It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: Coalition troops launch massive assault on Taliban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Afghanistan: Coalition troops launch massive assault on Taliban

edition.cnn.com

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Coalition troops launched a massive assault on a Taliban stronghold in southern Afghanistan and were able to push militants out of some areas they had controlled, they said Coalition said in a statement.

About 500 troops were involved in the operation, the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force announced Tuesday.

Coalition used more than 25 aircraft to drop hundreds of troops into the area at about midnight June 19.
Don't Miss

The troops, mostly from the United States and Britain, were able to secure three main crossing points in the area and w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Not that it will catch many ATSrs attention. But it seems the coalition has been continuing to gain ground on the Taliban. Despite the pop culture view and misleading info from TPTB the Taliban have been taking a beating lately.

Pakistanis have been handing them their rears lately on their side of the border especially in SWAT. Al Qaeda had released a "Warning" of what they would do if they captured Pakistani nukes. Wishful thinking on their part. Stay tuned.

Just another day in paradise.

edition.cnn.com

[edit on 23-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What a façade.

They clear an area, the Taliban move to another area, the coalition move out of the death zone they just created and the Taliban move back in.

It's just a game of chasing the tail showing that the war is just a BS logistical exercise funded by Haliburton and tax payers $$. Reminds me of ring a ring 'o roses game.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

60 Taliban Killed in Afghanistan as US Deploys More Troops

www.voanews.com

Authorities in southern Afghanistan said local and foreign troops have killed as many as 60 Taliban militants in the past week, as part of a stepped up anti-insurgency operation. And about 7,000 additional U.S. troops have begun deploying across volatile southern Afghanistan.

Deployment of additional American troops in Afghan border areas has worried Pakistani officials. They have long maintained the militancy in Pakistan has gained strength from insurgents who have been fleeing the U.S-led offensive in Afghanistan and taking refuge in Pakistani border areas.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Top US official warns that war in Afghanistan strengthens Taliban in Pakistan
Pakistan Claims More Gains Against Taliban
Pakistani army closes in on Swat town; bomb kills 11

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm confused Slayer, are you trying to say that their plan of purging 'the taliban' is working?

It's an endless war, imo.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Oh I agree it's an endless war. Unlike battles of the past in the region though IMO We have or had rather, been funding both sides of this right up until the latest administration. Now I believe it's time for the Taliban to go away.

They no longer suit the present administrations needs. Oh sure you'll hear about some road side bomb going off then all the naysayers will come crawling out of the woodwork and say see it's a quagmire etc etc etc.

Not realizing The Great Game that is being played out for the masses.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Suspected US strikes kill nine in Pak: officials

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AFP) — Two suspected US missile strikes killed nine people in the northwest Pakistani tribal belt Tuesday, where the army is poised for an attack on a Taliban commander, officials said.

"A missile attack by a suspected US drone took place in rugged mountainous terrain in Neej Narai in South Waziristan," said a Pakistani security official who did not want to be named as he was not authorised to speak to the media.

He said the first drone fired three missiles Tuesday morning, adding that "six militants were killed and seven others wounded in the attack."

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i like how they intelligently went in under cover of night, instead of the usual tactic of rolling 20 tanks into the city at lunchtime, and giving the taliban a press release on the location of each squadron. We didnt hear about this until after the fact, the way war should be.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

I know talk about telegraphing a punch.
It has become so blatantly obvious lately

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't buy any of the enemy loss figures.

They can say they killed dozens of enemies (probably a lot of civilians at that too) but it's just a story unless they have evidence.

I could say I killed 3 people before breakfast. Would some people believe me?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
[The great game] - good thread Slayer

The black gold/devils tears is indeed their hidden agenda. I think Afghanistan is just a holding pattern as they start to close ranks on Pakistan and Iran.

