email i received and my natural reaction to it...

I guess not all may be inclined to that sort of reaction as some posts show.
I respect that but i feel its largely due to lack of information, probably education and inevitably inability of judgement based on a faulty/manipulated perspective. Sounds harsh i know but anyone seeing the larger picture would agree.

I just do not get it how these world alliances and rules are made.
The lack of depth in belief/necessity in those rules by politicians is probably to blame, forming a fake system that makes trade off in favour of profit and international logistics. The whole thing is a joke and its not easy to go round it no matter how good the intentions are.

This is no excuse and efforts must be maintain towards the safekeeping of our environment.

A sad story i am trying to better...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey there.

Star for your thread.

I am absolutely raging! The contempt I now feel towards such members of my own species for their barbaric mentality now consumes me.

Without loading a weapon, taking the law into my own hands & laying down my life for those dolphins I don't know what to do, I don't know what more to say, I feel deeply saddened & realise conveying my own hatred achieves nothing.

I call out to all members of higher existence, bring intervention to the planet now!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join