It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powell Fed Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There was a news story on MSNBC an hour or two ago that made mention of an upcoming GQ interview or article that say Colin Powell is so fed up with the current administration tha the might step down.

I will try to find some links.

Anyone else heard anything?

EDIT: HERE is a the article!

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Facefirst]

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
colin powell is stupid. he thinks he is the man because he thinks bush is wrong, but powell is wrong. powell is dumb and his bosses are cool. they will show him and make him talk right again like his speech about weapons of mass destruction in front of the united nations

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
bumpity bump

Anyone have an opinion on this?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Many have predicted this...ever since Powell was sent shuffling off to the UN with that snazzy powerpoint presentation showing EXACTLY where those non-existent WMD's were.

It pars well with BT's list of the numerous other rats to have already jumped the good ship Bush.

List of Bush Resignations (so far)

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This story actually goes back a few years. The thought then was that Powell would step down after the 04 elections. Recently though, he's come stating that he has no intention of leaving. I think we'll just have to wait and see on this one.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I been wondering about this too, the article says that Colin Powell called Condi a jerk. I don't believe Powell will be involved in the next Bush administration if he gets relected.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I been wondering about this too, the article says that Colin Powell called Condi a jerk. I don't believe Powell will be involved in the next Bush administration if he gets relected.

I think that Powell is not going to be involved with the next four years either. I think he has a little too much "couth" and "class" for the current administration as well as politics in general.(no pun intended

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Actually, it was Harlan Ullman who called Condi a jerk, not Powell.

Ullman said, "I can tell you firsthand that there is a tremendous barrier between Cheney and Powell, and there has been for a long time. It's like McCain saying that his relations with the president are 'congenial,' meaning McCain doesn't tell the president to go # himself every time." Then he added, "Condi's a jerk."

I don't think Powell would openly say that, even though I'm sure he thinks it, at least not while he's still Secretary of State.

I think that Colin Powell is one of the few upstanding and genuine people left in Washington. Even after his credibility was damaged, due to the U.N. speech, I can't help but sense an air of sincerity about him (on the rare occassions that he appears before the public).

I wonder if there was a underlying hope that, by sending HIM to the UN to present that bogus info, he would no longer be more respected than Bush. Of course they needed him to make their case for war, since the UN members would be more inclined to accept his word before anyone else's, but maybe Bush felt a little threatened by him too. Just a thought.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

I don't think Powell would openly say that, even though I'm sure he thinks it, at least not while he's still Secretary of State.

I think that Colin Powell is one of the few upstanding and genuine people left in Washington. Even after his credibility was damaged, due to the U.N. speech, I can't help but sense an air of sincerity about him (on the rare occassions that he appears before the public).

Powell is one of the, if not the only political figure that I would not hesitate to vote for as President. He is smart, a class-act and did not come up through the DC political factory. And he is from the Bronx and the son of immigrants. I have alot more respect for that then alot of other political figures I can think of ....... he is a self-made man.

top topics

join