It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd Clouds In A Dream With A UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Many years ago I had a short but scary dream, I woke my self up in the middle of this dream because of the fear I felt. I rarely remember my dreams but I still remember this one to this day even though it was many years ago.

I was standing in my back yard and I was looking up at the sky because there were some truly strange clouds that filled the sky. TO me, these clouds were unlike anything I've seen before. When focusing upward I spot a disk shaped UFO and I feel an over whelming sense of fear, I wake up out of my dream.

I've never seen clouds that have matched my dream or even came close until I saw this image.

I then went into photoshop to change the tint to try and match the color.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41875ca59c2a.jpg[/atsimg]

Pretty strange, sent a chill down my spine. I wonder if this has occurred before with UFO sightings.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by oconnection]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They are called Mammatus Clouds.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd79460b2190.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05a4e215b8df.jpg[/atsimg]

Mammatus (also known as mammatocumulus, meaning "bumpy clouds") is a meteorological term applied to a cellular pattern of pouches hanging underneath the base of a cloud. The name "mammatus" is derived from the Latin mamma (udder), due to the resemblance between the shape of these clouds and the breast of a woman.

It is already quite obvious that a large range of types of mammatus clouds exist, each with distinct properties and in distinct environments. Accordingly, there are multiple hypothesized formation mechanisms. Each is discussed below, but each focuses on proposed formation of mammatus in cumulonimbus anvil clouds specifically. Many of these mechanisms shed light on formation in other cloud forms, but they will not be discussed further.

Despite varying hypothesized formation mechanisms, there is one environmental trend that remains common through all of the formation mechanisms; that is, that across the anvil cloud/sub-cloud air boundary there exist sharp gradients in temperature, moisture and momentum (wind shear), which strongly influence interactions therein. The following are the proposed mechanisms, each described with its shortcomings:

Source

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My god, I have never seen clouds like that in my life. Are they really photos? They are awesome.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Yes they are real clouds apparently, strange that I've never seen them in real life yet I had a dream about them. I wonder what my dream could mean, too bad I woke my self up from it.

new topics

top topics

join