Just looking at google maps, it's obvious the dominion they are trying to encroach on. Once they (US) throw enough military into the region and overthrow Iran, then they will have carte blanche on the region and more importantly the Caspian Sea; the last bastion n Earth, where oil is easily mined.

The BTC is to be protected at all costs; i just wonder what Chavez, Russia and China will think of their territorial gain(s)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

No I wouldn't believe you.

Of course they are killing people. Why would they need to lie about that? It doesn't mean the war is over or even being won. It just means some of the Taliban have been killed. Why is it so hard to believe?

What?

Are the Taliban "Super Human" They cant be killed?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
[The great game] - good thread Slayer

The black gold/devils tears is indeed their hidden agenda. I think Afghanistan is just a holding pattern as they start to close ranks on Pakistan and Iran.

Just looking at google maps, it's obvious the dominion they are trying to encroach on. Once they (US) throw enough military into the region and overthrow Iran, then they will have carte blanche on the region and more importantly the Caspian Sea; the last bastion n Earth, where oil is easily mined.

The BTC is to be protected at all costs; i just wonder what Chavez, Russia and China will think of their territorial gain(s)

Now you're getting the BIG picture. Central Asia! Not the Gulf states!
The oil reserves there shrink the gulf states to nothing. It will be the flash point of the future mark my words this is all child's play.
IMO

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Oh they are all in there in the mix so to speak.

The most obvious is the US

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see in the days ahead what if any fixed fortifications the Coallition builds or doesn't build to capitalize on these gains and if there is an attempt to start building the oil pipeline through the region and actually into Pakistan now.

Now is an excellent time to do such a thing with so much public attention diverted to the dog and pony show in Iran.

The politicians in Pakistan seem to be responding to the graveness of the threat to them by an unhappy Coallition of the Stealing and Wheeling and Dealing and seems to recognize the importance of securing the pipelines path now.

All the objectives in Afghanistan would then be secure, China has gotten the Copper, Royal Dutch Shell has gotten it's Pipeline and the CIA has gotten the Heroine.

Alls well that ends well huh?

Great thread Slayer, Star and Flag!

[edit on 23/6/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Mine eyes have seen the truth.
Great reply.

Iran being over thrown would be a bonus but not necessary.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They don't call Afghanistan the graveyard of Empires for nothing. History is a fine example of that. It is one of the most lawless areas in the world. Where tribal loyalties have lasted for thousands of years and no amount of US aid will change it. We have won all military engagements there, but if we can't win the hearts and minds of the Afghans we are just shooting the breeze. I agree our forces are doing well militarily but again if the people can't be won of over its' just another money pit with no end in sight.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

It's not supposed to end...

It's an excuse to be in the region to be a player in the future of central Asia.

Think of Good Cop/Bad Cop

Bush- Bad Cop comes in the front door guns a blazing.
Obama- Good Cop Will fix everything/Works all the back door channels. We stay in the region....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Jakes51

It's not supposed to end...

It's an excuse to be in the region to be a player in the future of central Asia.

Think of Good Cop/Bad Cop

Bush- Bad Cop comes in the front door guns a blazing.
Obama- Good Cop Will fix everything/Works all the back door channels. We stay in the region....

Good point and it was my fault for trying to think rationally on the subject. You clear things up for me very well and make a lot of sense. So it is a revolving door in Afghanistan. Keep the place in shambles and the people confused. The whole divide and conquer scheme. However, how long do you think Russia and China will put up with our shenanigans? It is just as easy for them to re-equip the Taliban as we did during the Afghan/Soviet War of the eighties. I know for a fact China and Russia are in the middle of the game and want all those resources as well. On top of all that, which side will India take in this mess?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Mine eyes have seen the truth.
Great reply.

Iran being over thrown would be a bonus but not necessary.

The guys at AIG would tell you that not only are Bonuses necessary but part of an already made contractual obligation!

In a world run on a 'scarcity' paradigm 'more' is always better!

Our propoganda machine sure seems to think more is always better!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join