It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse.gov gets UFO and Birth certificate questions and press has a good laugh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I love this line

“The U.F.O. thing is healthy,” said Micah L. Sifry, the editor of TechPresident.com, a blog on politics and the Internet. “It’s weird there are some groups of people obsessed with it, but it’s a democracy, and you can’t make them go away.”

And the final 6 words made me think " not without raising suspicions anyway..."

Yes there are a LOT of people interested in the UFO culture, but again this article is just another attempt at making those like us a laughbale curiosity in the publics eye. " Ha Ha , look at the weirdos mummy, aren't they silly for not towing the governments line and having free thoughts", " yes they are my little bundle of state sanctioned joy, all hail the glorious leaders".

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
While I do not believe in any of the UFO stories posted here, even if "one" is true...

I still believe in life outside earth, and that the chances are still there - and if ANYONE knows something, it would be the government.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Lets give my friend Juston some credit too, he posted the article before I did in another forum found here

-E-

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The point was brought up already in the first post. If the web site is flooded with UFO etc questions then that is what they should address. I find it extremely aggravating. The gov't is supposed to work FOR US. However politicking has become the priority these days. If we could get someone in office who didn't give a $hit if they were re-elected and just did the work of the people.

Honestly, could we expect anything less from the Newspapers. Look at the complete nonsense these papers have reported starting with the presidential election. There is a reason why independant reporting like Pacifica Radio and Democracy Now news are so popular right now. These public funded projects are going to keep growing because it is the only way people can get the real news anymore. When corporations run/influence the government and the media both at the same time, how can you lend them any credability?

This is where we have a voice. The web is a tool of the people. That is why the secret gov't/puppeteers are thrashing around right now. They are losing the grip they have had over the people for centuries.

We all know that the UFO subject is suicide for politicians. Either politically or personally. We just need someone who has a scientific background grab the attention of the president. Stanton Freedman presents his educated opinion an objective manner. Perhaps he would be a good choice.

This is the forum of the people and we will continue in this way. Eventually there will be so much corroborating data that the subject cannot be ignored. Look at what happened to the 911 story. The internet generation was able to collect data from many sources and rearrange it to tell a different story than the official one. This caused other scientists to look into the story. Now we have MANY credible scientists working together to try and tell another story. All that started from a simple conspiracy theory.

That said, we should still continue to flood the presidential website with these questions. Once we get enough voices the volume cannot be turned down.

On a personal note I believe that UFO sitings are going to continue to be drastically increased. Crop circles also. If you are ignoring those, you are missing out on some interesting current events.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior
If the web site is flooded with UFO etc questions then that is what they should address. I find it extremely aggravating. The gov't is supposed to work FOR US.

If we could get someone in office who didn't give a $hit if they were re-elected and just did the work of the people.

Which is what I do not understand though...

If someone actually answered and listened to the people - they would get re-elected as many times possible!

All leads me to believe more that it is a giant game, and that they get some nice bonuses from whomever is "supporting" them.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
This is typical of the Statists in DC. They only want to discuss what their agenda is and not allow what matters to actual citizens that pay for their greedy mistakes to ask pertinent questions that are outside the mainstream. How easy it is for them to label a large part of the population by derogatory names and derail the real reason for the questions. Then they wonder why the real crazies wish them harm!!

Zindo

I always thinked that the birth certificate affair is over-hyped by right-wingers.
BUT if this question rises to the top, then it must be answered and not laughed about.
Of course, UFO is a very serious subject for a part of the population, so it should be given an answer to.

starred and flagged

TheTilde

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
The government will not take seriously what the people do not.

This is a laughable subject to the average Joe. I point that out on here all the time.

I mean, seriously, read half the threads probably on this very forum right now and put yourself in the average Joe's shoes. If your not laughing then there is something wrong with you.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

Absolutely, I find it much easier to laugh it off and have a joke about it than to take it seriously nowadays.

The media (newspapers) are controlled by TPTB they are used as a tool in order to control the ones that slip through the net with TV and Radio. Its all about covering bases.

