It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 FEMA videographer at Ground Zero goes public

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+112 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Not seen this posted anywhere and tried a search, so thought id share it.

As official videographer for the U.S. government, Kurt Sonnenfeld was detailed to Ground Zero on September 11, 2001, where he spent one month filming 29 tapes: "What I saw at certain moments and in certain places ... is very disturbing!"

Source

Anyone managed to read his book ?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Holy crap! This is huge!

We have GOT to get access to those tapes! No, better yet, we need to get them to some serious experts to corroborate so many things! Wow, wow, WOW!~!!!

S&F and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Kurt Sonnenfeld: There were many things, in hindsight, that were disturbing at Ground Zero. It was odd to me that I was dispatched to go to New York even before the second plane hit the South Tower, while the media was still reporting only that a “small plane” had collided with the North Tower — far too small of a catastrophe at that point to involve FEMA . FEMA was mobilized within minutes, whereas it took ten days for it to deploy to New Orleans to respond to Hurricane Katrina, even with abundant advance warning! It was odd to me that all cameras were so fiercely prohibited within the secured perimeter of Ground Zero, that the entire area was declared a crime scene and yet the “evidence” within that crime scene was so rapidly removed and destroyed. And then it was very odd to me when I learned that FEMA and several other federal agencies had already moved into position at their command center at Pier 92 on September 10th, one day before the attacks!

Lord only KNOWS what's on those tapes! He was sent BEFORE the second hit?????!!!! Incredible!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by slylee

This sounds so cynical but will we be reading the obituary of Kurt Sonnenfeld very soon?
If all this is true ... then he has the power to destroy some very powerful people.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
wow, so the vaults were empty?

and the cia building in building six somehow recovered their evidence and plaques without damage to tapes? i thought the heat was soooooo much that nothing could withstand it, even steel?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great article! Here's my favorite quote from the interview:

"Sometimes it seems to me that the “nuts” are those who hold to what they’ve been told with an almost religious fervor despite all of the evidence to the contrary — the ones who won’t even consider that there was a conspiracy. There are so many anomalies to the “official” investigation that you can’t blame it on oversight or incompetence. I am familiar with the scientists and qualified professionals to whom you refer, and their findings are convincing, credible, and presented according to scientific protocol — in stark contrast to the findings of the “official” investigation. In addition, numerous intelligence agents and government officials have now come forward with their very informed opinions that the 911 Commission was a farce at best or a cover-up at worst."

www.voltairenet.org...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/6/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
reply to post by slylee

This sounds so cynical but will we be reading the obituary of Kurt Sonnenfeld very soon?
If all this is true ... then he has the power to destroy some very powerful people.

Why does that name sound so familiar? Has he published anything else?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Just did a quick search and maybe its this -

On New Years Eve 2002, he was arrested for having killed his wife. The story didn't make big headlines in the news, but started some speculations and rumours on the internet. On June 14, 2002, prosecutors dismissed first-degree murder charges against Sonnenfeld in the early New Year's morning shooting death of his wife. Nancy Sonnenfeld, 36, died of a gunshot wound in the head after she and her husband had celebrated New Year's Eve together.

Source

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by slylee

WOW!
That seems pretty significant! Great find!

I wonder if this was related to the information he had, and his willingness to go public. The murder could have been a warning, and a credibility attack!

[Mod Edit - Replaced quote with Reply To: tab]

[edit on 23/6/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This will be interesting reading, but I would really like to see the tapes somewhere where they can be viewed and scrutinized. This one is worth keeping an eye on...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
9/11 Videographer Re-Charged For Wife's Shooting Death

I would believe nothing of what this guy says, sounds to me like he is simply repeating a lot of the old and tired "truther" mantras in an attempt to distract from him being wanted for killing his wife.

He's hoping people will flock to him for a cause, even if it's completely bunk. And people will, of course because they WANT to believe, not because this wanted murderer has any actual evidence.

People like this should hang.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Update:

His book is called "El Perseguido," which means "The Followed."

elperseguido.wordpress.com...

He has some of the pictures he took of the WTC here:

picasaweb.google.com...#

And a video here:

groundzerovideo.blogspot.com...

Since I speak fluent Spanish, I have already sent them an email urging Kurt to watch the video which is in my sig, and asking that he get a hold of any of us, cause we've got lots of questions!

And great article here:
www.voltairenet.org...

As to this "murder" READ! :

Voltaire Network: They want you pretty badly for a “crime that did not happen”! How do you account for such doggedness? As a FEMA official, you must have been trusted by your government. At what point did the situation capsize?

Kurt Sonnenfeld: In hindsight, I realize now that the situation had capsized some time before I actually became aware that it had capsized. Initially, the false accusation against me was completely irrational, and I was totally destroyed by it. It is incredibly difficult to have suffered the loss of someone you love to suicide, but to then be accused of it is too much to bear. The case was dismissed based on a mountain of evidence that overwhelmingly absolved me (Nancy, my wife, had left behind a suicide note and a journal of suicidal writings ; she had a family history of suicide ; etc.). The prosecution was 100% sure of my innocence before requesting the dismissal of charge.

Already the detractors are demonizing him.

[edit on Tue Jun 23rd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist
9/11 Videographer Re-Charged For Wife's Shooting Death

I would believe nothing of what this guy says, sounds to me like he is simply repeating a lot of the old and tired "truther" mantras in an attempt to distract from him being wanted for killing his wife.

