It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Outraged' Brown and Obama condemn Iran as election crisis worsens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Violence against it's own citizens is NOT something you will see in the USA. Period. We may assemble as we want to protest whatever we wish to, peacefully. I would never be shot or beaten for speaking out against my own government, instead I am given the right to do so.

Random accounts of police brutality do happen, and are dealt with accordingly.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
It's a damn good thing we have freedom of speech, be that as it may.
Are some of you people outraged that he hasn't declared war on Iran yet ?
Gee, it must be difficult to live up to your standards of . . . what ?

I see you're from California, so let me explain how my country, the USA, actually works.

We condemn countries outright who threaten our safety, persecute other races (the Jews), and abuse their own people.

We don't start out by saying that this is an "internal matter for the Iranian people" and only issue watered down condemnation when the Brits call you to point out that "we" really should condemn Iran (hence the joint statement).

Obama is a risk to this country, he thinks he can use his charm and wit to deal with people like Kim Jong Il, Putin, Ahmadenijad, and Chavez.

Do you think he would have charmed Hitler, Hirohito, Mussolini, and Stalin into being his best buddies? No, we'd all be dead, or worse, by now.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Kinda off topic,but if you look at youtube now they have a permanent breaking iranian news at the top...the media propaganda is going on overdrive,i have never seen anything like that on youtube in situations far worse than the one in Iran right now...shocking to say the least,anyone who can't see whats happening is either dumb or letting emotions cloud their judgement....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

Violence against it's own citizens is NOT something you will see in the USA. Period. We may assemble as we want to protest whatever we wish to, peacefully. I would never be shot or beaten for speaking out against my own government, instead I am given the right to do so.

Random accounts of police brutality do happen, and are dealt with accordingly.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by space cadet]

O . .H . .I . .O . . . . .reminds me of a song . . .Neil Young I think . . .
Oh, we have made our mistakes too. And I hope we have learned from
them. Iran is making mistakes now. Everyone makes mistakes.
Doesn't mean we have to jump right in and run the show. Maybe saner
minds are at work now, versus the last eight years.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

I see you're from California, so let me explain how my country, the USA, actually works.

We condemn countries outright who threaten our safety, persecute other races (the Jews), and abuse their own people.

We don't start out by saying that this is an "internal matter for the Iranian people" and only issue watered down condemnation when the Brits call you to point out that "we" really should condemn Iran (hence the joint statement).

Obama is a risk to this country, he thinks he can use his charm and wit to deal with people like Kim Jong Il, Putin, Ahmadenijad, and Chavez.

Do you think he would have charmed Hitler, Hirohito, Mussolini, and Stalin into being his best buddies? No, we'd all be dead, or worse, by now.

What's this "we" s**t ? And I'm glad you are not in the diplomatic corps,
because your lack of understanding of the word "tact" would get you
thrown out in a heartbeat.

And just what the hell does your last paragraph relate to ? Couldn't you
have gone further back and used dinosaurs ? It's hard to charm them too.

Go California !

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Breeze

Well then what would you suggest we do??? Keep saying "Bad Iranian government, BAD." Guess what, talking is not going to do "squat"
(Sorry had to use that word since someone said Obama sits to pee hahaha
) If Obama is as "outraged" as he wants people to think he is thhen I suggest he do something rather than get his sound bite in for the week.

I am so glad I did not vote for Obama, I had not part in the demise of the U.S.

I believe we have someone in the office of POTUS that has a level head.
He doesn't appear to rush to judgement. He's not concerned about being
a "heavy", he's concerned about doing the right thing.

I am so glad I voted for this guy.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
CNN just had a live phone call from a frantic young lady in Iran as she described chaos, you could hear it in the background, she described people being shot, beaten and the sounds were horrific.

If you can tune in do it now, they are replaying the call, and discussing it.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
To add that she claims to have witnessed Iranian forces "throwing people (protesters) off of a bridge"

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

No only that but where was the outrage when we were invading Iraq on false pretenses while their citizens and our soldiers where dying at the same time.

How about whenever Israel decides to bomb Palestine and Lebanon.

