It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible new Board Topic?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So ermmm can we make an ATS board game to go along with this? Something like monopoly?

Oh man! I love THIS idea!!!

Like a big ATS version of "Risk", but...... different somehow!!!

edit: could even name it "The Great Game" after Slayer's thread

[edit on 24-6-2009 by MajorDisaster]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well if you look at from the perspective of a giant chess board with all powers moving their chess pieces around all trying to out do each other then the "War on Terror" or the "Iranian/Korea" issues comes into clarity. One country will close a foreign military base then right next door in a neighboring country another one opens with a new agreement. etc etc etc. Dumping the dollar, new negotiations, then cooperation and then confrontation. On and on where it stops nobody knows.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Excellent idea Slay, you have my vote!

There are so many little games being played, contributing to the Great Game.

This "new" thread could quickly grow with situations coming to light and current situations escalating very quickly.

Yes...it make perfect sense!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Although many of the things you say are good points. ome of it seems to be just nothing more than educated opinions. I mean, after all, you don't know for a fact what you're saying is true. They could be over there for a myriad of reasons. The old addage is Just when you think you know what the government is doing.....think again. That being said, I personally think you want to start a new board so that you can have the self satisfaction of knowing that you have a personal finger in the pie that is ATS. bragging rights anyone? Everyone has good ideas on here and many of them warrant their own section but it takes a big ego to actually run a petition to get it done. maybe go to the owners of the site with the idea and let them decide instead of trying to bully them with popular support for a cause that many would like to pull off but few have the audacity to try. Not trying to be rude here but I have seen many things on this site that I would like to have as a section and some of them my own, but let's let ATS remain in control, I think it is clear........they know what they are doing. I know I won't get any raves for this, but afterall, isn't that why we're here in the first place to question motives and agendas? This topis actually has a place already...."Global Meltdown" seems like a fine catagory for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A good idea Slayer!
a New Great Game forum would be a nice addition.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Taking the ATS motto into account, this suggestion has serious mileage. Geopolitical analysis without the MSM pulling the wool over the eyes?

On the other hand, maybe meddling abroad and foreign interventions happen purely in response to situations as they arise. Purely altruistic. No real plans.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Due to similar calls by many last year I collated all of the georgia/russia Missile defense ATS and also sourced some good external links here for many, who may find it a very good resource:

Georgia*Russia*Poland Missile Defense Shield ATS Thread!

Needs updating and please add any further ATS stories relevant you know Slayer and all...

In addition the famous lol Kazakhstan The Most Important Country on Earth?
thread which has loads of good member contributions and some collated research on this most improrant place indeed.

The central european area, and its borders have been important in Western and world affairs from the inception of civilisations of any great standing, through to Alexander the Great and the first, second world wars, up until as shown in the Kazakhstan thread above this very day...

Maybe me and you sometime Slayer can get a superthread going, starting one or two new ones two all linked to one source breaking down all the differant aspects of this if the forum is uncoming.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I'm sure there are a lot of threads that could immediately be reassigned to the type of forum Slayer is requesting. It would surely hit the ground running, as did the GM forum when first introduced.

(It's a pity this thread has gone a bit quiet.)

Bump.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well I still support the idea. But mine cant be the only voice.
I appreciate all the support.

Maybe some day.

One can always hope

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So ermmm can we make an ATS board game to go along with this? Something like monopoly?

More like Globopoly :-)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm giving this thread a well deserved and overdue bump.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
good idea.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow Kazakstan is way bigger than I thought it was

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join