It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News in Cahoots with LDS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm a fan of Fox News mostly because i diagree with them but i found it odd one evening when i was watching (at least online) and this 5 second clip of a commercial kept playing. "There are times when we ponder our meaning in this confusing world..." Right away it sounded like one of those life questions. Anyway the commercial wouldn't play the full thing so i really didn't know what it was for, then i clicked around and boom there it was The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. Now I dont have anything against this but should a church really be a part in the news media? Would that not create more spin for Fox? Don't believe me check it out the commercial should still be up.
www.foxnews.com...

Just watch the commercials.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by SchefSalad]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SchefSalad

Then is it okay for the White House or Government to be in control of the media........?

If I had to make a choice, I know which one I would choose.........

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Religion should have no part in politics. A church based around Jesus and such would not put there hand in that dish. A lot of the messages in the bible look down on ruling class. Now LDS is going to join in political debate? Sounds like a sneaky agenda.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Government should have no part in media...........

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I doubt they are cahoots with each other. Obviously LDS pays for advertising space.

Right now I see an add for Dr. Oz. Does that mean Fox is in cahoots with the makers of Resveratrol?

I hit refresh and see something for Crate & Barrel....are they in cahoots.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you saw, because I do not see anything related to LDS on there right now

Maybe you can take a screen shot?

[edit on 6/23/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think that the LDS church is free to advertise wherever it wishes. They probably advertise on Fox News because it is a conservative religion and FOX advertises itself as a conservative network. Relax, its just paid advertising....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
ATS has a bunch of advertisement also. Does that mean they are in cahoots with those companies?

This thread is just an attempt to rip on FNC and Religion.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Religion might be able to survive with some ads to counter the
constant non divine world around us.

Craig Furgason using his Arizona rattle snake mug on TV for
two weeks rose sales to 50 a week.

I doubt they sold one a week before.
That why Craig got the cup in the first place, they weren't selling.

I don't know that, I just post like Craig talks.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fea305b56eb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
...FOX advertises itself as a conservative network. Relax, its just paid advertising....

Fox News advertises itself as "Fair and Balanced."

The Mormons have been advertising on television for decades and they aren't the only ones. I don't keep up with them all, in fact I avoid commercials as much as possible, but other Christian denominations advertise fairly frequently.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Oops, I didn't watch the clip.
I was looking all over the place.
The video pop up ads are all over the corporate Illuminati net sites now.
Well that's another issue over free use to the internet for image and
video transfers.

Well I don't need their materials and don't know how much Christianity
they have that would let Jesus give them a pass.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Everything brainwashing is having a pot luck dinner on the americans dime. THeres an open statement from back in the 50s from a mormon church member calling for a autocracy in america. Unfortunately, the God they claim is not happy with this view. They only say he is to justify themselves in greed and lies using sin and rightiousness.

"oh your a dirty perv"

'your just a druggy sinner"

"ignore that guy hes wierd."

This mentality is being used.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I haven't seen the ad in question, but yeah, the LDS church has put on paid advertising in the past. I used to see more of it when I was young, but I rarely see it at all anymore. That might be connected to me watching more TV when I was young, too, though

No conspiracy here, in my opinion, though being LDS I'm obviously biased
Still, I think it's just a simple advertising plan. It's a waste of money, in my opinion, though; everyone these days knows who Mormons are. This wasn't always true, and advertising on TV used to make more sense, but nowadays I can't remember the last time I had someone who said they'd never heard of Mormons.

top topics

join