Hypocrites nothing but hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
To add that she claims to have witnessed Iranian forces "throwing people (protesters) off of a bridge"

Thanks for the heads-up.
I'll try to find out more.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yes, I heard the phone call as well on CNN. Heart-wrenching to say the least! These people are begging for someone to help them. I say, drop weapons from the air to help them. Maybe Obama heard her pleading as well.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Go California !

"We" refers to those dwindling number of right minded Americans who still believe in condemning evil and taking steps to stop it.

As for your assertion that I lack tact, I don't find it to be required in this situation, something we plainly agree on.

As for your closing rant, it's not entirely invalid, since you're right in saying that charm would not work on wild animals either, it seems obvious doesn't it? as obvious to me as being able to see that charm will not work on the likes of Ahmadenijad, Kim Jong Il, and Hugo Chavez.

But perhaps the Californian way is really the solution, Tibetan love beads and bong hits can go a long way after all.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
CNN just had a live phone call from a frantic young lady in Iran as she described chaos, you could hear it in the background, she described people being shot, beaten and the sounds were horrific.

If you can tune in do it now, they are replaying the call, and discussing it.

And what the hell did the Iranian people think was going to happen? Did they really think the government was going to continue to let them protest and possibly overthrow the government. Seems they are a little stupid and naive. Like someone else said stones and peace will only get you so far.

You've seen that movie Rambo IV? Where he says if you're not taking guns you ain't changing anything? Well that's the real world. The Iranian government knows nothing but force and violence and unfortunately it will take that to overthrow them. I mean do people not remember that's the kind of sacrifice it took our Founding Fathers and revolutionaries to secure liberty in the colonies 200+ years ago? It wasn't some Ghandi like peace movement it was FIGHTING and VIOLENCE. Now the Iranian people are begging us to come to their aid? Pathetic in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I find it pathetic that the world thumbs their nose at us and criticizes us for policing the world yet when the world needs us they beg us for help.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Obama & brown condem hardline tactics ........

Oh the hypocracy! it was just yesterday that the us bombed a furneral in pakistan killing at least 45 mourners, mostly civillians ( a funeral for the dead of the last bombing raid )

How they can say that is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
The police brutality that may happen in the UK/US is not government backed!!!

Therefore there is a huge difference!

We punish police officers who break the law, we don't reward them or tell them this is your job.

Your idea of uk and usa is from hollywood. How many police in uk and usa goto jail for committing murder, none.

Do you really thing the thug who murdered that man at the g20 will be put in jail for the rest of his life, i doubt it.

It is outright hypocrisy, uk and usa saying this.

For anyone here saying it is ok. Look at the countries helped by the anglo america empire.

South africa, shambles
India a dreadful place to live
Argentina a place destroyed while trying to get help

Only south korea is a country the anglo americans have helped, and thats just because they are where they are like west germany before them.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It is amusing , to watch the unelected brown and the diebold vote counting machine wielding americans complain so . Ahmadinejad
got exactly the 2:1 majority as the polls predicted. Only thing dubious about it , is it didn't work out the way outside influences had tried to engineer the vote , along the lines of Georgia and Ukraine.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
It is amusing , to watch the unelected brown and the diebold vote counting machine wielding americans complain so .

It is also as amusing to be able to protest about it without getting your head stoved in?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You want me to find cases of heads 'stoved' in , in other parts of the world during demonstrations ? You want me to look at certain cases in the USA during university riots over the vietnam war ? . Of course, we cannot pick an event in the USA these days to compare . Those people had a mind of their own in that era . Not you sad half witted reflections.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Go California !

"We" refers to those dwindling number of right minded Americans who still believe in condemning evil and taking steps to stop it.

As for your assertion that I lack tact, I don't find it to be required in this situation, something we plainly agree on.

As for your closing rant, it's not entirely invalid, since you're right in saying that charm would not work on wild animals either, it seems obvious doesn't it? as obvious to me as being able to see that charm will not work on the likes of Ahmadenijad, Kim Jong Il, and Hugo Chavez.

But perhaps the Californian way is really the solution, Tibetan love beads and bong hits can go a long way after all.

I think you're stepping on thin ice here, about California.

And "we" = "right-minded Americans ? Ha !

You are legends in your own minds.

Back to the topic : Can Mr. Obama utilize charm and tact better than his
predecessor ? Better yet, did his predecessor have any of either ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join