It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Destroys His House – I Have Nothing To Lose

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9e9e1f0a3fb.jpg[/atsimg]

A man in Alftanes (ICELAND), a suburb of Reykjavik destroyed a house he and his family lived in until his bank repossessed it after the economic collapse.

The man in his fifties said he’d lost everything. He also buried his car in the back garden and left before police arrested him for property damages.

His home loans were in a foreign currency and he tried negotiating with his bank to no avail. The man said he didn’t care if he owed 60 or 120 million ISK, “I have lost everything”.

He got a film crew to film the demolition and we await to see the footage posted somewhere soon.

A bit drastic but I think many will understand the man’s position living in a society that is designed for banks and tax-evaders.

Channel 2’s reporters showed this footage of his house – Watch here.

www.economicdisasterarea.com...

With nothing to loose, I'd do the same thing and more.

Oh and this has been happening in the US as well, check this video of a builder in California:

[edit on 23-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
take that BANKERS!!

man... its sounds hard to talk that way....

so did he drive the car through the house before tossing it in a ditch or a bulldozer or what? He F'd that house up!

seriously this is just immature tho, why do that?

its like a guy who kills his girlfriend cus she wants to date someone else...

if i cant have her, NO ONE WILL!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
no it is not

a girlfriend is a human that has rights

a house can be rebuilt, therefore they are nothing alike

you really need to reevaluate your equations if you think a human being equals some silly worthless property that someone tore up

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
take that BANKERS!!

seriously this is just immature tho, why do that?

its like a guy who kills his girlfriend cus she wants to date someone else...

if i cant have her, NO ONE WILL!!!!

Thats a very bad analogy. People are not property and what he did was take the value he worked and did his best to pay for only to have the rug pulled out from under him by powers he has no way to deal with legallyand reduce it to the level the banks think of him. Since the banks feel he has no value why in hell would you leave any value for the banks to make a profit with. You're going to find more and more of this in the near future. People all over the free world are very pissed that the banks are being coddled while the ones that make the banks rich are used like chattel!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Once you have lost everything you pretty much have nothing stopping you from doing anything you want really, and obviously this dude got pushed to just that place. At least this guy hasn't done with some have state-side where they have offed themselves when faced with eviction.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

This is NOT immature. This is a man that is desperate and sick of fighting the banks. It's easy to understand his desperation in today's economy.... And I think we will see more desperation as time goes on.

A man in process of losing his house... His home, and living space. I think he figures, "I've fought all I can. If I cannot live in MY home, no one will." F the banks.

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 23-6-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

its the same mindset behind it. obviously i value humans over property, but for someone who acts like this, its not far off.

just like someone who tortures animals, not too far off till its a human, but you dont see anyone yelling at you saying you think people are animals.

its still immature.

whos fault is it he couldnt pay for those things???

and yes the banks suck. thats why i dont deal with them

[edit on 6/23/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the economic collapse of his country was not his direct fault, so I doubt he had much to do with this. Not much any one person can do when inflation spirals out of control and what used to cover the bills no longer covers even 25% of the monthly payment on a house.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I wasn't yelling at you Amigo, I was just giving my opinion like you did. When people, for what ever reason, reach the end of their ability to fix a problem not of their own making things like this happen. These financial entities are ignoring the very people that keep them in business and expecting government to bail them out with no regard to the ones paying the governments bills! I'm not sure I would act this way, as I'm in the very same position but it has crossed my mind and I do understand the frustration!!LOL
Zindo

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This maybe the most awesome act of rebellion I have ever seen. The bank doesn't wanna give him an extension.... wants to stick him with a note he can't pay because the BANKS messed up the economy in the first place...

Heck ya..

Let this be a lesson to all of us suffering and to all the banks that want to repossess so the can have a vacant house on a flat market that wont sell anyways....

In the words of the men of Goliad

YOU WANT MY HOUSE

COME AND TAKE IT!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

You totally put into words what I couldn't! That rules. I have no problems with people destroying their property before the banks take it. Let them HAVE IT.

I wanna see Americans take back America. I want us all to own properties..... Own land. Not be 'allowed' to stay temporarily, as long as we are able to slave away enough to 'earn' the priviledge.

We should all OWN a piece of America, in my opinion. Down with banks. Down with a government that thinks they own US, and OUR STUFF.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
nah i guess you are all right

id burn that #(*& to the ground with them watching.

it wasnt his fault that that happened, which you cant always say.

my dad has a famous quote cant get blood from a rock, but you can get blood from a banker with a rock.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't think what he did was immature, he lost everything, can you blame him? The man is in his 50's probably worked hard to get everything he had only to lose it all. Call him immature all you want, and yes everybody reacts different, but put yourself in this guys shoes. As for destroying his property, I would do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Iceland, the poor country's fall was the target of a mass scheme perpetrated by the Bilderberg's and Banking Cartel.

While I normally would not applaud actions like this...
To think that the banking cartel is going to get off easy burns my goat!

Enough is enough! And this is one mans way of saying so!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

They're gonna 'spank' this poor guy pretty good -- so all the other 'monkeys' 'get the message' ...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Nothing to lose? Print m!
Some sheeple say it's illegal because TPTB who print FREE MONEY condition sheeple to fear TPTB. No wonder sheeple are sheeple.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm very sympathetic for that man. He probably worked his entire life for that house. He was just a sad and desperate man. According to the article, he tried to renegotiate the note and they wouldn't budge an inch.

That, folks, is greed 101. Shame on the bank he was dealing with. I hope they enjoy their rubble. The sad part is they will just rebuild it and try to sell it on the open market. So in all reality he didn't accomplish anything. However, if his actions made him feel better; more power to him. I just find it odd that with a stroke of a pen they just turned his entire life's work and passion in a mountain of rubble like in the picture. So again, I feel very sad for the man and I hope he can turn over a new leaf and leave this nightmare behind him.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
reply to post by warrenb

They're gonna 'spank' this poor guy pretty good -- so all the other 'monkeys' 'get the message' ...

The question is how?

He has no home the bank took it.

Has no car not sure if that came with the house or not.

Obviously has no money.

So worst case scenario they do nothing.

Best case he gets free room and food courteous of the federal or state govt. Heck if ends up in prison the convicts will probably salute him for doing such a fine job.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
wait a second..

if he had nothing how did he pay for the demolition and carnage?

why didnt he just sell his car and his belongings for pennies on the dollar and then take off?

I disagree with most, unless I am missing something, this guy is an idiot

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
S/F for this one,good find.I salute the man and can understand his motives.Too bad he didnt destroy his bank.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join