It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the Stars Gone? Nevermind the Flags!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So, I've noticed that awarding stars to comments has diminished lately. I'll be reading thread after thread where there are at least 10 replies and not one single, solitary star given out. Whats up?

Is there a conspiracy by old timers to only star and (god forbid) flag a thread by others in their clique? Or are people just feeling a little put off by the changes in the system? Or maybe even, people are just not getting quality ideas backed up by links? Are there too many "fluff" posts? Or could it be that people are getting more negative? What is your star giving criteria? Do you only give them to your friends?

Just wondering where all the Stars have gone. I miss them. I give stars to every post that hits a nerve or learns me sumthin new. ♥

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
SHHHH! dont tell everyone your theory! the handful of Great Old Ones will come to your home and kill you. They CLEARLY control how everyone chooses to star and flag things. Dont make them mad. If they have that power, who knows what powers they have

my guess is people just dont care any more or arent bothering to read all the posts so the good ones get looked over.

or i dont know. maybe posts arent as deep and philosophical any more?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This could be conspiracy by TPTS(aF) - the powers that star (and flag). First step was to take over the world, second - to remove points, and final stage - not to star guys with good posts.
Or - it could be due to economic crisis that crashed star (and flag) industry.
However lets forget those serious theories for a while.
I still see people getting stars, threads (not mine though
) - flags. I am not that long here, but i see no major change.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
THERE!!!! STAR 4 U!!! now quit whining and go make me a sammich!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Or - it could be due to economic crisis that crashed star (and flag) industry.

That line just got you a star!!

-E-

[edit on 23-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

You said "or i dont know. maybe posts arent as deep and philosophical any more?"

That's probably part of it. But do you give stars? If you do I would like to know why if you don't mind. I'm just curious. I probably should have put this in the philosophical/psychological category.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hello.

These issues can be discussed here...

ATS issues thread

Closing.

top topics

join