The more I come across narrow mindedness I just laugh, and think how arrogant and ignorant they are. To think that other entities exist outside our planet is complete poppycock, utterly ridiculous, now where the whiskey

Arrogance + Ignorance you gotta love em!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Guys, guys.....the government doesn't answer to the people. You should know that by now. Not that there is some dorky "shadow" government or anything conspiratorial about it, it is just business and human nature.

I'm not sure I would want the government to answer to the people right now anyway....people are stupid. The public is one dumb machine. If we expect the government to bow to the will of the people, then it will bow to the loudest component of the people. And, the loudest of the people just happen to be the minority of fools who think they are special, I believe they are called "special interest".

Can't wait till they get a hold of my health care, they have done so much good on other fronts...such as immigration....the economy....etc, lol.

We live in a society in the USA where you can't even quote STATISTICS without pissing off some special interest dweeb...I mean, come on.....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It has been over sixty years that the government has denied and debunked and IN THERE WAY made fun of the UFO subject, it has worked well for them so why would they stop.

I would think they have there agenda and nothing is going to change, everything has a time and place so when things are to be known they will be known.

If The Pres wasn't born American do you think our government would lose face in front of the world.... of course not.... they would cover it up as usual.

I don't know why people have to get the word from the Pres. saying about ufo's and alien's are the real deal, many abductee's and experiencers that have dealt with these beings and been on the ships are the ones you should seek out and there are quite a few on ATS that are ignored because people can't sense truth.

I know there are really good hoaxers but there are members that have been here for a long time and people should be able to reconize the truth from the false/non thruth's.

The Whitehouse Press having a good laugh
to them

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In fact it was indeed raised with our last president who jokingly promised disclosure as well , typical Bush bullsh## "He He" response.

Excerpted from the article:

Another reason for the Ufological optimism was that the 2000 Roswell visit by Cheney occurred shortly after the now infamous meeting between presidential candidate George W. Bush and Arkansas native Charles Huffer. It was during that July 2000 campaign encounter that Huffer asked George Bush if he were elected President would he disclose "the truth about UFOs." Bush in reply stated "Sure. I will . . . It will be the first thing he (pointing to Cheney) will do. He’ll get right on it."

www.presidentialufo.com...

Lets be realistic about this folks, Any elected official, POTUS or not, doesn't wield the authority and/or the security clearance to even go there.

When are Americans going to get it through their heads that the POTUS DOES NOT, repeat, DOES NOT, run this country.

He's simply another elected official by the common people, limited to two terms, occupying the Whitehouse AND is FAR from the inner circle of control.

I can see Obama now inquiring about the UFO's with the TPTB.

"Uhhh, What about the UFO Disclosure guys ?What do I tell the American people? "

And they promptly direct him to the History Channel's TV program " UFO Hunters".

There ya go Mr. President ! .... Uh , Next question ?

PS

As far as the Birth Certificate....He's the TPTB's guy. Just as Ron Paul was NOT. The topic will forever be swept under the rug, as long as HE follows orders and they continue to own and control the MSM.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

How many people have considered writing the news paper and informing them that if they were to loose 5 million customers that perhaps the people whom purchase their advertising space might decide to go with another paper with better circulation?

Let's face it, the majority of Americans are pansies. The paper could write an article stating that their deceased father was a pedophile and the idiots would still buy the paper then next day.

Perhaps the NWO does have the best idea. It would seem to me that 3/4 of the population are morons. Maybe if they eliminate 3/4 of the population, we will have a more intelligent audience to educate and less blinded idiots standing in the way.

I am just about at that point where I give up on trying to educate people. You cannot educate the mindless.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nethawk
I'd love to see these well fed pencil pushers laugh when the next big mass sighting occurs over a populated area and everyone starts bombarding Washington with questions.

The day is coming.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
As far as the Birth Certificate....He's the TPTB's guy. Just as Ron Paul was NOT. The topic will forever be swept under the rug, as long as HE follows orders and they continue to own and control the MSM.

This, in my opinion, is exactly right. So long as he remains attached to the strings, nothing will be done; however, if, like Kennedy, he decides to take up the cause of the American people, this will be the first thing that comes out in the open. Being a black man, they cannot just assassinate him like they did Kennedy. They know full well this will result in a hard core bloody revolution; therefore, they keep this "ace in the hole" to keep him under their complete control.

