It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60,000 US inmates sexually abused each year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Best thing they could do is video it, then show it to all the thugs in highschool.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
These ain't human beings they criminals!

I bet some people like you send terrorists birthday cards.

United we Stand!

I will never forget!

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
reply to post by mental modulator

So, when your mother, sister or daughter gets raped by those who learned to rape while in prison, or just learned how it is done by watching, listening to stories or being abused themselves, you can look at yourself in the mirror and know that you had a part in it due to your lack caring for humanity.

Like the corrupt prison staff that allows this not only to occur, but thinks it is more than an appropriate to treat human beings in this manner themselves deserve to be locked up for eternity.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
Best thing they could do is video it, then show it to all the thugs in highschool.

YAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!

I couldn't agree more as long as I can geta copy!

I think they should put um all on treadmills with foods danglin in front and acid pit to the back and make um run ferever!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
While I don't care much for the dilemmas of criminals, I will say that these places are also std cesspools...which is why non-violent criminals convicted of minor offenses should not be exposed to these sort of places. They will enter back into society in a short time.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
prison rape used to be much worse until gw signed the safe prisons act now we consantly investigate all reports of rape and house offenders together by height,weight,size,etc,so they dont rape each other. i got so tired of them going on in turnout about looking for weak rapeable offenders so they could be rehoused i started going around asking all the offenders have you been raped today my bad when they started coming to me for help i had do all that paper work but oh well its my job and i dont let ofenders prey on each other in anyway.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by silverdemon71]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
If there is a hell on earth I have no doubt that it is inside prison, perhaps in America.

More than half my life ago I did time in prison for being an idiot drug addict. I was surprised and appalled by what goes on in jails and prisons. It is another world within our world that most cannot even consider.

Shows like Lockup are pretty good at showing what prison is like, but remember the staff only show their good side and the producers know if they want to be welcomed at other facilities they better only show the prison staffs good side. The show is more like PR for Corrections, but it does show some very accurate inmate stories and gives viewers a good idea of how much mental illness there is inside the walls.

As far as understanding prison rape - I think the movie The Shawshank Redemption comes closest to what prison rape is about as far as how it happens and who is involved. Another movie that pegs prisons & staff is Natural Born Killers - I swear the warden & the guards in that movie were perfectly cast - as well as the convicts.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
You idiots screaming "Just don't go to jail." What happens if you get thrown into jail for a crime you didn't commit, or worse, for speaking out against a corrupt government.

Seriously. I see threads galore about people being falsely imprisoned and you can just say "well they shouldn't have been in jail then?"

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
These ain't human beings they criminals!

I bet some people like you send terrorists birthday cards.

United we Stand!

I will never forget!

Divided we fall.

Nobody worth their salt, stands with rapist or supporters of rape - that itself is a crime and I suggest someone belongs in prison with those they loathe.

I tell you what
. Give me their addresses, I'll send them birthday cards as long as they agree to send a large Christmas Card to the psychotic human rights abusers that justify their crimes against humanity by creating and supporting arenas of human torture and rape.

Terrorist A - Osama bin Laden is a hero to his people.

Terrorist B - Abu Ghraib guards are hated by their own people.

I have no use for either Terrorist, but I give Osama bin Laden much more respect for his cause is for his people while the abu guards only goal is their own selfish sick gratification.

The reality is it's people who come on the internet and talk big about people deserving to be raped in prison are the ones who usually find themselves being pimped out in prison because they killed somebody after having too much to drink.

Allot of good people make mistakes and end up in prison - they aren't all monsters. The idea that we should make them all monsters and then have to deal with the mess later is insane.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I worked with a man who was a guard at a state prison in NC and he told me the hardcore criminals were the ones giving and the mediocre criminal who obviously was doing less time was the unlucky fellow on the receiving end. He also said a large portion of the guards were either participants or got their rocks off by simply being bystanders. And if a prisoner ever was unruly or uncooperative or just a plain old douchbag then the said prisoner was put into a situation with the help of guards to have the chance to be raped just to let him know not to screw with the guards. Prison Nation meets Abomination. OBEY THE LAW GUYS

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
reply to post by mental modulator

So, when your mother, sister or daughter gets raped by those who learned to rape while in prison, or just learned how it is done by watching, listening to stories or being abused themselves, you can look at yourself in the mirror and know that you had a part in it due to your lack caring for humanity.

This has to be one of the most inane posts I have ever read on ATS.
This seriously inflames me.

You actually think someone who doesn't actively try to change the system of prisoners raping other prisoners (or show displeasure of such on ATS) are partly responsible for every rape that ever occurs from now to eternity?

This is like saying anyone who doesn't stand up against Somalians chopping off arms and legs is partly responsible for the mutilations.. or how about..
if anyone doesn't stand up for the fight against cancer, donate all their money and learn to fight the disease, is partly responsible for anyone who dies of cancer.

ATS rules forbid me to say what I want to say to you.

Your comment has so much ignorance in it it's amazing I am the only one calling you out.

Let me ask you, what have YOU personally done? Is showing aversion or displeasure with the current system enough to get you off the hook for any future rape of your mother, sister or daughter?

A rapist is a rapist. Be it in prison, or at large. You talk about it like it's an aquired skill, get it done to you a few times and you'll start to see that rape can be "easy, fun and hey.. everyone's doing it". Once you're degraded, humiliated and violated, the first thing you'll want to go do is find someones mother, daughter or sister and share the love.

I am thoroughly disgusted with your comments.
But that is par for the course on ATS and especially in this thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

What utter BS. You're as full of S as a Christmas turkey. Anyone who's done any real time knows you don't witness atrocities in relative safety. If you're in a bad spot, you're right there in it and not across the rung from it. If we were in a tank together I’d call you out.

---------------------------------------------------------

Having done 8 years in both the Texas state system and the Fed, I can tell you that the whole prison rape thing is exaggerated. It happens in state systems some, but almost not at all in the Fed. 90% of the people who are unwilling participants are talked (threatened) into it, or coaxed into it using favors and incentives (much like many a woman). The bottom line is that if you're willing to fight, you're probably not going to be bubba's boyfriend. There are just way too many guys who are more than willing to get busy for someone to risk death (literally) to rape someone. You have no idea how many guys subscribe to both magazines until you’ve done time.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Edit. I change my mind. I don't want to share past this, If you think prison rape is what prisoners deserve for breaking the law then I despise you.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think
even in
Iran
there
are
less
people
raped
and