It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ed McMahon dies at age 86

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Television personality and Tonight Show veteran Ed McMahon died June 23 at age 86. He passed away at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles; he'd been receiving treatment for pneumonia for the past several weeks.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here is the link to the rest of the story, He will be missed greatly. This is the end of an age...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

I guess that's why Donald Trump is taking over the wrestling business? Or something like that. I saw him on TV on a commercial.. thought it was weird.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
We will miss you ed ..god bless and speed to yuo borther....
I found him funny...as johnny carsons sidekick, some commercials he has done. I even remember a goofy sketch rodney dangerfield did with rich litttle as johnny carson, and osme other guy posing as ed mchman lol.
we will remember you ed...RIP

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

That's Vince McMahon that owns the WWE, not Ed McMahon. lol

Ed McMahon did Publishers Clearing House.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwatcher1
Here is the link to the rest of the story, He will be missed greatly. This is the end of an age...

www.youtube.com...

Greatly missed? I barely know who he is. What has he done in the last decade? Save the children like Chuck Norris did in Missing in Action 3? Besides I heard Joan Rivers trashed Carson recently

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Insulting dead people, classy. It is one thing to say a dead person never saved children like Chuck Norris did in Missing in Action 3, but it is another to call a dead person names.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
"You are correct sir, Yes!" Ed McMahon is certainly a legend and will be greatly missed. The chemistry that he and Carson had together is unmatched in the talk show genre.

I must add that Phil Hartman of SNL did some of the best McMahon impressions ever.

I think that there needs to be a sidekick hall of fame built and named after Ed McMahon somewhere in this nation.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Old Ed had been going through some very tough financial times recently. His house was being auctioned because of forecloser and his health was really bad.

I fear he died an early death because of the stress. Poor guy.

top topics

join