He's hoping people will flock to him for a cause, even if it's completely bunk. And people will, of course because they WANT to believe, not because this wanted murderer has any actual evidence.

People like this should hang.

The death occured in 2002. I don't see why he would need a distraction 7 years later?! I love to call for hangings, but I like to have the whole story first!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I really hope that people wait for the proof meaning the videos before supporting this man, he simply could just be writing books and doing this to buy a better legal team for himself.

Now I know many will probably say "They probably killed his wife because of what he knows!" well if this is the case he should release the videos as doing this will do nothing but help him and his case and also help the truth movement for 9/11 that he acts so passionate about, if he doesn't release the videos or comes up with some excuse this guy is nothing but BS looking for a way to get out of jail and people to support his legal bills.

I don't understand why these people who are suppose to have evidence don't simply just share what they have, if I had info of this nature I would want as many people to see it and as many people to know as I'd feel much safer because there would be more eyes on me.
Say the government is after him and killed his wife right now they could easily kill him say it was suicide due to guilt over killing his wife and they trash all the tapes but if he shares the tapes it will make it a little more of a sticky situation for the government it may not be much security but it's something and also I wouldn't want it all be in vain if he's worried about being killed off and he honestly cares about the truth he shouldn't wait to release the tapes as his time may be up very soon, if what he says is true.

Just think about how disgusting it would be if he is exploiting the victims and events of 9/11 to simply get out of jail and also exploiting those who are seeking the truth, I hope people proceed this with caution and before showing any support demand the video tapes , I know some of the spineless are probably wiring this guy money right now but I hope most are better/smarter than that.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by slylee

Here's the best part of the interview, for me -

9/11 FEMA videographer at Ground Zero goes public

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e298357ad8d5.jpg[/atsimg]
Source : voltaireNet.org

s & f 4 u !

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wouldn't common sense tell people that there was probably a mention of an attack before it happened. Maybe that is why they were setting up before hand......... Why's it always have to be (in some people's minds) this crazy conspiracy?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Looks interesting but I have my doubts.

A picture of someone lurking behind a bush is not evidence that you are being harasses or followed. Even if he was being followed it could be for something completely unrelated to his 911 "secrets".

Soon after that conversation, my house was “seized”, the locks were changed, and men were observed by neighbors entering my house, though there is no record in the court of their entry,

hmmmm, how convenient!

The fact that ground zero was declared a crime scene shortly after the incident is disturbing to him??? He was dispatched to the site after the first plane hit the tower is disturbing to him. Why are those events disturbing to him, they seem very reasonable to me.

Anyway, I'll surely keep an eye on this story and I am very interested in what experts have to say about his footage.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well here's a link with both sides of the story

Link

What info the police/investigators have doesn't paint a very good picture for him. But at the same time if what he says is true then it could be quite bad.

Like someone else said don't know why he doesn't release all of it right now. Really if what he is saying is true then at this point it would only help his cause. Sure they may threaten his new wife but point is if she was also killed then he would already have it out there in the public's eye and would cause more of a headache for the responsible party than it would be worth. Better off at that point just leaving the info alone and discredit it all as swamp gas and have him institutionalized for be a paranoid schizo and link mental illness to his wife's death.

If what is reported is true about what the parents and family were saying he's pretty much going down if he ever gets back to the US. Man I would love to speak directly to his family.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Claims of 9/11 conspiracy have suspect running scared
Former Denverite says 9/11 work has made him a target

Sue Lindsay, Rocky Mountain News
Published May 25, 2007 at midnight

A former Federal Emergency Management Agency videographer accused of killing his wife in Denver is seeking political asylum in Argentina, claiming the U.S. government wants him silenced for what he saw in the smoldering ruins of the Twin Towers after 9/11.

Sonnenfeld, 44, is charged with first-degree murder in the New Year's Day 2002 shooting death of his 36-year-old wife, Nancy, at the couple's home in Congress Park.

The charges against Sonnenfeld were dismissed just before trial in June 2002 after a note written by Nancy Sonnenfeld was found that supported Kurt Sonnenfeld's contention that she took her own life.

New charges were filed in 2004, however, after two Denver jail inmates came forward to say Sonnenfeld had confessed to them during his time in custody. By then, Sonnenfeld had remarried and was living in Argentina.

Sonnenfeld blasted accounts of his alleged jailhouse confession as "absurd." Nancy Sonnenfeld's family, meanwhile, is firmly convinced of his guilt.

He said he and his family were followed, threatened and photographed before and after his arrest in Argentina in 2004 on the new Denver charges.

"This led us to conclude I was being extradited under false pretexts," he wrote.

Although he wouldn't discuss specifics with the Rocky, Sonnenfeld is quoted by the Argentine newspaper el Pais as saying, "I realized that they were after something else: the tapes of Ground Zero in my possession."

Sonnenfeld said he was arrested by Interpol agents on the new Denver charges a week after delivering a demo video of 9/11 footage to a TV producer in Argentina.

"I find that extremely coincidental," he said.

www.rockymountainnews.com...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ATH911]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

Yep, good call. And now we know what he has been doing all this time: Writing his book! Not sure if there is an English translation yet...But that's ok, this is one book I might just have to fork over the money for! How much yas give me to translate it, cause I'm broke!?
J/K, but I could get it and post the juicy stuff....

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

He doesnt need legal aid becuase he didnt go to jail...so he has not motive whatsoever for this except maybe to show the truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join