It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think this administration will take conspiracy theorists or disclosure seriously? Here's a look.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article from the New York Times that I had stumbled upon today. In it, the author is talking about the forum the White House has introduced in which people could submit things for the administration to review in regards to their "Open Government pledge". The site was introduced last month and this article serves as an update. Some parts that stand out to me:

The White House tried to screen out some of the more unusual comments in the second phase of the process. Ms. Noveck summarized the most significant ideas, then invited comments on them at blog.ostp.gov. Visitors could flag off-topic comments, which were then shunted to a separate part of the site. That reduced the birth-certificate and U.F.O. comments to a relative trickle.

“The first thing that happens when my mom and dad log into the system and they find it’s populated by U.F.O. people and birth-certificate people, they simply are not going to participate,” he said.

Link to original article

So now we are UFO people and Birth Certificate people.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The meme must be maintained.

Especially considering there are many - in fact I dare say most people, who would agree that the "Birth Certificate" issue and the "UFO" issue have about the same merit! (Ironic, if you think about it.)

Authority is entrenched, it will always be engineered to defend itself from challenges, especially if those challenges are directed at particularly weak spots which members of the entrenched group does not want to discuss.

They will label the others as those who don't want to 'participate' in earnest, because they have the initiative, which is to say the prerogative of proclaiming the meme first.

It all a word game to them, and since they have primary access to the word spewing media, they automatically have the upper hand.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The meme must be maintained

hehehe thats funny , but the rest is sad. So much for those of you who thought he was going to disclose ET. This guy's actions are odd.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Authority is entrenched, it will always be engineered to defend itself from challenges, especially if those challenges are directed at particularly weak spots which members of the entrenched group does not want to discuss.

Very true, it just horrible the whole way they are going about it.

Transparency my foot.

And this...

“The U.F.O. thing is healthy,” said Micah L. Sifry, the editor of TechPresident.com, a blog on politics and the Internet. “It’s weird there are some groups of people obsessed with it, but it’s a democracy, and you can’t make them go away.”

...What a nuisance we are!
Perhaps if we would stop sending Washington a million faxes.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Never give up though, you never know what that man, or his cohorts, may be thinking. Or perhaps another (credible) Gov't would disclose, encouraging ours to open up.

But until then I guess we will continue to be confined to the outer fringes of society, as this article demonstrates.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Juston]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Obama is as transparent as the invisible man BEFORE he became invisible

giving the FED more power is the worst possible option.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If there were a lot of people posting about that, it means they wanted it looked into. Was that not for what the site was created for or WHAT? That is so @$#-backwards it's almost stupid.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Heres a little thunder for ya Juston!

S&F4U!
-E-

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Goes to show that even when millions of Americans feel strongly about an issue, it doesn't mean the President or his administration will take it seriously.

But I say don't give up. The day we give up demanding UFO disclosure, they've won in a sense. I for one will never stop until my last breath.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

My thoughts are, that I'm certainly not a UFO.. but I do have a birth certificate. I hope they do too!

But UFO.. that should be a major topic.

Obama's birth certificate.. I don't know where to stand, but I believe it should be formally addressed.

But who would want to uphold that piece of paper.. what's it called.. The Continuum. We don't need that no more /sarcasm

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Did you all see this part of the article...

The White House tried to screen out some of the more unusual comments in the second phase of the process. Ms. Noveck summarized the most significant ideas, then invited comments on them at blog.ostp.gov. Visitors could flag off-topic comments, which were then shunted to a separate part of the site. That reduced the birth-certificate and U.F.O. comments to a relative trickle.

Once they saw the high demand for the UFO and birth certificate related topics they "tried to screen out some of the more unusual comments". Imagine that, the White House screening out UFO and birth certificate questions...

-E-

[edit on 23-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
news flash.obama does'nt give a # about ANY of us.you can thank every american who believed his campaign 'promises'.i can sum up obama's problem with 4 simple words...diarrhea of the mouth.truth,love and joy,matt

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I agree that some aspects of the UFO phenomenon should be kept secret from the public. People in general aren't ready to handle that kind of information yet and the government knows it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondox68
news flash.obama does'nt give a # about ANY of us.you can thank every american who believed his campaign 'promises'.i can sum up obama's problem with 4 simple words...diarrhea of the mouth.truth,love and joy,matt

I honestly do not believe that any of the canidates spoke for the people (with the exception of Ron Paul). Obama was picked to win, not by the people, but by the PTB. They tried to manipulate as many people as they could. Making them feel guilty about the civil rights and wrong doings against black Americans and insuring that by voting for Obama, the wrongs would magically be righted. It's a shame really, most of us got played and the man isn't even a black American.

]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by leira7]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boondox68

Agreed! Wholeheartedly at that. I just wonder if others (i.e. people not here on ATS) will see that the whole transparency thing has been a sham since day one. Probably not though.

As MysterE pointed out, the White House is purposely and admittedly screening out what they'd rather not deal with. Sure, a statement like that is not considered earth shattering to the MSM and the rest of the public, but it amazes me, as I'm sure some of you as well, as to how can they continuously get away with such blatant disregard to their own people.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
all the people who believe the us/k instigated this uprising are the ones who will be hiding in their homes when 'freedom' finally rings here.guess what?a liar is a liar.no matter what country,color or religion.there is NO room for them.truth,love & joy,matt

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I found a some info on Ms Noveck the lady who thinks she knows what to screen.

Here is a very nice NYT profile of Beth Noveck’s work at the White House to use technology to enhance democracy: The White House made its first major entree into government by the people last month when it set up an online forum to ask ordinary people for their ideas on how to carry out the president’s open-government pledge. . . . Most of the suggestions were closely related to the topic at hand, like publishing a list of everyone who meets with the president, using computer graphics to track how rapidly agencies respond to Freedom of Information Act requests and installing webcams to monitor federal offices. The administration’s goal is to devise regulations that would tell federal agencies how to make their operations more open to the public. . . . Ms. Noveck has some confidence that the effort will result in better government because she has built something like this before. As a professor, she worked with the United States Patent Office to test a system that invited the public to help evaluate patent applications. Companies that apply for a lot of patents, like I.B.M. and General Electric, participated in the optional program because the public comments helped patent examiners consider their applications more quickly.

Shame to think someone may of told her to filter the UFO topic out

top topics

join