It seems that all of the recent presidents have had some skeletons in their closet. Some of the public has suspected this and even wrote about it (people such as us), but there has been no investigations and nothing done....so long as they play the game and follow the rules.

This is why people like Ron Paul will never be elected. There is no dirt to blackmail him with. This was the same gig with Kennedy and they learned a lesson from that. They do not wish to raise suspicions again about their involvement as was done when Kennedy was assassinated and still continues to a degree up to today. The only real dirt they could have used on Kennedy was his promiscuous nature and he was so loved by the population that this would have never worked; therefore, he had to be assassinated. Ron Paul would be an even tougher target for discredit as his voting record, his ethical conduct, and his personal life are all impeccable and they would be left with no other option than assassination once again and they know better now.

I do not ever look to have another president that even has the possibility of representing the people again; not without there being some sort of revolution beforehand.

The only solution is to vote every single incumbent out of office. This we all know will never happen and until it does, the elected officials in this country will not fear accountability.

As was once said by the great American Thomas Jefferson:

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the Government fears the people, there is liberty."

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
UFOs are still looked upon as an annoyance by the White House and Government. They don't like the fact that they haven't gone away, nor have those of us who want to know the truth behind them. Until they disclose the truth to us, we won't let up. So it's up to them really...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Typical lame responses.........

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

At least Kucinich tried to be serious. I gave him major kudos for the way he handled that. I remember watching it live. I wanted to punch Obama through my TV. I won't lie.....that along with other anti-UFO&NASA comments Obama made is why I didn't even vote in '08.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I voted for every office other than President. I personally did not feel as if either option was worth the powder to blow them to smithereens.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Why didn't they write in about is a version of boys town and congress still going on?

If the boys town stuff was wrong, why did they stop the tv channel from airing that program?

enough said. innocent people where put in prison who where the victims, in the 90's.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Posted this morning and by afternoon someone had already flagged it for removal.

opengov.ideascale.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
The government will not take seriously what the people do not.

This is a laughable subject to the average Joe. I point that out on here all the time. Until those of us that can use common sense, reason and logic riegn in the farrther out there folks from representing us for a few years, the we are at the mercy of the well earned stereotype that we participate in building.

I mean, seriously, read half the threads probably on this very forum right now and put yourself in the average Joe's shoes. If your not laughing then there is something wrong with you.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

I agree with you on that. There are many ufo threads that are well researched and thought out though. There are many many that aren't laughable. I agree that many people give the serious ufo researcher a bad name.

As for the government, you could be right. Making fun of the ufo community gives them less pull with the people that actually take TPTB's word for it. Would be a good way to dismiss a subject that they eaither don't want to talk about or are hiding something about.

What the UFO community needs is a lobbyist like the one in that movie "Thank you for smoking", i bet then we would get some stuff done!

[edit on 25-6-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think this debacle proves several things:

1) The disclosure movement is doomed to failure in its interactions with this government. There will be no disclosure while Obama is in office. Nor, do I think there will be any disclosure while the military-industrial complex and its associated oligarchies call the shots in the US government. Obama is a corporate news anchor, like Bush before him, and Clinton before Bush.

Obama is such an obviously media-created personality, that for any actual disclosure to occur within the next 8 years would make him and the rest of the government look more stupid than they already look. Narcissists like the ones we have in Washington - Republicans and Democrats alike - do not like being made fun of, and do not like it when things make them look stupid.

Disclosure will NOT come from government.

2) If the bailouts didn't prove it, this proves that no fragment of democratic representation exists in Washington - only consensus that falls in line with transnational and global business, and global governance. These people do not represent us, and for the foreseeable future, never will. They are only interested in looking good on camera, getting their name in books, accumulating influence, and making money. There is no room for public interests.

3) That there is definitely something behind the UFO phenomenon. They would not ridicule it like this unless something there presents a significant threat to their authority.

4) That the Obama administration has been told that they will not decriminalise drugs during their time in office, even though it (like disclosure) is FAR from a "fringe" subject, and could even mean a true economic stimulus on a number of levels, or at very least allow people in pain to grow their own painkillers for free and save money. Big Pharma has spoken...and this means that adult stem cell research will be held back as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join